Prostitution...

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prostitution...

Ive just watched a documentary about it that was on the end of a video I was sent.

Should it be made legal?

The UK is very backward in this matter.They still like to think that it shouldnt be happening.It is though,and always will be.If it was made legal,and brought inside the girls would be alot safer from some of the nutters,and it would clean up the streets for the residents in the area.As far as im concerned,they provide a service just like every other job and should be given somewhere safe to do it.
Do you agree?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:29 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prostitution...

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
Ive just watched a documentary about it that was on the end of a video I was sent.

Should it be made legal?

The UK is very backward in this matter.They still like to think that it shouldnt be happening.It is though,and always will be.If it was made legal,and brought inside the girls would be alot safer from some of the nutters,and it would clean up the streets for the residents in the area.As far as im concerned,they provide a service just like every other job and should be given somewhere safe to do it.
Do you agree?
yes I do agree, and if they had done it years ago there wouldn't have been so many prostitutes murdered over the last 30 years or so
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes I do agree, and if they had done it years ago there wouldn't have been so many prostitutes murdered over the last 30 years or so
God,like the nutter in Ipswich a couple of years ago.That was awful.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmmmmm what an interesting post........ im not sure which way i sway on this, i suppose i have nothing against prostitutes however......

If it was made legal, how would it stop the nutters? No man or woman is going to want their details kept on record for visiting a prostitute, there would be no way to track and trace someone so how it is going to be safe.

There are still alot of prostitutes who would possibly be ashamed of their profession and there would be even more people who would disagree with their profession....

I dont think i would like to see their profession advertised in the local yellow pages.....

I dont consider myself 'backward' but im not sure how making it legal would make it any better.

Anyway where did this come from Miss D?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
hmmmmmmm what an interesting post........ im not sure which way i sway on this, i suppose i have nothing against prostitutes however......

If it was made legal, how would it stop the nutters? No man or woman is going to want their details kept on record for visiting a prostitute, there would be no way to track and trace someone so how it is going to be safe.

There are still alot of prostitutes who would possibly be ashamed of their profession and there would be even more people who would disagree with their profession....

I dont think i would like to see their profession advertised in the local yellow pages.....

I dont consider myself 'backward' but im not sure how making it legal would make it any better.

Anyway where did this come from Miss D?
My friend sent me a video of a series she was taping for me,and this documentary was at the end of it.It gave both sides of the story,and I just agreed that the working girls should be given a safe place to do what they do.Such a simple thing would make a big difference in terms of them not being attacked,and it would stop the neighbours worrying about what is going on down the road in full view of everyone.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:02 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

My friend sent me a video of a series she was taping for me,and this documentary was at the end of it.It gave both sides of the story,and I just agreed that the working girls should be given a safe place to do what they do.Such a simple thing would make a big difference in terms of them not being attacked,and it would stop the neighbours worrying about what is going on down the road in full view of everyone.
But England is so politically correct these days they would never set up safe places for the girls to work. Very sad. Remember Peter Sutcliffe the other famous prostitute murderer? sadly he didn't just attack prostitutes so like Mrs Haps says how could it be controlled?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But England is so politically correct these days they would never set up safe places for the girls to work. Very sad. Remember Peter Sutcliffe the other famous prostitute murderer? sadly he didn't just attack prostitutes so like Mrs Haps says how could it be controlled?
In massage parlours there would be safety in numbers though?
Getting into a strangers car is putting yourself in immediate danger.You dont know what they might do.If its in a premises there isnt much they can do.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you both but come on - England the way it is;

Would they be taxed and pay NI

Would you want your kids on career day saying i am going to be a prostitute?

I know dancers who are putting themselves through Uni and the crap they get is unreal. Could you imagine what would happen if they legalised prosititution!
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:21 pm
Concierge

In massage parlours there would be safety in numbers though?
Getting into a strangers car is putting yourself in immediate danger.You dont know what they might do.If its in a premises there isnt much they can do.

I agree, my friends Mother was murdered, she was a prostitute, if she had been in a safe place she would still be here now.

Mrs H, it is all down to how children are raised really, prostitution wouldn't be a career, at the end of the day it is the only way some women can raise their kids etc
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Make it legal. Protects both the Prostitutes and the Punters.
Take it off the streets and out of the hands of criminals.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I agree with you both but come on - England the way it is;

Would they be taxed and pay NI

Would you want your kids on career day saying i am going to be a prostitute?

I know dancers who are putting themselves through Uni and the crap they get is unreal. Could you imagine what would happen if they legalised prosititution!
Thing is MrsH,whether its legal or not its not going to go away.Nobody want their child to be a prostitute,of course,but thousands of mothers daughters are,and to make them safe is the right thing to do.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

I agree, my friends Mother was murdered, she was a prostitute, if she had been in a safe place she would still be here now.

Mrs H, it is all down to how children are raised really, prostitution wouldn't be a career, at the end of the day it is the only way some women can raise their kids etc

i absolutely agree, but if it is legalised then they would have to pay the taxes etc and in effect it would be a legal career - that is what im saying.

But again, even in a parlour, would they have cameras, would the client be made to sign in...... It doesnt matter that the numbers are there, take less than 30 seconds to kill someone and to be gone.... would people actually care if they read it in the papers about a prosititue being murdered.

People say prosititue like it is a dirty word. I think it is probably once of the most scarest jobs to be in and all to pay fricken bills and keep the kids fed so they arent taken in to care.... its a bloody damn shame and should be addressed.

It is a really interesting topic but there are so many unanswered questions and where does it become a discreet act?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thing is MrsH,whether its legal or not its not going to go away.Nobody want their child to be a prostitute,of course,but thousands of mothers daughters are,and to make them safe is the right thing to do.
Oh i had replied at the same time as you! Again completely agree but how far does it have to go to make it safe is what i am asking?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i absolutely agree, but if it is legalised then they would have to pay the taxes etc and in effect it would be a legal career - that is what im saying.

But again, even in a parlour, would they have cameras, would the client be made to sign in...... It doesnt matter that the numbers are there, take less than 30 seconds to kill someone and to be gone.... would people actually care if they read it in the papers about a prosititue being murdered.

People say prosititue like it is a dirty word. I think it is probably once of the most scarest jobs to be in and all to pay fricken bills and keep the kids fed so they arent taken in to care.... its a bloody damn shame and should be addressed.

It is a really interesting topic but there are so many unanswered questions and where does it become a discreet act?
But why shouldnt it be a legal career?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

But why shouldnt it be a legal career?
Exactly why shouldnt it be......

hence the above statement, would you be happy with your child coming in and saying i want to be a prostitue, if im honest i wouldnt. Our bodies are probably the only thing left we have control over. At least that is the way i see it.

I do agree that some women just dont have a choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.