R.I.P. Robin Williams

Old Aug 14th 2014, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: R.I.P. Robin Williams

Originally Posted by redShark
If Mr. Williams was a person of faith, the likelihood of such things happening to him is very much slim, a fact acknowledged by physiologists who believe that people with a depression illness benefit a lot if they have divine faith.
Nonsense! Once again you assert that what you think is factual when it is bullshit.
Many of the studies of the relationship between religion and suicide have been too small, contradictory, or flawed to make overall conclusions.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 1:50 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Real Sad story. Sad in that had he known the Creator, his end would have been very different. This tragic end is by no mean a strange outcome when one believes that one only lives once.

Goes to show how phoney your heaven is guys!
I am not condoning suicide, that's a great sin in any book as well as mine but all I am saying is 'the five fingers of the hand are not equal' i.e. all men are not the same. Some are strong and some are weak, yet some can be strong in will and spirit but be weak in character and ofcourse vice versa.
Robin might have lost the battle within but I refuse to believe that he didnt have a strong character, one cannot be loved by so many millions to not to have some form of gold in their hearts. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

Just because someone committed suicide, who are we to judge him on his act? Have you never sinned? are you that clean? I know I am not. I dont think I will ever understand what drives a man to commit suicide but just because I cannot understand it, does not mean I will become the judge and the jury about it. And to speak ill of the dead is frowned upon in ANY religion 'oh great scholar who knows everything about everything!

and if you take pride in being called a cock just because of some vague reference to the Arab culture than you are a speaking cock and no nothing of the Arab culture! I know this question has been asked of you many times, yet again I ask...have you ever been here....ever??

Last edited by Irishbeekeeper; Aug 14th 2014 at 1:51 pm. Reason: misread a part
Old Aug 14th 2014, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I know this question has been asked of you many times, yet again I ask...have you ever been here....ever??
Since he/she/it is unable to even tell you where he/she/it lives do you think you'll get a straight answer?
Old Aug 14th 2014, 2:04 pm

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Since he/she/it is unable to even tell you where he/she/it lives do you think you'll get a straight answer?
I think I remember him saying he lives in Bradford...
or was that someone else...bleah!
Old Aug 14th 2014, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I am not condoning suicide, that's a great sin in any book as well as mine but all I am saying is 'the five fingers of the hand are not equal' i.e. all men are not the same. Some are strong and some are weak, yet some can be strong in will and spirit but be weak in character and ofcourse vice versa.
Robin might have lost the battle within but I refuse to believe that he didnt have a strong character, one cannot be loved by so many millions to not to have some form of gold in their hearts. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

Just because someone committed suicide, who are we to judge him on his act? Have you never sinned? are you that clean? I know I am not. I dont think I will ever understand what drives a man to commit suicide but just because I cannot understand it, does not mean I will become the judge and the jury about it. And to speak ill of the dead is frowned upon in ANY religion 'oh great scholar who knows everything about everything!

and if you take pride in being called a cock just because of some vague reference to the Arab culture than you are a speaking cock and no nothing of the Arab culture! I know this question has been asked of you many times, yet again I ask...have you ever been here....ever??

I think my argument was too sophisticated for you to tackle, and that’s why you lost your balance towards the end. You see, though we both belong to the same religion there is clearly a difference in our convictions. I know exactly where I stand and what my values are, and I have never ever been in the business of appeasing any people for that matter.

I struggle to believe that you can make the same claim!!
Old Aug 14th 2014, 7:50 pm

1. Still haven't answered my question.
2. Totally vague reply to the ongoing discussion by trying to get the other person to be defensive rather than a factual response.

I see things haven't changed much with you.

And yes, I DO care what other people think of me. Haqooq ul Ibad (the rights of fellow men) are more important to me than Haqooq UlAllah (the rights of God). So yes, you and I do not share the same conviction and I am for one am relieved. I always try and maintain an open mind and am always open to new ideas. After all the measurement of intelligence is the ability to listen to an argument without actually accepting it.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't this thread created to pay respects to Robin Williams?! Don't let the troll comments wind you up people.

Just watched Dead Poets Society on TV - just one of the many great films he played. Robin Williams will be missed by many.

RIP