Wikiposts

A Question For MH

Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:40 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Question For MH

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I've never been privileged to sample edam cheese. How does it compare with cheddar? Or gruyere?

If the English are supposed to be bad in bed, then what do the Dutch think of themselves in bed?
oh...I'd say it's got a 'softer' taste, if that makes any sense...a lot of Dutch like their cheese 'young' and creamy...

I really have no idea, but this is more about how 'the rest of the world' sees another country as opposed to what they think themselves, if that makes sense...I am sure there are preconceptions about the Dutch that we have no idea about or that we don't understand how they came about...also something like that story about the boy with his finger in the dyke, I had never even heard about that until I went abroad, I don't think it's something that does the rounds in Holland...
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I can say only one thing about the Dutch (apart from everyone from the Netherlands I've met has been quality...); they love a bit of Depeche Mode.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stereotypes of the Dutch:

Tall.

Angular.

Brusque.

No sense of humour. (or is that the Germans?)

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh...I'd say it's got a 'softer' taste, if that makes any sense...a lot of Dutch like their cheese 'young' and creamy...

I really have no idea, but this is more about how 'the rest of the world' sees another country as opposed to what they think themselves, if that makes sense...I am sure there are preconceptions about the Dutch that we have no idea about or that we don't understand how they came about...also something like that story about the boy with his finger in the dyke, I had never even heard about that until I went abroad, I don't think it's something that does the rounds in Holland...
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:24 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Stereotypes of the Dutch:

Tall.

Angular.

Brusque.

No sense of humour. (or is that the Germans?)
must be the Germans...well, we think so anyway...
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:17 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

We're English.

It's hard to explain.
'The English disease' as the French call it.