Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The proof that we are all wrong:

The proof that we are all wrong:

Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default The proof that we are all wrong:

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Inv.../10297619.html

the best bits for me:

However, this is the time to invest. There are no two ways about this fact. History has proven that individuals who respond to a new market revolution in a timely manner, planning for an upturn during a downturn emerge successful within the market.

Whilst the global recession continues to affect everyone, it is important to understand that it also provides a new opportunity for us to realise - the future is inevitably bright as Dubai will have its golden days again

Written by Hussain Sajwani, Chairman of DAMAC properties.

I've only one thing to say to him.. 'you first mate'
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:54 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The proof that we are all wrong:

Originally Posted by admon

the best bits for me:

However, this is the time to invest. There are no two ways about this fact. History has proven that individuals who respond to a new market revolution in a timely manner, planning for an upturn during a downturn emerge successful within the market.

Whilst the global recession continues to affect everyone, it is important to understand that it also provides a new opportunity for us to realise - the future is inevitably bright as Dubai will have its golden days again

is that the same damac who have yet to build 1/10th of what they've sold
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
You don't understand, this isn't a property downturn, it's a 'new market revolution'..
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:05 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Why is these numpties in real estate think that anyone is gonna believe them trotting out this shite? When someone with no vested interest in the Dubai real estate market tells me something like this, I may pay a little bit of attention. Till then.............
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Why is these numpties in real estate think that anyone is gonna believe them trotting out this shite? When someone with no vested interest in the Dubai real estate market tells me something like this, I may pay a little bit of attention. Till then.............
I'm converted, Mr Damac speaks wise words..
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:08 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

the best bits for me:

does he honestly think anyone, anyone willt ake this seriously?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:14 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
does he honestly think anyone, anyone willt ake this seriously?
So far, from memory, we have had the guys at Emaar, Damac and BH telling us that NOW is the right time to buy. Anyone else out there willing to prostitute their ethics in the name of profit????
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:16 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

the gulfnews articles just seem to have oversubscribed to the theory that if you don't talk about a recession, it won't happen (fingers in the ears yelling "la la la, i can't hear you!") and this stuff really should have "advertorial" stamped across it.

(revolution - does he mean the swirl around the inside of the toilet bowl as it gets flushed?)
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:30 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I got all excited about the Dow Jones Index rising 5% last night so what does the FTSE do today? Its down 1.5% right now.:curse:
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
I got all excited about the Dow Jones Index rising 5% last night so what does the FTSE do today? Its down 1.5% right now.:curse:
you will have manios del pinhead on your case..

..shouldv'e invested in a laundromat.. or a baseball game..

i take it you had a flutter on the ftse today?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

innocuous is an unknown quantity at this point

The paradigm has changed. One should not expect overnight returns
True but i do not see the next paradigm shift happening anytime soon, sorry for being pessimistic. overnight could be interpreted as tomorrow, the day after or 5 years from now.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:59 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

"in the next decade Dubai will become one of world's best planned cities. "

What, are they going to demolish it and start again, this time with a masterplan that actually works? Or will it be more retrofitted infrastructure and stand-alone developments?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:04 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
"in the next decade Dubai will become one of world's best planned cities. "

What, are they going to demolish it and start again, this time with a masterplan that actually works? Or will it be more retrofitted infrastructure and stand-alone developments?
Nah, they will stick to the plan and have more stand alone infrastructure and retrofitted developments.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:13 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Nah, they will stick to the plan and have more stand alone infrastructure and retrofitted developments.
Exactly. "Best planned city" my ar$e.

I sometimes think they designed it using SimCity...
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Exactly. "Best planned city" my ar$e.
......very candid assessment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.