IT Question

Old Dec 13th 2012, 7:55 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IT Question

Everytime i open google chrome now I get a different home page, This one below:-

http://home.sweetim.com/?crg=3.1010000.10011&barid={EBBD3D51-448E-11E2-9DD5-047D7B3BF68F}

I have not downloaded anything and its not in any programs to uninstall. How do I get rid of the damn thing, its also in Arabic

To Add - If I open a new page it opens this sweetim nonsense and if I do a search it searches via this........
Old Dec 13th 2012, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: IT Question

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Everytime i open google chrome now I get a different home page, This one below:-

http://home.sweetim.com/?crg=3.1010000.10011&barid={EBBD3D51-448E-11E2-9DD5-047D7B3BF68F}

I have not downloaded anything and its not in any programs to uninstall. How do I get rid of the damn thing, its also in Arabic

To Add - If I open a new page it opens this sweetim nonsense and if I do a search it searches via this........
You need to go into settings (the horizontal black lines at the right of the search bar. Near the top you can enter a webpage to open on start-up
Old Dec 13th 2012, 8:12 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mogs
You need to go into settings (the horizontal black lines at the right of the search bar. Near the top you can enter a webpage to open on start-up
Star man. Thank you.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 8:13 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like malware. Check what is being loaded on startup, check also for any unusual processes in task manager. These things can be a nightmare to get rid of.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 8:21 am
Shark Fisherman

It looks that way.............Its back already and I now have a shitty task bar on the bottom of the page I cant remove ..............

I was going round a load of sites last night looking for a live feed for ESPN but I didnt download anything
Old Dec 13th 2012, 8:28 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

It looks that way.............Its back already and I now have a shitty task bar on the bottom of the page I cant remove ..............

I was going round a load of sites last night looking for a live feed for ESPN but I didnt download anything
You don't need to search, just use these guys

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

These should get rid of it for you

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=58124

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOED...ture=endscreen

the youtube probably more useful...

Last edited by Cypselos; Dec 13th 2012 at 9:13 am.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:18 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

nowadays you dont need to download anything and still get malware
need to have a decent av / internet security running for that
i am a staunch kaspersky supporter, try using that for future references

for now u need to find a decent malware remover, try spyware doctor or comodo cleaner

if u can do this :
click on start, in the search bar type msconfig
click on the startup tab and try and uncheck any programs that you think are not part of your general use, malwares usually tend to have no names or something like %hwjh%
then restart the system, a window will appear saying something to the effect of 'the system settings were changed blah blah blah', there will be only 1 option under it saying check this / dont show this again etc

see if that works
pm if u need more info
hope this helps

'please do not play around with anything else in there, you might end up with a far worse problem than when you started!!!!!'
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:27 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper

'please do not play around with anything else in there, you might end up with a far worse problem than when you started!!!!!'
if i had a quid for everytime my wife told ME that
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:31 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.safer-networking.org/2012...-for-download/

http://www.lavasoft.com/

http://www.zonealarm.com/

http://free.avg.com/us-en/free-antivirus-download

I'm a sweatie so these are all free and they're very good.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:32 am
Shark Fisherman

I found them! They were hiding in advanced settings, background apps. All deleted and running tickety Boo!

Thanks for the help