British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Radio (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/radio-693714/)

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 5:40 am

Radio
 
I have given up on radio in the UAE and now listen to UK radio via the internet or iphone apps. Which station do you listen to?

Bahtatboy Nov 16th 2010 6:06 am

Re: Radio
 
Which app(s) do you use?

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 6:12 am

Re: Radio
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8984665)
Which app(s) do you use?

tune in radio :)

Bahtatboy Nov 16th 2010 6:15 am

Re: Radio
 
Many thanks, Concierge. Now, where can I buy some stamps?

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 6:16 am

Re: Radio
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8984677)
Many thanks, Concierge. Now, where can I buy some stamps?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Choithrams :)

Bahtatboy Nov 16th 2010 6:18 am

Re: Radio
 
Ok, just dowloading Tunein Radio--looks good:thumbup:

Meow Nov 16th 2010 6:19 am

Re: Radio
 
Love love love radio. BBC R4 is the best channel in the world.

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 6:20 am

Re: Radio
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8984685)
Love love love radio. BBC R4 is the best channel in the world.

I tune into R4 intermittently as well, currently listening to Metro FM in newcastle though :)

Meow Nov 16th 2010 6:23 am

Re: Radio
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8984687)
I tune into R4 intermittently as well, currently listening to Metro FM in newcastle though :)

Use the listen again or iPlayer facility then you can listen to what you fancy whenever you want to.
:)

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 6:29 am

Re: Radio
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8984690)
Use the listen again or iPlayer facility then you can listen to what you fancy whenever you want to.
:)

do you not need a vpn for that?

Meow Nov 16th 2010 6:32 am

Re: Radio
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8984696)
do you not need a vpn for that?

Nope.

I have just listened to last night's Archers, now it's Front Row and then I'll move on to the latest episodes of Book of the Week (Mark Twain's autobiography).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/programmes/

Loads of comedy programmes, documentaries, dramas. :)

hnd Nov 16th 2010 6:36 am

Re: Radio
 
Nope, v p n not required - listen to BBC Radio 7 all the time. Great plays and on their comedy channel things like 'Just a Minute', 'The News Quiz' and 'The Unbelievable Truth'.

Bahtatboy Nov 16th 2010 6:38 am

Re: Radio
 
Streaming to my iPhone will use 60Mb/hour according to the Tunein Radio FAQs. Presumably connecting via my wireless network won't require any network usage on my iPhone, but how do I ensure that the stream comes from the wireless network and not from iPhone's 3G connection?

(See, this is what you get for being a Concierge:D)

(And please don't anyone say: God, he's got an iPhone but doesn't know how to use it:o)

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 6:44 am

Re: Radio
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8984709)
Streaming to my iPhone will use 60Mb/hour according to the Tunein Radio FAQs. Presumably connecting via my wireless network won't require any network usage on my iPhone, but how do I ensure that the stream comes from the wireless network and not from iPhone's 3G connection?

(See, this is what you get for being a Concierge:D)

(And please don't anyone say: God, he's got an iPhone but doesn't know how to use it:o)

go via wifi, switch of cellular data on settings :)

Bahtatboy Nov 16th 2010 6:53 am

Re: Radio
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8984718)
go via wifi, switch of cellular data on settings :)

I knew that:o


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:47 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.