British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Quick Telecoms Question Qatar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/quick-telecoms-question-qatar-788597/)

Kix Feb 25th 2013 8:51 am

Quick Telecoms Question Qatar

Are QTel the only provider of mobile services, or is there another?

Thanks

co durham boy Feb 25th 2013 8:54 am

Re: Quick Telecoms Question Qatar

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10566974)
Are QTel the only provider of mobile services, or is there another?

Thanks

Vodafone

littlejimmy Feb 25th 2013 9:16 am

Do they still have only one, really bad radio station that interrupts music for prayers and features news stories about what colour pants the Emir has on today?

co durham boy Feb 25th 2013 9:31 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 10567015)
Do they still have only one, really bad radio station that interrupts music for prayers and features news stories about what colour pants the Emir has on today?

Yes , QBS radio is indeed still shite . No real news , no traffic news , no decent programming and no hope !

We had The Worzels followed by The Brotherhood Of Man then Boney M this morning .

You know you're going to have a shit day when' Brown Girl In The Ring' blasts through the speakers at 6.00am !

Kix Feb 25th 2013 9:32 am

Ta.

gottheTshirt Feb 25th 2013 9:43 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 10567039)
Yes , QBS radio is indeed still shite .

You know you're going to have a shit day when' Brown Girl In The Ring' blasts through the speakers at 6.00am !

6.00 to 6.30 am is monotone readings and interpretations from the Quran. And if you are on the road listening to that at 6.00 am then you have been here too long.

co durham boy Feb 25th 2013 10:06 am

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt (Post 10567065)
6.00 to 6.30 am is monotone readings and interpretations from the Quran. And if you are on the road listening to that at 6.00 am then you have been here too long.

Yes correct , i have been here too long . It's actually called ' The deeds and utterances of the Prophet Mohammed ( PBUH)' .

Then Bernie Lyons comes on at 6.30am !

britexpat76 Feb 25th 2013 10:18 am

Avoid Qtel like the plague, they are useless. I have just spent 2 hours of my life arguing about my QR3700 bill for roaming when I activated a Qtel passport which gives me 1G of download and 100 minutes of talking. Seems it didn't get set up but the wifes did.............

britexpat76 Feb 25th 2013 10:20 am

And there is a new british speaking radio channel, 91.7 equally as shite as QBS but at least you can turn the Worzels off and listen to Climie Fisher.

co durham boy Feb 25th 2013 10:23 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10567126)
And there is a new british speaking radio channel, 91.7 equally as shite as QBS but at least you can turn the Worzels off and listen to Climie Fisher.

I had that on the other day and there was a documentary on about Robin Hood .

This place gets more bizarre by the day .

Kix Feb 25th 2013 10:24 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10567123)
Avoid Qtel like the plague, they are useless. I have just spent 2 hours of my life arguing about my QR3700 bill for roaming when I activated a Qtel passport which gives me 1G of download and 100 minutes of talking. Seems it didn't get set up but the wifes did.............

Which has the best coverage (this isn't for personal use)?

I understand that customer service is non existent btw.

(PS, it's your go).

britexpat76 Feb 25th 2013 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10567142)

(PS, it's your go).

I don't know about Vodafone but Qtel was wretched in my Villa in Al Waab (That doesn't really help) They are probably on a par but you will get a better deal with Vodafone.

(Just looking now, give me 5)

co durham boy Feb 25th 2013 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10567142)

(PS, it's your go).

Qtel , i can't pick up much on Vodafone in Wakra or Mesieed but then again you're lucky if you see normal human activity in those two places .