Proper Camera Shop

Old Oct 24th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Proper Camera Shop

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
White goods are generally a bit cheaper in the UAE, like for like.

And bargains are to be had on Dubizzle....We just got a Bosch fridge/freezer which retails for around 5,500 drhms for 2,700. Still with all the original plastic wrappings.
Certain things are cheap (furniture and whatnot) but for some strange unknown reason the people selling TV's think that they are worth either more than they bought them for or very close to it.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 8:35 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
I've heard a lot about this. How do rates compare to the others and also direct shipping? Obviously in most of the states you get free delivery so i assume you'd get this then all you pay is the aramex fee from their unit over there?

I should really get onto this but i never know what delivery address to give. I could choose the apartment but they always want to deliver at stupid times. Can't choose work as its impossible to find being a site office.
This is the main reason I signed up with DHL EasyShop instead of Aramex. You select which depot to ship it to and then they text you when it is ready to collect. They don't give you an address in the UK as well as the US, but I've got friends and family who can forward packages there so not a big loss...
Old Oct 24th 2010, 8:41 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Certain things are cheap (furniture and whatnot) but for some strange unknown reason the people selling TV's think that they are worth either more than they bought them for or very close to it.
Yeah. What is up with that? No dubizzle in Bahrain unfortunately, but I've seen posters at Al Jazira supermarket where people are trying to sell 32" CRT TV's for over BD300!

The other thing I don't get is that western expats try to sell all kinds of stuff (read shit) when they leave the country. I saw a poster recently where a british woman was trying to flog used cloth nappies for about BD5 a piece. That's just ridiculous and quite disgusting..