Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

A question about women.

A question about women.

Old Dec 18th 2017, 4:54 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question about women.

Originally Posted by carcajou
I know of this case, if it is the one I am thinking of (I had no involvement, I just remember hearing about it).

I am always very suspicious when Westerners just happen to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time in these cases. Most likely scenario is the Westerner was specifically targeted and the terrorists had inside help. Least likely scenario is that a fake road block netted random Westerner as a stroke of luck for the bad guys.

Please see my comment earlier about "who knows who has infiltrated" security.

My heart goes out to the family of the victim, who over a decade later will still be suffering.
Which was the case here. The guy worked for a well known military contractor working with the Saudi military.

By all accounts he was a bit of an a..hole to his wife, so who knows.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 4:55 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
are you serious
About what? The beheading or the thobe?
Old Dec 18th 2017, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Wow. I’m going to cite this story in future, a friend of a friend of a poster on BE.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Saudi_Arabia?wprov= sfla1

13+18 June 2003.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
About what? The beheading or the thobe?
the beheading....my comment was just one of shock...not doubting your story.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Saudi_Arabia?wprov= sfla1

13+18 June 2003.
I never said it didn't happen. I was in Dubai when it happened and remember it well.... I recall camping in the desert around that time and producing a small brick like object from my anus when a truck came up to us in the middle of the night waited for a bit then drove off.

It's the friend of a friend bit with some extra details chucked in for good measure that I questioned.