British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Proper rubbish yet great bars (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/proper-rubbish-yet-great-bars-587569/)

Spugsy Jan 28th 2009 6:39 am

Proper rubbish yet great bars

I went for a few beers with a mate last night at Time Cafe, at Ramee Royal Hotel,

jesus this place is literally under the Maktoum Bridge, its RUBBISH, dead dark, 4 crap pool tables and the worst covers rock band 'White Rabbit' I've ever seen, they did appalling versions of Nickelback and Guns'n'Roses, the female singer had pjama bottoms on and they were just awful,

our waitress, a young russian lass was so miserable you could have curdled milk if I'd ordered some and the manager had a striped almost pimp like suit on,

it was rubbish, like Trillians in Newcastle but bigger and worse,

I LOVED it....heh, thats what we need, no swanky bollocks, just down and dirty crap bars,

oh and I ordered a steak and ale pie and chips and the pie was about a foot long,

awesome. :thumbup:

Beard Man Jan 28th 2009 6:58 am

Re: Proper rubbish yet great bars

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7220790)
I went for a few beers with a mate last night at Time Cafe, at Ramee Royal Hotel,

jesus this place is literally under the Maktoum Bridge, its RUBBISH, dead dark, 4 crap pool tables and the worst covers rock band 'White Rabbit' I've ever seen, they did appalling versions of Nickelback and Guns'n'Roses, the female singer had pjama bottoms on and they were just awful,

our waitress, a young russian lass was so miserable you could have curdled milk if I'd ordered some and the manager had a striped almost pimp like suit on,

I LOVED it....heh, thats what we need, no swanky bollocks, just down and dirty crap bars,

oh and I ordered a steak and ale pie and chips and the pie was about a foot long,

simplicity is a nice thing ... isn't it :)

how much did it cost for a pint lol

AnotherWorld Jan 28th 2009 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Beard Man (Post 7220827)

You know more than you let on don't you...

commander Jan 28th 2009 7:23 am

thats where the Dubai tartan army hang out..Its not a bad pub.

To be honest i prefer a boozer like that to some of the 'wine bars' that a lot of the wanabee gimps seem to frequent.

Spugsy Jan 28th 2009 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Beard Man (Post 7220827)
simplicity is a nice thing ... isn't it :)

AED 25 fella.

hawkhead Jan 28th 2009 7:41 am

Any of you long-timers in AD remember Bugsys?
God I loved that place! Nowhere quite like it now.:(

Norm_uk Jan 28th 2009 8:11 am

I hear you...give me that over some poncy joint where they charge Dhs35 for a bloody pint.

The UAE needs more of these places - if only to annoy the flashy twats who are so insecure they have to flaunt everything even when they have nothing.

N.

Charismatic Jan 28th 2009 8:20 am

Iour waitress, a young russian lass was so miserable

Did you give her "a ruddy good time" to help cheer her up? :D

Autonomy Jan 28th 2009 8:32 am

that's my local... it is a blackhole, tend to leave before the "entertainment" starts...

however it's a walk away so no cab nightmares. plus cheap beer.

I'm so classy...

Spugsy Jan 28th 2009 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 7220991)
Did you give her "a ruddy good time" to help cheer her up? :D

If I was single I may have, miserable tart.

Spugsy Jan 28th 2009 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7221016)
that's my local... it is a blackhole, tend to leave before the "entertainment" starts...

however it's a walk away so no cab nightmares. plus cheap beer.

I'm so classy...

its great because its under a bridge, its a proper dive and I love it, just a few games of pool and a giant pie, happy days.

admon Jan 28th 2009 9:23 am

.. most likely your 'steak' was a horses knob..

Inselaffen Jan 28th 2009 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7221106)
If I was single I may have, miserable tart.

lucky for her you are single. that could have pushed her over the edge!

Charismatic Jan 28th 2009 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7221106)
If I was single...

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7221165)
lucky for her you are single....

:confused:

O right, I see. I've been in the "single but taken" place before :D. Exgirlfriend wasn't too happy though when I had to tell her I was hedging my bets (she turned into a righ mentalist :eek:).

Spugsy Jan 28th 2009 11:03 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7221133)
.. most likely your 'steak' was a horses knob..

heh heh, that did make me laugh out loud.