British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Radio One Concert (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/radio-one-concert-525550/)

lionheart Mar 30th 2008 5:23 pm

Radio One Concert

Trying to get tickets for the Radio One (Kelly Roland & Karl Wolf) concert at the Aviation Club on 19th April but drawing blanks from every website concerned. Does anybody know anything about it?

MataHari Mar 30th 2008 5:53 pm

Re: Radio One Concert

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6132944)
Trying to get tickets for the Radio One (Kelly Roland & Karl Wolf) concert at the Aviation Club on 19th April but drawing blanks from every website concerned. Does anybody know anything about it?

yep...I have tickets

lionheart Mar 31st 2008 7:16 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6133047)
yep...I have tickets

Are you serious?

Chris79 Mar 31st 2008 7:42 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6135381)
Are you serious?

Trying to find anything about it on the web is like trying to find a needle in a haystack! :(

MataHari Mar 31st 2008 8:51 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6135381)
Are you serious?

have I ever lied to you...

lionheart Mar 31st 2008 8:59 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6135633)
have I ever lied to you...

I was under the impression that tickets were not on general release and that only "invitations" were available by sending an SMS to Radio One, but that hasn't worked for me. What do you suggest?

MataHari Mar 31st 2008 9:18 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6135673)
I was under the impression that tickets were not on general release and that only "invitations" were available by sending an SMS to Radio One, but that hasn't worked for me. What do you suggest?

oh...well...we did the SMS thing and it did work...did you follow the instructions...

lionheart Mar 31st 2008 10:07 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6135774)
oh...well...we did the SMS thing and it did work...did you follow the instructions...

All they said on radio was to send an SMS to 6362 no other instructions. Just gave my wife's name. What else are we supposed to do?

MataHari Mar 31st 2008 10:09 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6135998)
All they said on radio was to send an SMS to 6362 no other instructions. Just gave my wife's name. What else are we supposed to do?

the data goes to a computer, so you have to text the exact thing they tell you to...and then you get an sms back with instruction about picking the tickets up

lionheart Mar 31st 2008 10:14 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6136006)
the data goes to a computer, so you have to text the exact thing they tell you to...and then you get an sms back with instruction about picking the tickets up

Bit silly when they appear to have only given detailed instructions once and not when I was listening to their wavelength...oh well, another waste of time it seems.

MataHari Mar 31st 2008 10:20 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6136036)
Bit silly when they appear to have only given detailed instructions once and not when I was listening to their wavelength...oh well, another waste of time it seems.

oh no....they are constantly saying what to sms...radio (space) 1 (space) name...if you don't do the radio 1 bit, or no spaces or just your name, it won't work....it's really every couple of mins they say it...

lionheart Mar 31st 2008 10:51 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6136056)
oh no....they are constantly saying what to sms...radio (space) 1 (space) name...if you don't do the radio 1 bit, or no spaces or just your name, it won't work....it's really every couple of mins they say it...

Thanks...will try again...sadly we don't have a radio in the office and Jasmine at home is always listening to her cd's. If no joy, will tell my wife to tune in to Radio 1 or else. By the way, the Akon concert is the night before...similar music.

Spugsy Mar 31st 2008 10:59 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6136197)
Thanks...will try again...sadly we don't have a radio in the office and Jasmine at home is always listening to her cd's. If no joy, will tell my wife to tune in to Radio 1 or else. By the way, the Akon concert is the night before...similar music.

I've pretty much given up on anyone half decent ever playing Dubai.

lionheart Mar 31st 2008 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6136239)

Robert Plant was here last year...

Blue Cat Mar 31st 2008 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6136239)

who is half decent in your book then :confused:

Spugsy Mar 31st 2008 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6136302)
who is half decent in your book then :confused:

erm...

Oasis, Prodigy, New Order, Belle and Sebastian, Primal Scream, Snoop, Groove Armada, Air, Arctic Monkeys, Chemical Brothers, The Killers, Nora Jones, Public Enemy, Underworld, Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, The Enemy, The Wombats, Malcolm Middleton, Aimee Mann, Zero 7.....

Blue Cat Mar 31st 2008 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6136340)
erm...

Oasis, Prodigy, New Order, Belle and Sebastian, Primal Scream, Snoop, Groove Armada, Air, Arctic Monkeys, Chemical Brothers, The Killers, Nora Jones, Public Enemy, Underworld, Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, The Enemy, The Wombats, Malcolm Middleton, Aimee Mann, Zero 7.....

right! I get you! Oasis and the Prodigy I would love to see, got a feeling the Prodigy have actually been. Nora Jones is great and the rest of them I aint got a clue about, well apart from the Arctic Monkeys ;)

Spugsy Mar 31st 2008 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6136492)
right! I get you! Oasis and the Prodigy I would love to see, got a feeling the Prodigy have actually been. Nora Jones is great and the rest of them I aint got a clue about, well apart from the Arctic Monkeys ;)

well I thik that the prodigy played at the rock in the desert thing last year, did snoop and madness play here last year as well at some festival??

