British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Queen Concert Venue (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/queen-concert-venue-571973/)

Shadya Nov 8th 2008 2:46 pm

Queen Concert Venue

Has anyone noticed that next weekend's Queen concert is being held on a converted construction site next to Ace Hardware rather than the usual Festival City event venue. It looks horrible right now. No seating organised and I dread to think what the catering and toilet facilities will be like. For a minimum AED400 per ticket, it seems like yet another potential Dubai rip-off, also clashing with the Fergie concert on the same night. What a shame.

Blue Cat Nov 8th 2008 3:09 pm

Re: Queen Concert Venue

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 6953185)
Has anyone noticed that next weekend's Queen concert is being held on a converted construction site next to Ace Hardware rather than the usual Festival City event venue. It looks horrible right now. No seating organised and I dread to think what the catering and toilet facilities will be like. For a minimum AED400 per ticket, it seems like yet another potential Dubai rip-off, also clashing with the Fergie concert on the same night. What a shame.

not heard anythng about it ! we are going :thumbup:

MataHari Nov 8th 2008 3:15 pm

that's the spirit...start slagging it off before it's even started...

Madam Medusa Nov 8th 2008 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6953235)
that's the spirit...start slagging it off before it's even started...

cmon, it's what keeps her and lionheart going, what the hell would they talk about if they couldn't moan and biatch...

MM, xx

MataHari Nov 8th 2008 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6953328)
cmon, it's what keeps her and lionheart going, what the hell would they talk about if they couldn't moan and biatch...

MM, xx

it'd be nice if they just talk amongst themselves...

Madam Medusa Nov 8th 2008 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6953336)
it'd be nice if they just talk amongst themselves...

now that's just wishful thinking...

MM, xx

MataHari Nov 8th 2008 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6953341)
now that's just wishful thinking...

MM, xx

a girl can dream...

rowell Nov 8th 2008 4:23 pm

Really looking forward to the concert, am of the age were i used to follow Paul Rodgers with Free at Sunderland Top Rank, Newcastle City Hall, Redcar Cotham Bowl, its a shame its on the same night as Fergie though would have liked to have seen her, one good thing as well the weather is guaranteed>

Spugsy Nov 8th 2008 4:37 pm

we saw paul weller there, it was great, big stage, plenty of security, loads of room and little tents and stuff for the kids, it'll be fine shaggy.

lionheart Nov 9th 2008 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6953396)
we saw paul weller there, it was great, big stage, plenty of security, loads of room and little tents and stuff for the kids, it'll be fine shaggy.

Are you sure it's the same venue? It's just that the guy on the radio specifically mentioned that the concert was being staged next to Ace Hardware, so I had assumed that the Paul Weller gig had been staged elsewhere, presumably at their normal events venue. Anyway, you know best.

Blue Cat Nov 9th 2008 4:00 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6954673)
Are you sure it's the same venue? It's just that the guy on the radio specifically mentioned that the concert was being staged next to Ace Hardware, so I had assumed that the Paul Weller gig had been staged elsewhere, presumably at their normal events venue. Anyway, you know best.

can you walk from Ace Hardware to the Intercon hotel?

MataHari Nov 9th 2008 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6954678)

you could...but it's quite a distance...they are at exact opposite sides of FC...

Spugsy Nov 9th 2008 4:28 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6954673)

nah thats it mate, they've left the stage up from the weller gig.

Spugsy Nov 9th 2008 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6954678)

yup, 5 minutes. MASSIVE taxi quese mind you, I'm talking 300+ people.

Blue Cat Nov 9th 2008 4:52 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6954683)
you could...but it's quite a distance...they are at exact opposite sides of FC...

I was guessing as much, thanks for the info!