Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Question to New ME Peeps

Question to New ME Peeps

Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:28 am
Camel Spotting

Bubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud of
Default Re: Question to New ME Peeps

Been in Kuwait two weeks now, if you'd have asked this question last tuesday I would have answered it from the airport lounge. I got hit with the blues so bad, I had my case on the bed, packed and ready to go. Got a wife and small daughter back in the UK and its the first time I have worked away from home since she was born.

Been working here at a well known company in Kuwait for two weeks, (Cant say the name, this site is monitored). and not so much the job but the mindset is taking a lot of getting used to. Nothing is done in a hurry, had to issue death threats to get my expenses and havent done anything remotely connected to my job since I have been here. Nothing is quite how it was painted in the interviews BUT it is a different country and culture so I am learning to grit me teeth, grin and bear it.

Tell you what though, if I hear Inshallah once more this week I shall swing for someone!!!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:32 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bubbauk
Been in Kuwait two weeks now, if you'd have asked this question last tuesday I would have answered it from the airport lounge. I got hit with the blues so bad, I had my case on the bed, packed and ready to go. Got a wife and small daughter back in the UK and its the first time I have worked away from home since she was born.

Been working here at a well known company in Kuwait for two weeks, (Cant say the name, this site is monitored). and not so much the job but the mindset is taking a lot of getting used to. Nothing is done in a hurry, had to issue death threats to get my expenses and havent done anything remotely connected to my job since I have been here. Nothing is quite how it was painted in the interviews BUT it is a different country and culture so I am learning to grit me teeth, grin and bear it.

Tell you what though, if I hear Inshallah once more this week I shall swing for someone!!!
Inshallah...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

rebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Fantastic Rebbeca, so glad it worked out, I was the same very short time between even entertaining the Middle East thought to Wow, Hell, Shit...I'm here, I didn't know about this site before i came, wish I did as it would have helped me in wage negotiations as in the end my company blatently lied about property prices, car rentals etc etc.
Yeah.. my company did the same with me. They said that the cost of living was much cheaper than it is, and also in the process of helping me find accomadation assumed I would be happy to share a bedroom with strangers.. of course I put them straight... In the end they moved four of us into a two bed plus maids near Greens! We ended up converting the lounge into a bedroom.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Are your family coming to join you soon ???

Yea I agree the mindset is the starngest I have deal with especially those who control money matters, I have never been so angry in my life ''ever'' than the time I had to deal with a finace man at a hospital so help me he was lucky he was on the other end of teh phone or else I think I would have put him in hospital...

I think companies seem to be very economical with the truth, that is why I like this site and think it is good to know it is here, even after a year here I think I would still ask question for help.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:39 am
Camel Spotting

Bubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud of

Matahari

PP. yup, wife hopes to be joining me in February, (depends on when I get my resident papers and Civil ID). Think thats the main reason for the blues, but dealing with the natives can be trying at times.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Thanks!

Apparantly there's a two week waiting list for assembling at the moment, so I'm just getting a girl friend to come over and help. Girl power!
Self-assembling girls. My favorite type....
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Matahari

PP. yup, wife hopes to be joining me in February, (depends on when I get my resident papers and Civil ID). Think thats the main reason for the blues, but dealing with the natives can be trying at times.
Well hope all is fast tracked so family can come sooner, must be hard at moment but (for all of you) good luck
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Self-assembling girls. My favorite type....
thought your favourite type was the inflatable type!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

MOD can we move this to the main ME forum as I think I have put it in the wrong place as there may be some good info on here if newbee's respond ???
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Okay we've had Dubai, Kuwait now.

What about Saudi, Dhoa, Abu Dhabi, Quatar, Bahraine and the rest of the states any opinions ???
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rebeccadubai
Yeah.. my company did the same with me. They said that the cost of living was much cheaper than it is, and also in the process of helping me find accomadation assumed I would be happy to share a bedroom with strangers.. of course I put them straight... In the end they moved four of us into a two bed plus maids near Greens! We ended up converting the lounge into a bedroom.
If you are finding the cost of living difficult to cope with, you could always consider what many other girls in Dubai end up doing...now what was the name of that really nice girl who touched base a few months ago and then vanished without trace?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:19 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
If you are finding the cost of living difficult to cope with, you could always consider what many other girls in Dubai end up doing...now what was the name of that really nice girl who touched base a few months ago and then vanished without trace?
the prostitute joke is running a bit cold now...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:23 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I was gonna ask a question about this.... but thank you M you have enlightened moi.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
the prostitute joke is running a bit cold now...
True, but she was a troll that everyone seemed to like...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:26 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
True, but she was a troll that everyone seemed to like...
she came at a price though...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.