British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Radio (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/radio-693714/)

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 6:54 am

Re: Radio

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8984737)
I knew that:o

I dont actually have a data package on mine as the nice twats at Etisalat have cut it off, infact they have cut my phone off as well due to a little misunderstanding on their behalf re data, wankers

Purdey Nov 17th 2010 3:01 am

Well, if you get your data problem fixed can you let us know how you did it?
My 2 year old data problem with Etisalat still isn't sorted but, if you keep your outstanding balance below AED 1,000 they don't chop your phone off network.

On another matter, anyone know which uses less data - streaming (radio or video) or downloading or are they both the same?

And finally how do you check your data usage? *141*3hash (can't find the hash key) does it on prepaid but what is for postpaid? I have asked ET several times but they don't know....and the total on the web site e4me.ae doesn't seem accurate.

Sandboy Nov 17th 2010 4:06 am

mate bought an internet radio from the USA, might have to request one for Christmas, miss 5Live in the kitchen

Blue Cat Nov 17th 2010 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Purdey (Post 8986389)
Well, if you get your data problem fixed can you let us know how you did it?
My 2 year old data problem with Etisalat still isn't sorted but, if you keep your outstanding balance below AED 1,000 they don't chop your phone off network.

On another matter, anyone know which uses less data - streaming (radio or video) or downloading or are they both the same?

And finally how do you check your data usage? *141*3hash (can't find the hash key) does it on prepaid but what is for postpaid? I have asked ET several times but they don't know....and the total on the web site e4me.ae doesn't seem accurate.

I will get it fixed, going to their Head Office in Deira to put an end to this mess once and for all. do you have an iphone?

Purdey Nov 17th 2010 7:04 am

I do have the SIM card in an iPhone now although the data bill in dispute was on a Blackberry with unlim international data plan!
Been to Deira (accounts dept is closed on Fri and Sat, parking horrible every other day) and they said they would fix it but haven't in spite of a SMS claiming the 'complaint' was resolved.

Blue Cat Nov 17th 2010 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Purdey (Post 8986630)
I do have the SIM card in an iPhone now although the data bill in dispute was on a Blackberry with unlim international data plan!
Been to Deira (accounts dept is closed on Fri and Sat, parking horrible every other day) and they said they would fix it but haven't in spite of a SMS claiming the 'complaint' was resolved.

on your iphone download iDataUsage. As for Etisalat it looks like I will have to go down during the week.

Jim Smith Nov 17th 2010 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8984687)
I tune into R4 intermittently as well, currently listening to Metro FM in newcastle though :)

Isn't Jonathon Miles on some Newcastle radio station, perhaps it''s BBC Radio Newcastle??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuyinUAE Nov 17th 2010 12:02 pm

I very rarely listen to the radio here or at home. I'd try and catch Nick Ferrari on LBC in the morning and the comedy hour on Radio 4 if I was early enough on the way home, but other than that, it would be something from the god knows how many gig of music I've got now. I think I've become addicted to downloading music!

Blue Cat Nov 17th 2010 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 8986944)
Isn't Jonathon Miles on some Newcastle radio station, perhaps it''s BBC Radio Newcastle??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Colman went back to Newcastle and is with another station. I am a Tony Horne fan through and through :thumbup:

Jim Smith Nov 18th 2010 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8987131)
Steve Colman went back to Newcastle and is with another station. I am a Tony Horne fan through and through :thumbup:

Maybe I am wrong, or perhaps he has been banned again!!

Jim Smith Nov 18th 2010 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 8989367)
Maybe I am wrong, or perhaps he has been banned again!!

5th Nov an interview says Miles works for BBC Radio Newcastle!!

BangleMan Nov 18th 2010 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8984624)
I have given up on radio in the UAE and now listen to UK radio via the internet or iphone apps. Which station do you listen to?

Listen to Absolute Radio from UK all the time (at work and at home), whether it be via ipod app, or via internet...love it, and ensures I dont forget about 'home', the traffic delays, the weather etc

Great music, great DJ's (especially Christian O'Connell's Breakfast Show), and occasionally listen to their sister station 'Absolute 80's'....

Go on, Im sure most of you were 80's teens ....so give it a listen

http://absolute80s.com/?utm_source=a...tm_campaign=a8

Spugsy Nov 18th 2010 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8984677)
Many thanks, Concierge. Now, where can I buy some stamps?

load son there, including some 80s and 90s stations which are pretty good.

lionheart Nov 18th 2010 12:23 pm

I'm still happy with Coast 103.2FM because there is very little stupid DJ chatter and most of the music is from the melodic 80's.:thumbup:

Spugsy Nov 18th 2010 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 8986442)
mate bought an internet radio from the USA, might have to request one for Christmas, miss 5Live in the kitchen

internet and not DAB? I had DAB at home and it was fantastic, radio 6 on whilst cooking was magic.