R.I.P

Old May 25th 2009, 5:49 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: R.I.P

Originally Posted by Spugsy
**** off and come back when you know what you're on about.
what happens now though? my friend said something about the club not being able to afford to pay the players so they will leave
Old May 25th 2009, 6:07 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
what happens now though? my friend said something about the club not being able to afford to pay the players so they will leave
and that's a good thing - debt wise we're ok, but players like colocinni are on £75k a week, same as martins and some others, we'll shift out a load of them and start again, buy in players who care and give 100%, last night you could hardly say more than a few of them did that.
Old May 25th 2009, 6:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

and that's a good thing - debt wise we're ok, but players like colocinni are on £75k a week, same as martins and some others, we'll shift out a load of them and start again, buy in players who care and give 100%, last night you could hardly say more than a few of them did that.
clean slate so to say, then it is for the best then.
Old May 25th 2009, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

honestly though i do like them above some other clubs which dont have a history.....
Old May 25th 2009, 7:44 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

All clubs have a history. Some just have more of an interesting one than others. Newcastle's history? Well, go back less than 20 years and you'll find them wallowing in the old second division with attendances of around 10k. You have to go back over 50 years to find a proper trophy...
Old May 25th 2009, 8:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
All clubs have a history. Some just have more of an interesting one than others. Newcastle's history? Well, go back less than 20 years and you'll find them wallowing in the old second division with attendances of around 10k. You have to go back over 50 years to find a proper trophy...
that's bollocks, when did we have attendances of 10k?

Get your facts right before you spout off rubbish like that.
Old May 25th 2009, 8:39 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Lowest attendance by year: 16,001 (1980)
Old May 25th 2009, 8:40 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Took your time to chomp me arm off. Been fishing for ages.

OK, I was wrong, but it was below 20k. 1990 average was 16k.

This article is quite interesting:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4761813.ece
Old May 25th 2009, 11:46 am
why ayeeeee man!

Took your time to chomp me arm off. Been fishing for ages.

OK, I was wrong, but it was below 20k. 1990 average was 16k.

This article is quite interesting:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4761813.ece
yup typical ant newcastle bollocks, I read it last year when it was written.

Newcastle fans don't 'demand to win trophies' etc like everyone seems to think, we don't think we have a god given right to anything, we always want good football played which is why no-one wanted allardyce when he came - and we've never claimed to be 'the best fans in the world' either, that was sky coming up with that when keegan was here the first time.

Anyway let's hope we can come back up again next year, although it won't be easy.
Old May 25th 2009, 11:56 am
Excess Baggage

yup typical ant newcastle bollocks, I read it last year when it was written.

Newcastle fans don't 'demand to win trophies' etc like everyone seems to think, we don't think we have a god given right to anything, we always want good football played which is why no-one wanted allardyce when he came - and we've never claimed to be 'the best fans in the world' either, that was sky coming up with that when keegan was here the first time.

Anyway let's hope we can come back up again next year, although it won't be easy.
Come on! Give it to me with both barrels! I know you're angry!

Er..OK then. You're a cool customer.

I think you have a point about the Sky-created mythology, but I think some Newcastle fans - not all - bought into it somewhat.

Never mind. Should be interesting to see how Newcastle and Boro do in the Championship. We should both be looking to compete for automatic promotion, although if we stick by Southgate Boro will be lucky to compete for the play offs. He's clueless!
Old May 25th 2009, 12:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Come on! Give it to me with both barrels! I know you're angry!

Er..OK then. You're a cool customer.

I think you have a point about the Sky-created mythology, but I think some Newcastle fans - not all - bought into it somewhat.

Never mind. Should be interesting to see how Newcastle and Boro do in the Championship. We should both be looking to compete for automatic promotion, although if we stick by Southgate Boro will be lucky to compete for the play offs. He's clueless!
aye I'm not a massive fan of his, liked him as a player.

Will be interesting to see who shearer buys once we offload half of our squad, I'm hoping Carrol will get a good run next season as well, he's a decent player.
Old May 25th 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

aye I'm not a massive fan of his, liked him as a player.

Will be interesting to see who shearer buys once we offload half of our squad, I'm hoping Carrol will get a good run next season as well, he's a decent player.
u think shearer will stay?!
Old May 25th 2009, 1:25 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by deemi786
u think shearer will stay?!
I do yeah, it's obviously hurt him to see us go down, I'm sure he'll want to be the man who takes us back up again.
Old May 25th 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I do yeah, it's obviously hurt him to see us go down, I'm sure he'll want to be the man who takes us back up again.
he looked visibly upset, feel for him i really do, i wonder who will stay, owen obviously wont but what about the big aussie?
Old May 25th 2009, 2:29 pm
Excess Baggage

I feel dirty saying this, but I actually like Alan Shearer. He was always a fair pundit on MOTD when it came to the other NE teams.

I still wonder if he regrets not going to Man U...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.