Push, Push...

Old Dec 6th 2012, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Push, Push...

If it's medically needed, then it's necessary. But if not, then the only two (natural) methods in my mind, are 1) hospital, or 2) home birth.

If medical checks show there are likely to be no problems, you can keep the midwife appraised by phone, she'll arrive timely and then after the birth she is likely to be gone in an hour, leaving your missus in the comfort of your own home, her favourite chair/sofa, with a dvd on and a nice cuppa whilst you run round after her making up for everything you feel you've done wrong the rest of the year.

I hate hospitals. I hate holding my children and getting booted out to wait in A&E till maternity opens up the next morning, I hate waiting half the day till a doctor finally comes and okays you to leave via the security locked doors, with a tag on, and a compulsory car seat.

Last edited by Beakersful; Dec 6th 2012 at 12:26 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
...I'm going to continue to push you into having a C-section. Or so it goes with one of my colleagues. Perfectly healthy, early-20's subcontinental wife, but both doctors she's seen at an AD hospital are pushing her and her husband into having a C-section because "it will hurt less". One doctor Indian, the other Pakistani. 'king outrageous, just preying on their naivety.
Deanetta had Deanlette the normal way - all 10 lbs 4 ozs of her..... 24 ins in height (length?)...........

On the Caesarean issue (C-section??? Back to America with you!) - it seems to me that sub-continental women have a very low pain threshhold, if the screaming of a woman at A&E at Welcare a couple of weeks ago was anything to go by - she had twisted her ankle..............
Old Dec 7th 2012, 5:06 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
If it's medically needed, then it's necessary. But if not, then the only two (natural) methods in my mind, are 1) hospital, or 2) home birth.

If medical checks show there are likely to be no problems, you can keep the midwife appraised by phone, she'll arrive timely and then after the birth she is likely to be gone in an hour, leaving your missus in the comfort of your own home, her favourite chair/sofa, with a dvd on and a nice cuppa whilst you run round after her making up for everything you feel you've done wrong the rest of the year.

I hate hospitals. I hate holding my children and getting booted out to wait in A&E till maternity opens up the next morning, I hate waiting half the day till a doctor finally comes and okays you to leave via the security locked doors, with a tag on, and a compulsory car seat.
Very few home births in UAE, doctors deliver the babies not the midwife. My daughter in the uk had all of her 3 children at home without issue but it just wouldn't happen here. The clinic my wife worked in certainly seemed to try to persuade the patient to have Caesarian and in lots of cases the patient asked for it so they could endeavour to decide the date didn't interfere with something they had planned.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
...I'm going to continue to push you into having a C-section. Or so it goes with one of my colleagues. Perfectly healthy, early-20's subcontinental wife, but both doctors she's seen at an AD hospital are pushing her and her husband into having a C-section because "it will hurt less". One doctor Indian, the other Pakistani. 'king outrageous, just preying on their naivety.
Sociopaths. Especially prevalent in the SubCon.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:18 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
On the Caesarean issue (C-section??? Back to America with you!) - it seems to me that sub-continental women have a very low pain threshhold, if the screaming of a woman at A&E at Welcare a couple of weeks ago was anything to go by - she had twisted her ankle..............
Of course, that is a viable experiment, representative sample and therefore valid conclusion to draw about more than 10% of the planet's population.... [alas there is no arched eyebrow icon to insert here]
Old Dec 7th 2012, 5:26 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

I had two emergency caesarians, most def NOT through choice. The first time was after a three day labour and I lost so much blood I was in shock. It took me ages to recover. I felt like id been hit by a bus. After the second one I contracted a super bug infection in my wound. This was initially missed by a locum at the drs. A nurse had to come and dress it daily, I could barely walk and fluid used to build up - every so often I would lose about a pint of bloody fluid THROUGH MY WOUND at totally unexpected times. Like while in the local shop that I had managed to stagger to... Or when my father in law visited.

Why anyone would opt for a caesarian by choice is beyond me. I may be honeymoon fresh, but I was bloody traumatised by them!
Old Dec 7th 2012, 5:46 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

In Italy they generally keep you in for 3 days after a "normal" birth and for 5 days after a C-section. That's like saying that a C-section birth needs more checks and recovery time than a normal one before they let you out.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Throughout all 9 months of pregnancy i vomited every 5 hours, had 24 hour nausea and had a daily nosebleed. Complete torture. I had kind of convinced myself that such torture could only mean that labour would be easier

So after 23 hours of more torture (including epidural only working for ten minutes and blood pressure dropping to 68/? can't remember), a Dr shouted that the baby had to come out NOW as he was in distress (cord round neck) - no C section - baby was already halfway down - just one huge cut/stitches & it was weeks before i could walk properly and months before i felt normal! LO was born purple but fine.

Government hospitals will definitely push you to push!

a few years later i did have the C section op (for something else) and I don't think you can compare the two.

For me though, the most torture is pregnancy.

Do I only have one child? Yes sir I do! I find it most irritating when strangers/relatives insist i should have another!
Old Dec 9th 2012, 10:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Throughout all 9 months of pregnancy i vomited every 5 hours, had 24 hour nausea and had a daily nosebleed. Complete torture. I had kind of convinced myself that such torture could only mean that labour would be easier

So after 23 hours of more torture (including epidural only working for ten minutes and blood pressure dropping to 68/? can't remember), a Dr shouted that the baby had to come out NOW as he was in distress (cord round neck) - no C section - baby was already halfway down - just one huge cut/stitches & it was weeks before i could walk properly and months before i felt normal! LO was born purple but fine.

Government hospitals will definitely push you to push!

a few years later i did have the C section op (for something else) and I don't think you can compare the two.

For me though, the most torture is pregnancy.

Do I only have one child? Yes sir I do! I find it most irritating when strangers/relatives insist i should have another!
what else would have a c section for other than giving birth?
Old Dec 9th 2012, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Same operation but used to remove large benign tumours.......
Old Dec 9th 2012, 10:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Same operation but used to remove large benign tumours.......
interesting would have thought they would have done key hole or vaginally?
Old Dec 9th 2012, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

They could not due to location.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 10:59 am
Concierge

They could not due to location.
hope all is well now though
Old Dec 9th 2012, 10:59 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Deanetta had Deanlette the normal way - all 10 lbs 4 ozs of her..... 24 ins in height (length?)...........

C-section is the term used by NICE and UK healthcare professionals. And I can't spell Ceasarean.

And the twisted ankle bit is blatantly racist, not absolved by "if...is anything to go by".
Old Dec 9th 2012, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

erm, sort of BC - thank you. are things ever ok after childbirth. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.