Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Proud to be a northerner

Proud to be a northerner

Old May 25th 2014, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proud to be a northerner

Just thought I would share that I am proud of where I am from, especially when my hometown football club have just had a rightly deserved promotion . Up the Millers
Old May 25th 2014, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proud to be a northerner

Originally Posted by Rubydo
Just thought I would share that I am proud of where I am from, especially when my hometown football club have just had a rightly deserved promotion . Up the Millers
I just thought I would share that most people don't give a shit.
Old May 26th 2014, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I just thought I would share that most people don't give a shit.
Then don't read the post and reply to it!

Last edited by mikewot; May 26th 2014 at 3:52 am. Reason: play nice
Old May 26th 2014, 6:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Who are the Millers?

(No, I can't be bothered to google it )
Old May 26th 2014, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
Who are the Millers?

(No, I can't be bothered to google it )
Rotherham United, they played Leyton Orient yesterday at Wembley to get the promotion to league 1- won on penalties :-)
Old May 26th 2014, 7:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Rotherham United, they played Leyton Orient yesterday at Wembley to get the promotion to league 1- won on penalties :-)
League 1 is where dreams are made. It was the bottom of the floor for the mighty Saints so good luck next season!
Old May 26th 2014, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

League 1 is where dreams are made. It was the bottom of the floor for the mighty Saints so good luck next season!
Thanks, it's going to be tough but they've had a really good season just gone so fingers crossed. Thanks for not being rude like the person above!
Old May 26th 2014, 7:15 am
Account Closed

Thanks, it's going to be tough but they've had a really good season just gone so fingers crossed. Thanks for not being rude like the person above!
Ah he's alright, he's quite helpful if you need pointers on things in the Middle East.

We're all quite rude here, in fact, I've got to be top-10 at times.

You in the UAE or elsewhere in this dump of a region?
Old May 26th 2014, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you guys have to hold on to something.
Old May 26th 2014, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah he's alright, he's quite helpful if you need pointers on things in the Middle East.

We're all quite rude here, in fact, I've got to be top-10 at times.

You in the UAE or elsewhere in this dump of a region?
Suppose we can all be rude at times but there was no need to read and comment if u don't give a shit! Pointless- my guess maybe a sore loser!

I am in the UAE- abu dhabi and yourself?
Old May 26th 2014, 7:31 am
Account Closed

Suppose we can all be rude at times but there was no need to read and comment if u don't give a shit! Pointless- my guess maybe a sore loser!

I am in the UAE- abu dhabi and yourself?
Dubai. You new to the area or been lurking on this forum for years?
Old May 26th 2014, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubai. You new to the area or been lurking on this forum for years?
Been in AD 4years but new to the forum
Old May 26th 2014, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Other than Barnsley and Corby, I reckon Rotherham is one of the ugliest towns I have ever visited. Does it have any redeeming features?
Old May 26th 2014, 8:13 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Then don't read the post and reply to it!
Actually I'm surprised you only got one negative response. First post on here, and I dare say many would read it as "I'm better than you". Perhaps many gave you the benefit of the doubt. Or couldn't give a toss.

I'm gutted that The Shrimpers didn't make it through the playoffs. Not surprised, just gutted.

Anyway, welcome

Pride is an inwardly directed emotion that carries two common meanings. With a negative connotation, pride refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments, often used synonymously with hubris. With a positive connotation, pride refers to a satisfied sense of attachment toward one's own or another's choices and actions, or toward a whole group of people, and is a product of praise, independent self-reflection, or a fulfilled feeling of belonging. Philosophers and social psychologists have noted that pride is a complex secondary emotion which requires the development of a sense of self and the mastery of relevant conceptual distinctions (e.g., that pride is distinct from happiness and joy) through language-based interaction with others. Some social psychologists identify it as linked to a signal of high social status. In contrast pride could also be defined as a disagreement with the truth. One definition of pride in the first sense comes from St. Augustine: "the love of one's own excellence". In this sense, the opposite of pride is either humility or guilt; the latter in particular being a sense of one's own failure in contrast to Augustine's notion of excellence.
Old May 26th 2014, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Actually I'm surprised you only got one negative response. First post on here, and I dare say many would read it as "I'm better than you". Perhaps many gave you the benefit of the doubt. Or couldn't give a toss.

I'm gutted that The Shrimpers didn't make it through the playoffs. Not surprised, just gutted.

Anyway, welcome

Pride is an inwardly directed emotion that carries two common meanings. With a negative connotation, pride refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments, often used synonymously with hubris. With a positive connotation, pride refers to a satisfied sense of attachment toward one's own or another's choices and actions, or toward a whole group of people, and is a product of praise, independent self-reflection, or a fulfilled feeling of belonging. Philosophers and social psychologists have noted that pride is a complex secondary emotion which requires the development of a sense of self and the mastery of relevant conceptual distinctions (e.g., that pride is distinct from happiness and joy) through language-based interaction with others. Some social psychologists identify it as linked to a signal of high social status. In contrast pride could also be defined as a disagreement with the truth. One definition of pride in the first sense comes from St. Augustine: "the love of one's own excellence". In this sense, the opposite of pride is either humility or guilt; the latter in particular being a sense of one's own failure in contrast to Augustine's notion of excellence.
I thought pride was a drink.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.