Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Question for the Ladies of BE

Question for the Ladies of BE

Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for the Ladies of BE

Originally Posted by pauldxb
I was thinking about that, its just something for her to open BUT perfume that just says ' I didnt know what to get so a last thought i got this ' plus she has loads
handbag?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

A little trinket from Tiffany? I thought this was very pretty*:

http://uk.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item....+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

*If my man is reading this, no, I am not hinting
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

A cute purse from Anya Hindmarch?

http://www.anyahindmarch.com/prod/Pu...il_Cash/40417/

They will emboss a message on it for you. Incidentally, she has just opened a boutique in Dubai Mall.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:48 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
A little trinket from Tiffany? I thought this was very pretty*:

http://uk.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item....+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

*If my man is reading this, no, I am not hinting
aye I got mrs spugsy a heart shaped necklace from tiffany, she loved it to pieces and it didn't cost the earth.

Unlike her engagement ring and then diamond earrings I bought her the next year, I think I've made a rod for my own back...
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:17 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
OMG I would never let my man buy me clothes.... Disaster in the making

I couldn't agree more -how come guys can share your life and your wardrobe space-even the drum of the washing machine;see you wearing particular colours and styles on a daily basis and think buying the pposite is gonna make ya happy??? 'Giftblind'- defo competent 'grounds for divorce' -imho.

Paul you gotta get her something.

Some of the most appreciated gifts I have had have been the less expensive ones where a little thought has gone into it;these stick in my head:

1.Two 'birthstones' to be made into earrings.
Your girlfriend (if b'day before 20/3) is Aquamarine so not too expensive.

2.A Manolo Blahnik Limited Edition shoehorn -s'thing LE is very appealing.

3.Fresh flowers delivered every week for three months

4. A Smythsons Leather mid-year Diary,check their website-lovely stuff!

5. A National Lottery ticket with variables of my date of birth as selected numbers for number of weeks equivalent to b'day celebrated.You could get someone in Uk to organise that for you-and if your girlfriend's only 19 then a fun pressie for under £20.

6.Scented candles- and I don't mean Jo Malone-although they are very nice
Friend noticed I always had cinnamon or spice candles burning and bought me a coupla dozen.

7. Biographies of people I admired,rated etc ..............

On the peril of yer life get her undies from Dragonmart!

hth
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:27 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I couldn't agree more -how come guys can share your life and your wardrobe space-even the drum of the washing machine;see you wearing particular colours and styles on a daily basis and think buying the pposite is gonna make ya happy??? 'Giftblind'- defo competent 'grounds for divorce' -imho.

Some of the most appreciated gifts I have had have been the less expensive ones where a little thought has gone into it;these stick in my head:

5. A National Lottery ticket with variables of my date of birth as selected numbers for number of weeks equivalent to b'day celebrated.You could get someone in Uk to organise that for you-and if your girlfriend's only 19 then a fun pressie for under £20.

Friend noticed I always had cinnamon or spice candles burning and bought me a coupla dozen.

hth
gosh... I'm "just" getting a meal out with Mr Kitty for my birthday... and probably a card. Ah yes, and some diamond earrings, although I'm not sure if they're a birthday pressie per se, seeing as I've had them for a few weeks.

Paul, it's fine. She'll have a lovely, memorable evening with you and that's the most important thing.

To lay the lingerie thing to rest - it's also more difficult to get the right fit, the bigger-busted she is. A-C and you have it easy... D, hmm... E, F, G, + - forget it!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:31 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva

hth
aye as a few stocking fillers for mrs spugsy at christmas I bought her a couple of books of love poems and wrote something nice on the inside, she proper loved them.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:37 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
aye as a few stocking fillers for mrs spugsy at christmas I bought her a couple of books of love poems and wrote something nice on the inside, she proper loved them.
That works for me! ....really, lovely thing to do.
Books imho are great gifts, I cherish those I have received and they mostly
take me back to good times in my life - more than just a read.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
gosh... I'm "just" getting a meal out with Mr Kitty for my birthday... and probably a card. Ah yes, and some diamond earrings, although I'm not sure if they're a birthday pressie per se, seeing as I've had them for a few weeks.

Paul, it's fine. She'll have a lovely, memorable evening with you and that's the most important thing.

To lay the lingerie thing to rest - it's also more difficult to get the right fit, the bigger-busted she is. A-C and you have it easy... D, hmm... E, F, G, + - forget it!
I wouldnt get her lingerie, as i would 100% get it wrong, she says she struggles to get the right clothes as she needs a 10 for a top & a 8 for trousers / skirt & when its a dress.... too complicated
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spugsy
A book is not a bad idea
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:47 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt get her lingerie, as i would 100% get it wrong, she says she struggles to get the right clothes as she needs a 10 for a top & a 8 for trousers / skirt & when its a dress.... too complicated
a spa voucher?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eva

hth

Really ????
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:56 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Really ????

I think so....it's the exclusivity of LE items which appeals to me-not sure I'm getting your drift???
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Really ????
Lol I can't of anything I'd like less - who uses a shoehorn these days except OAPs and fat people who struggle to put their swollen feet in their shoes?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:59 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Lol I can't of anything I'd like less - who uses a shoehorn these days except OAPs and fat people who struggle to put their swollen feet in their shoes?
I agree! if I got one I would take it back!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.