Racism Explained

Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racism Explained

Originally Posted by Meow
Chinese lego?

That's right isn't it?
exactly (and why I edited my post) - Chinese account for around 20% of the global population, yet 100% of my lego collection. This is positive discrimination to the extreme.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
exactly (and why I edited my post) - Chinese account for around 20% of the global population, yet 100% of my lego collection. This is positive discrimination to the extreme.
You must have a 'karama' lego set darling..
no Chinese here......

Old Oct 28th 2012, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
What's this about? Is this about this supposed "war on Christmas" by the politically correct that poor persecuted Christians like to go on about? It's mostly made up, as illustrated by this example. Who has ever forced anybody anywhere to use "Xmas" instead of "Christmas"? Please cite chapter and verse. And if they did in the interests of "secularism", it would be pretty damn stupid since "X" is the ancient shorthand for Christ (as used famously by Constantine on his standard) and thus Xmas is a very old and perfectly religious abbreviation (hence you will occasionally see Xtian as shorthand for Christian also, especially in academic theological citations).

Ironically, I think you have just shown up another spurious claim to victimhood perpetrated by much of the same constituency that would identify white christians as being the subject of severe discrimination...

+1
we were talking about Xmas actually being hundreds of years old, because of the Greek letter X (chi) being used in standard literature.
We were at the pub but I have a feeling there may be something in it.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 2:14 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seven seas
+1
we were talking about Xmas actually being hundreds of years old, because of the Greek letter X (chi) being used in standard literature.
We were at the pub but I have a feeling there may be something in it.
No you are bang on: chi (X) and rho (P) are the first two Greek letters in Christ. This, by legend, was what Constantine following a vision had painted on all the shields and banners ahead of the decisive battle of the Milvian bridge which gave him sole control of the Roman Empire. It was before his actual conversion to Christianity but obviously helped a lot. Christian iconography is full of the symbol (with the X superimposed on the shaft - ooer missus - of the P). Those of the Protestant tradition will have been deprived of those kind of images but it's familiar to us Catholics and almost any Eastern Christian icon will have it somewhere.

Anyway, use of "X" for Christ is a long Christian tradition and not in the least bit secular. Even the usual resources when one can't be arsed to do proper research have a useful write-up on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

Last edited by Miss Anne Thrope; Oct 28th 2012 at 2:17 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails Racism Explained-religion.jpg  
Old Oct 30th 2012, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

What's more, black and other dark-colored cats are more likely to be euthanized.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...hp_ref=science

When you see a person with a non Black/Grey cat, you should be asking youself, is this person prejudiced against dark cats
Old Oct 30th 2012, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...hp_ref=science

When you see a person with a non Black/Grey cat, you should be asking youself, is this person prejudiced against dark cats
All three of my cats are dark coloured, and my Alsatian is 90% black.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
All three of my cats are dark coloured, and my Alsatian is 90% black.
In my experience, the problem is usually the other way round. My mother-in-law had a boxer puppy which grew increasingly racist as it grew older - it got to the stage that she had to change the route she took it for walks, as a couple of black families lived along her normal route and, if seen, would drive the dog into a snarling frenzy of hate.......
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
In my experience, the problem is usually the other way round. My mother-in-law had a boxer puppy which grew increasingly racist as it grew older - it got to the stage that she had to change the route she took it for walks, as a couple of black families lived along her normal route and, if seen, would drive the dog into a snarling frenzy of hate.......
My Doberman hates all male locals and Indian/Pakistani gardeners but is fine with women of the same nationalities
Old Oct 31st 2012, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
My Doberman hates all male locals and Indian/Pakistani gardeners but is fine with women of the same nationalities
All those who want to see Patsy's new avatar in full-size, say "AYE".
Old Oct 31st 2012, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Visually similar images
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

lol Dean..it was my Halloween costume last year I was "The devil wears Louboutins"
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:36 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine has two Rottweilers. He has a large projector and one of the dogs gets angry everytime they see a black person on the screen. Mystifying as the other one isn't bothered.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Racism comes in many forms but having a white man impersonate/stereotyping a black woman is just wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzs7ohhPr58
Old Oct 31st 2012, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

So are my cats.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.