Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Proper rubbish yet great bars

Proper rubbish yet great bars

Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:04 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proper rubbish yet great bars

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
lucky for her you are single. that could have pushed her over the edge!
heh, aye true, saying that with all this good food my belly could have pushed her right over, gah, need to start being a healthy Spugsy....
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:05 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic

O right, I see. I've been in the "single but taken" place before . Exgirlfriend wasn't too happy though when I had to tell her I was hedging my bets (she turned into a righ mentalist ).
nah joking, I'm very happily married.

Funnily enough the cab driver asked me if I had 'permission from my wife to go to the pub alone', heh.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:29 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
You know more than you let on don't you...

i knew about this pint thingy from this forum lol i have to thank them for explaining it to me

so how many pints do you normaly have when you log in a bar :P

i forgot to mention (to all)... drinking is very dangrous to health and can cause death to your self or ot others if you drive your car while being drunk... which is a crime in my point of view.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:30 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
AED 25 fella.

this will encourage people to drink alot !!

i forgot to mention (to all)... drinking is very dangrous to health and can cause death to your self or ot others if you drive your car while being drunk... which is a crime in my point of view.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man

its also a crime in the eyes of the law, so don't worry..
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

nah joking, I'm very happily married.

Funnily enough the cab driver asked me if I had 'permission from my wife to go to the pub alone', heh.
Sounds like my sort of place. So where exactly is it? You said under Makhtoum Bridge but I don't recall seeing anything but the Creek and several roundabouts on the Bur Dubai side. Do they have big TV screens for watching footy? Plenty of taxis about? If you like dark and dingy, try Waxy O'Connors...but upstairs if you prefer a comfy lounge environment to go with your mushy peas.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by admon
its also a crime in the eyes of the law, so don't worry..

i wish if it was more than just (while driving) lol
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Thats still pretty expensive, its like 5 GBP a pint...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:15 am
why ayeeeee man!

i knew about this pint thingy from this forum lol i have to thank them for explaining it to me

so how many pints do you normaly have when you log in a bar :P

of course it's a crime Beardo, we all agree on that.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sounds like my sort of place. So where exactly is it? You said under Makhtoum Bridge but I don't recall seeing anything but the Creek and several roundabouts on the Bur Dubai side. Do they have big TV screens for watching footy? Plenty of taxis about? If you like dark and dingy, try Waxy O'Connors...but upstairs if you prefer a comfy lounge environment to go with your mushy peas.
going towards deira, take the sliproad on the right hand side before you go over the bridge, then go left and you'll see the hotel, its next to a petrol station, its in there,

you would love it mate, serious its your type of place and yeah, its a sports bar as such, big tvs and footy on everywhere.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:17 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Thats still pretty expensive, its like 5 GBP a pint...
its about the norm over here, I got a double JD and a pint of kilkenny, AED90.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

its about the norm over here, I got a double JD and a pint of kilkenny, AED90.
Cricky - I paid 20 quid for a plastic cup of "Champagne", or more like very cheap sparkling wine at the Paul Weller gig - when i thought that they had run out of booze...

I did make them fill it up twice but even so...

You playing foots tomorrow big man?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

Cricky - I paid 20 quid for a plastic cup of "Champagne", or more like very cheap sparkling wine at the Paul Weller gig - when i thought that they had run out of booze...

I did make them fill it up twice but even so...

You playing foots tomorrow big man?
I'll be there kidda, now listen, no more diving handballs to save my game winning goals from now on eh? I wouldn't have minded if you had have been in goal...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll be there kidda, now listen, no more diving handballs to save my game winning goals from now on eh? I wouldn't have minded if you had have been in goal...
That was my Birthday present to you!!

to score the winning pen in the last minute

Although it was a pretty good save, even if i do say so myself...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:52 am
why ayeeeee man!

That was my Birthday present to you!!

to score the winning pen in the last minute

Although it was a pretty good save, even if i do say so myself...
aye I still got the winner though, it was a good game last week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.