Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

A question about women.

A question about women.

Old Dec 18th 2017, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question about women.

Originally Posted by mission View Post
are you serious
The incident nonthaburi speaks of did happen. If it is the same one I am thinking of - a second employee at that office, was also killed by militants the same day, but in a different location and not with the other employee who was captured at the roadblock. Which meant inside informants at the office.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

slammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, who would have thought that my innocent and naive question would go this way, but I suppose all the talk about ex-wifes and beheading go hand in hand;.)
I had always taken pride in my ability to adapt to local customs and ways where ever I have been, methinks a stay in your part of the rock would have been the crowing glory of a career that has taken me all around the world. Now sadly it seems that I´ll never know how I would have gotten on.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 7:52 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Quite the effect of some blokes in pyjamas.

Sounds like the problem was his own, not them.
don't be a bell-end for the sake of being a bell-end
Old Dec 18th 2017, 7:58 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
don't be a bell-end for the sake of being a bell-end
Why not? Every other idiot on here gets away with it.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 9:36 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Why not? Every other idiot on here gets away with it.
fair point, I retract my words
Old Dec 18th 2017, 4:48 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I’m going to cite this story in future, a friend of a friend of a poster on BE.
Which doesn't mean it didn't happen.

We all have friends of friends, and things happen to people somewhere every day.

I've known the friend in question for five years,he's a stand up guy. I've no reason to doubt him.

Whether you believe is....Up to you....
Old Dec 18th 2017, 4:54 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou View Post
I know of this case, if it is the one I am thinking of (I had no involvement, I just remember hearing about it).

I am always very suspicious when Westerners just happen to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time in these cases. Most likely scenario is the Westerner was specifically targeted and the terrorists had inside help. Least likely scenario is that a fake road block netted random Westerner as a stroke of luck for the bad guys.

Please see my comment earlier about "who knows who has infiltrated" security.

My heart goes out to the family of the victim, who over a decade later will still be suffering.
Which was the case here. The guy worked for a well known military contractor working with the Saudi military.

By all accounts he was a bit of an a..hole to his wife, so who knows.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by mission View Post
are you serious
About what? The beheading or the thobe?
Old Dec 18th 2017, 5:00 pm

Wow. I’m going to cite this story in future, a friend of a friend of a poster on BE.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Saudi_Arabia?wprov= sfla1

13+18 June 2003.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi View Post
About what? The beheading or the thobe?
the beheading....my comment was just one of shock...not doubting your story.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:52 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Originally Posted by nonthaburi View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Saudi_Arabia?wprov= sfla1

13+18 June 2003.
I never said it didn't happen. I was in Dubai when it happened and remember it well.... I recall camping in the desert around that time and producing a small brick like object from my anus when a truck came up to us in the middle of the night waited for a bit then drove off.

It's the friend of a friend bit with some extra details chucked in for good measure that I questioned.