Proper bow tie

Old May 21st 2013, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default Proper bow tie

Anyone know where i can get a self tie bow tie, ideally in Dubai Mall? The Tie shop doesn't have them, Marks and Sparks only had pre-tied ones.
Old May 21st 2013, 11:01 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proper bow tie

I couldn't find one anywhere in Dubai, so I had to order a new one for Mr Meow from the UK.
Old May 21st 2013, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, I feared that might be the case. I need it for tomorrow, so not looking hopeful then.
Old May 21st 2013, 11:19 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Thanks, I feared that might be the case. I need it for tomorrow, so not looking hopeful then.
Borrow Mr. Meows?
Old May 21st 2013, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

A fine idea, but given that a not insignificant part of the point of having it in the first place is to be able to undo it later on, which, thinking about it is probably why i don't have the last one any more, borrowing someone else's is too risky...
Old May 21st 2013, 11:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

A fine idea, but given that a not insignificant part of the point of having it in the first place is to be able to undo it later on, which, thinking about it is probably why i don't have the last one any more, borrowing someone else's is too risky...
They get lost easily which is exactly why I had to get Mr M a replacement.

Enjoy your black tie do.
Old May 21st 2013, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I have both a self tie and an artificial and you're very welcome to borrow one or the other as I have no pressing need until xmas I expect. If you're near JVT this evening or DXB airport tomorrow you can collect.
Old May 21st 2013, 1:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I think Ascot and Chappels tailors might have them, they are in DIFC and Marina Mall.
Old May 21st 2013, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good call, i'll stop by on the way through.

thanks Mike, but tomorrow day's a trip to the Nigerian embassy in Ab Dabs, which I can see taking up more of my life than I'd wish....
Old May 22nd 2013, 9:00 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Hackett?
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Dunhill, for something just slightly less than the soul of a baby.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Dunhill, for something just slightly less than the soul of a baby.
Oh wow. I bought my work bag there and was stood waiting to pay at the till, guy asked if I wanted any of the accessories.

I spotted silver collar stiffys. Asked how much, thinking 30-40 quid or something might be worth just chucking in...no. It worked out at about 100 quid.

It just made the price of the bag more acceptable
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

They did try hard to flog me the whole shebang. The idea that I just wanted the tie was very difficult to digest.
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

They did try hard to flog me the whole shebang. The idea that I just wanted the tie was very difficult to digest.
At least you found one though eh. I spent hours going around malls looking for nice pocket squares / hankies.
Old May 23rd 2013, 3:15 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Oh wow. I bought my work bag there and was stood waiting to pay at the till, guy asked if I wanted any of the accessories.

I spotted silver collar stiffys. Asked how much, thinking 30-40 quid or something might be worth just chucking in...no. It worked out at about 100 quid.

It just made the price of the bag more acceptable
Impressive. Obviously you're a cut considerably above pump salesmen: they're all Tumi, Mont Blanc and Tag Heuer (or IWC for the I'm-more-pretentious-than-you type). I like Dunhill, especially their trousers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.