Psychometric Tests

Old Sep 12th 2013, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Psychometric Tests

Hi everyone, a question... do you think psychometric tests have got harder over the years? When I sat the entrance tests for ADIA I did brilliantly well on the Numerical Reasoning part. However, I sat a similar test this week and flunked spectacularly. I am wondering if it is me, or if these things have got harder.

I have been looking on the internet since and have found a test which is marginally easier than the one I sat and I would be very interested to hear how you lot fair on this test... if you've got a spare 20 mins.

http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com...asoning-tests/
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:52 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psychometric Tests

I had a crack at it and to be honest I got bored of it after 6 or 7 minutes but anyhow for what it's worth I had answered 12 of them correct at that stage.
Seems easy to be honest but then again I am an engineer so I have the numerical ability to compensate for lack of personality.

It's just practice required if you are a little rusty because they are all basic sums. Oh I used a calculator for a few of them which may have made me faster, perhaps you had to do them by hand.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, weasel decentral. I think I had only done about 5 by then.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trained and experienced in the use of PTs, so perhaps looking at it from a different angle. I've only ever used SHL products, so can't comment on others. SHL do have different versions aimed at differing professions and levels, so the levels do get tougher for certain ability tests.

They will change the tests every few years to update them and of course that avoids "habitual users" from learning the tests. Did you take the same 'level' of test that you in the past?
Old Sep 12th 2013, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

No, the ADIA one was so much easier and the other 2 people doing the same test at ADIA were bankers. We all did the same test. And it was easy. And I killed it.

I think the tests have got harder. I was just a bit worried about it because I had a medical emergency a year ago, and I wondered if some of my brain had been starved of oxygen and that is why I was struggling with the test this time around
Old Sep 12th 2013, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, not all PT's are the same - some you will find tougher than others, but then, it is meant to 'test' you. Literally!!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 9:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Hi everyone, a question... do you think psychometric tests have got harder over the years? When I sat the entrance tests for ADIA I did brilliantly well on the Numerical Reasoning part. However, I sat a similar test this week and flunked spectacularly. I am wondering if it is me, or if these things have got harder.

I have been looking on the internet since and have found a test which is marginally easier than the one I sat and I would be very interested to hear how you lot fair on this test... if you've got a spare 20 mins.

http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com...asoning-tests/
I really wouldn't worry.

PT's are good for some things but cannot be the be all / end all because the whole world doesn't regard them as useful / interesting.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

surely that's just a maths test ?

I hate numbers, that's why we have accountants with gold rimmed glasses and bad breath, I stopped after 2 ( but got them right )
Old Sep 12th 2013, 11:11 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Well done, weasel decentral. I think I had only done about 5 by then.
Ha it wasn't meant to be some kind of bragging post, but they just seemed very simplistic. If you were working with figures every day I am sure it would seem the same to you.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 11:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I had a click and got the first few right, but was using a calc.

Things like that always appear to be more of a test of your reasoning and breaking down of something. Not just, how much was this...they're usually multiple stage answers. I quite like them.

I interviewed at a recruitment firm once, they had a maths and English test. I got halfway through the maths one (if we charge the client 10.00 per hour and pay the candidate 8.00 an hour, how much will we make in a 48 hour week....type questions) when she gave me a calculator....that was awkward.

Even better was the English one; "There are 24 mistakes in this, find them".

I found 25 and apparently it wasn't a trick, she hadn't actually noticed, it was something silly like a town not having a capital letter.

Didn't take that job...
Old Sep 12th 2013, 11:48 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I did the 1st ten and ran out of time. May too many people disturbing my peace today especially when I am trying to sneek off to the booze shop when I get 5 minutes.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I did the 1st ten and ran out of time. May too many people disturbing my peace today especially when I am trying to sneek off to the booze shop when I get 5 minutes.
an essential skill
Old Sep 12th 2013, 12:50 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by britexpat76
If there are 3 crates of beer A on offer for $x with an alcohol content of 4.5% and 4 crates of beer B on offer for $x with an alcohol content of 3.8%.

Both come with a free bottle of Jagermeister calculate the odds of you hugging the toilet by midnight for both beer A and beer B.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 6:34 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
If there are 3 crates of beer A on offer for $x with an alcohol content of 4.5% and 4 crates of beer B on offer for $x with an alcohol content of 3.8%.

Both come with a free bottle of Jagermeister calculate the odds of you hugging the toilet by midnight for both beer A and beer B.
Mackerel
Old Sep 14th 2013, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had to do anything like this. I did question 1- got an answer that wasn't in the multiple choice- did it again- got the same answer- guessed, moved onto question 2- decided im not that bothered and accept that I am a simpleton.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.