MataHari Mar 31st 2008 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6136506)
well I thik that the prodigy played at the rock in the desert thing last year, did snoop and madness play here last year as well at some festival??

yeah...Kanye West was at that festival...
Basement Jaxx and Groove Armada been here, and what are they called, God is a DJ, Insomnia etc...saw them here as well...Faithless

Spugsy Mar 31st 2008 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6136520)
yeah...Kanye West was at that festival...
Basement Jaxx and Groove Armada been here, and what are they called, God is a DJ, Insomnia etc...saw them here as well...Faithless

ah see, I would have liked to have seen all of those.

that makes me more confident.

sassy Mar 31st 2008 4:17 pm

I got tickets too when I did the SMS thing:)

Chris79 Mar 31st 2008 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by sassy (Post 6137459)

POO! I've tried twice now, must not like me!! :(
I want some! I'll throw a tantrum and throw my toys outta the pram!
:unsure:

W10 Apr 1st 2008 4:01 am

Zero 7 played a DJ set here a few months ago

Madam Medusa Apr 1st 2008 4:23 am

hello doll...

MM, xx

lionheart Apr 1st 2008 5:45 am

Do you need to include your full name and tele-number too?

MataHari Apr 1st 2008 5:58 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6140618)
Do you need to include your full name and tele-number too?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...jeez you are getting on my tits....just listen to the radio...every bloody minute they tell you what to do....what's wrong with you...ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ScotsExpat Apr 1st 2008 6:00 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6140643)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...jeez you are getting on my tits....just listen to the radio...every bloody minute they tell you what to do....what's wrong with you...ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ooohh.. did someone get outta bed on the wrong side this morning, MH??? ;)

lionheart Apr 1st 2008 6:18 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6140643)

Listened for 15 minutes on the way to work. Only stuff about some cosmetic company. No mention about the bloody concert. We don't have a radio in our office at work....ARRRRGGHHHHH...my God you are so tolerant and understanding!

Spugsy Apr 1st 2008 6:39 am

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat (Post 6140649)
ooohh.. did someone get outta bed on the wrong side this morning, MH??? ;)

this week you mean?

Chris79 Apr 1st 2008 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6140745)
this week you mean?

OH........... Someone is feeling brave!! Hide behind your desks guys!!

ScotsExpat Apr 1st 2008 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6140754)
OH........... Someone is feeling brave!! Hide behind your desks guys!!

Christ, I thought I was sticking my neck out a bit, glad its someone else who's gonna get it now..............lol

foxy_cleopatra Apr 1st 2008 7:39 am

Hello everyone!
I see your hunting down for the Radio One Concert tickets...I've won a pair today (2 tickets) and selling them for 400 each.
Please let me know if your interested - will sell to the best bidder!

ScotsExpat Apr 1st 2008 7:41 am

Originally Posted by foxy_cleopatra (Post 6140933)
Hello everyone!
I see your hunting down for the Radio One Concert tickets...I've won a pair today (2 tickets) and selling them for 400 each.

Qualify BEST for me? You mean highest or is there some other way we can win you over??????;)

foxy_cleopatra Apr 1st 2008 7:57 am

Well, if someone agrees on 400 per ticket, great...but if people fight over and add some more to get the tickets - even better! ;)

lionheart Apr 1st 2008 8:01 am

Originally Posted by foxy_cleopatra (Post 6140984)
Well, if someone agrees on 400 per ticket, great...but if people fight over and add some more to get the tickets - even better! ;)

But I thought Radio One were giving them away for free? Who else is appearing at the show?

MataHari Apr 1st 2008 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6140745)
this week you mean?

hiya babehhhhhh...

MataHari Apr 1st 2008 8:39 am

Originally Posted by foxy_cleopatra (Post 6140933)
Hello everyone!

nice try...bye bye

Spugsy Apr 1st 2008 10:23 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6141134)
hiya babehhhhhh...

hiya grumpy knickers

:)

Chris79 Apr 1st 2008 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6141630)
hiya grumpy knickers

:)

666 posts Spugsy!! Get another one in quick! I don't like that number :unsure:

lionheart Apr 2nd 2008 3:41 pm

Success eventually...after eight attempts...just need to find the Gulf News building on SZR to collect my tickets.