Quad bikes

Old Mar 28th 2013, 6:07 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quad bikes

ALreet?

A mate has a bike and I wanted to go out into the desert with him this weekend, as I don't ride I was going to get a quad bike - but we want to find one, pick it up and take it out ourselves rather than go on one of these shitty quad bike parks.

Anyone know where I can hire one for 3-4 hours?

Cheers all.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 6:15 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Quad bikes

Originally Posted by Spugsy
ALreet?

A mate has a bike and I wanted to go out into the desert with him this weekend, as I don't ride I was going to get a quad bike - but we want to find one, pick it up and take it out ourselves rather than go on one of these shitty quad bike parks.

Anyone know where I can hire one for 3-4 hours?

Cheers all.
Have you got a trailer or will you need to hire two of those too? It's not as if you can drive one to the sands.

Sounds expensive.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 6:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Have you got a trailer or will you need to hire two of those too? It's not as if you can drive one to the sands.

Sounds expensive.
Yeah my mate has a trailer - so just need to pick it up with the helmet and bring it back later on.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Try the guys at KTM (on SZR), they have a farm where they also hire out the quads, and the may be willing to let you take one for the day, they are pretty good guys.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually just had a look and the main guy is no longer at the al awir ktm farm

he is now here: http://www.emiratesbiketours.com/

and apparently you can put the bike on trailer and bring it back later.

you should also pre-book your physio for next week too
Old Mar 28th 2013, 6:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
Try the guys at KTM (on SZR), they have a farm where they also hire out the quads, and the may be willing to let you take one for the day, they are pretty good guys.
That's where it was going to come from but apparently they don't do Quads anymore as loads of idiots don't know how to drive them and bring them back all smashed up.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

That's where it was going to come from but apparently they don't do Quads anymore as loads of idiots don't know how to drive them and bring them back all smashed up.
haha, that was my mate's missus, whoops
Old Mar 28th 2013, 6:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
Actually just had a look and the main guy is no longer at the al awir ktm farm

he is now here: http://www.emiratesbiketours.com/

and apparently you can put the bike on trailer and bring it back later.

you should also pre-book your physio for next week too
yeah they look pretty decent - have mailed them and will call later if I need be....
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:14 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

By definition quads are for idiots who don't know how to drive them get one of the honda 450s and rip up the place
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I know someone who has a fair amount of skin missing off his foot, and is only just up to walking semi-normal, after putting his foot down at speed on tarmac whilst wearing flipflops. Why anyone would choose to ride these things without proper boots, body armour, gloves, helment and neckbrace in this day and age is beyond me.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:10 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
By definition quads are for idiots who don't know how to drive them get one of the honda 450s and rip up the place
Had a cracking day out - although got stuck in the sand twice, came over and whacked my chest off the bars and turned one over at the top of a hill and had to commando roll down the dune to stop it landing on me. Was a great day out but the bike was heavy as ***** and had no power - was a 450 and cost me AEd 350 per hour, I had it for two hours.

And yeah, got helmet and that was it.
Attached Thumbnails Quad bikes-150126_10152660988715136_588316403_n.jpg   Quad bikes-479983_10152660988780136_16433686_n.jpg   Quad bikes-216653_10152660988935136_271116531_n.jpg  
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:25 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

We hired the 2 seaters here in Doha with a 800cc engine and roll cage. Tehy wanted 700 per hour and paid 800 for 2 in the end. I felt a lot safer in that and less chance of serious injury.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:37 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Had a cracking day out - although got stuck in the sand twice, came over and whacked my chest off the bars and turned one over at the top of a hill and had to commando roll down the dune to stop it landing on me. Was a great day out but the bike was heavy as ***** and had no power - was a 450 and cost me AEd 350 per hour, I had it for two hours.

And yeah, got helmet and that was it.
Strange about the bike, I have never heard anyone saying those 450s have no power. Must be restricted somehow but they are heavy when you have to push or dig them out
Old Mar 30th 2013, 6:02 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Strange about the bike, I have never heard anyone saying those 450s have no power. Must be restricted somehow but they are heavy when you have to push or dig them out
yeah when you're going up the mountains they just run out of power, they are massively heavy.