Racism

Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racism

Originally Posted by Romulan
As a person of color, I can personally say that I've never witnessed nor been the victim of racism anywhere in the Arabian peninsula. And I've actually lived with the Arabs, rather than cowering behind compound walls and whining and complaining just about everything like the lot of you. The fact that there are persons from the sub continent working lower level jobs does not mean that the entire country is racist. They come here out of their own free will and most of them actually enjoy living here. Personally, I think all whinny Brits should have their employment terminated and deported back to cold, rainy Britain. If the Arab countries are so "racist", why don't you do the moral thing and GTFO? No one asked you to move here, and you moved here out of your own free will and continue living here out of your own will. If you wish to stay here, I suggest you get off your high horse and stop bitching and complaining and whining and making false and malicious accusations against your hosts.
May i suggest a trip to Al Jaber opticals for them to remove the rose tinted glasses that you have on.

Racism is all over the UAE and TBH the only place worse than here is KSA, as for you telling people to move out if they dont like it, that line was worn out many years ago. Some people cannot just up and leave, they have lives here that does not mean that they dont have the right to express and opinion.

You mention that you have lived with Arabs LOL well this I have to hear, they are one of the most racist groups here, and beleive me when I say that I know first hand, your comments are unbalanced and may i say a load of bull5hit

Try mixing with people a little more and you will find that racism will smack you right in your face, that is after numerous others have smacked you for your rude and obnoxious attitude.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banter64
May i suggest a trip to Al Jaber opticals for them to remove the rose tinted glasses that you have on.

Racism is all over the UAE and TBH the only place worse than here is KSA, as for you telling people to move out if they dont like it, that line was worn out many years ago. Some people cannot just up and leave, they have lives here that does not mean that they dont have the right to express and opinion.

You mention that you have lived with Arabs LOL well this I have to hear, they are one of the most racist groups here, and beleive me when I say that I know first hand, your comments are unbalanced and may i say a load of bull5hit

Try mixing with people a little more and you will find that racism will smack you right in your face, that is after numerous others have smacked you for your rude and obnoxious attitude.
I have strong hunch he knows just how racist the Gulf is, because how could any normal person not see it/hear it. I mean it is soo preposterous that the only conclusion is that he is lying.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

to be fair, taking his bizarre profanity-laden posts aside, it is possible that maybe he has found living in the middle east to be less racist than living in the uk.

it is possible, as not everyone has the same experiences....
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat.brat
to be fair, taking his bizarre profanity-laden posts aside, it is possible that maybe he has found living in the middle east to be less racist than living in the uk.

it is possible, as not everyone has the same experiences....
I suspect that he may have been at the receiving end of it in the UK but isn't so much here? Seems to have turned his head.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
I suspect that he may have been at the receiving end of it in the UK but isn't so much here? Seems to have turned his head.
i call bull$hit that he has "never witnessed" racism in the Gulf, but that's what i suspect as well. or maybe it is far more overt here, rather than sinisterly subtle like in the uk, which makes it easier to avoid.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:46 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
And stuck it up his arse.

Racism-head-up-arse.jpg

"never witnessed" racism here? You're blind and stupid, buddy--open your eyes and use your brain.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

As a person of color, I can personally say that I've never witnessed nor been the victim of racism anywhere in the Arabian peninsula. And I've actually lived with the Arabs, rather than cowering behind compound walls and whining and complaining just about everything like the lot of you. The fact that there are persons from the sub continent working lower level jobs does not mean that the entire country is racist. They come here out of their own free will and most of them actually enjoy living here. Personally, I think all whinny Brits should have their employment terminated and deported back to cold, rainy Britain. If the Arab countries are so "racist", why don't you do the moral thing and GTFO? No one asked you to move here, and you moved here out of your own free will and continue living here out of your own will. If you wish to stay here, I suggest you get off your high horse and stop bitching and complaining and whining and making false and malicious accusations against your hosts.
We did all make the decision to live here, and most of us, despite it's faults really like it here - but we're not so blinkered and stupid that we can't see teh faults that it has, just like every country.

Oh and who lives in a compound on here then? Apart from people in Saudi who I guess live there out of safety?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

and whilst we're on the subject why do locals hate Jews so much?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

YAWN
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:33 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
YAWN
exactly...it's a wind up, ignore ignore ignore.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
and whilst we're on the subject why do locals hate Jews so much?
There wasn't much brotherly love between Ishmael and Isaac.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:43 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Racism

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
There wasn't much brotherly love between Ishmael and Isaac.
Yet the similarities are striking if you look closely, the devil is just in the detail.

So IRRC in the Book of Revelation Russia becomes Israel’s arch enemy and arms the Muslims, then under the command of god they lead the Muslims to war. Then some people come from the East and Europe join in. No mention of the Americas or Australasian empires but then I suppose it’s difficult to make stuff up about places you don’t yet know exist.

Seems increasingly unlikely now.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 9:21 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

As a woman of colour (why your American spelling?), my wife has been called nigger by local Emirati youths on several occasions, been mistaken for a housemaid and harassed by Emiratis in white cars with tinted glass umpteen times. Our daughter has been insulted by Emiratis at school to such an extent that we had to move schools. Our African friends have been likewise abused and you should read the racist/fascist graffiti on the walls near our local shopping centre. Maybe Al Garhoud is a bad neighborhood? Unless you wear the national costume (which possibly acts as a protective shield because of the fear factor), I cannot believe that you have not encountered racism here in Dubai...MH you can go back to sleep now.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
As a woman of colour (why your American spelling?), my wife has been called nigger by local Emirati youths on several occasions, been mistaken for a housemaid and harassed by Emiratis in white cars with tinted glass umpteen times. Our daughter has been insulted by Emiratis at school to such an extent that we had to move schools. Our African friends have been likewise abused and you should read the racist/fascist graffiti on the walls near our local shopping centre. Maybe Al Garhoud is a bad neighborhood? Unless you wear the national costume (which possibly acts as a protective shield because of the fear factor), I cannot believe that you have not encountered racism here in Dubai...MH you can go back to sleep now.
What's so bad about being mistaken as a housemaid? At work, I'm mistaken to be the whipping boy - that must be worse.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:34 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
What's so bad about being mistaken as a housemaid? At work, I'm mistaken to be the whipping boy - that must be worse.
She is constantly asked..."would you like to work for me? I will pay you more?". Doesn't bother me, but it gets on her tits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.