British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The proof that we are all wrong: (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/proof-we-all-wrong-599563/)

admon Mar 24th 2009 10:52 am

The proof that we are all wrong:

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Inv.../10297619.html

the best bits for me:

However, this is the time to invest. There are no two ways about this fact. History has proven that individuals who respond to a new market revolution in a timely manner, planning for an upturn during a downturn emerge successful within the market.

Whilst the global recession continues to affect everyone, it is important to understand that it also provides a new opportunity for us to realise - the future is inevitably bright as Dubai will have its golden days again

Written by Hussain Sajwani, Chairman of DAMAC properties.

I've only one thing to say to him.. 'you first mate'

shiva Mar 24th 2009 10:54 am

Re: The proof that we are all wrong:

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7413250)

the best bits for me:

However, this is the time to invest. There are no two ways about this fact. History has proven that individuals who respond to a new market revolution in a timely manner, planning for an upturn during a downturn emerge successful within the market.

Whilst the global recession continues to affect everyone, it is important to understand that it also provides a new opportunity for us to realise - the future is inevitably bright as Dubai will have its golden days again

is that the same damac who have yet to build 1/10th of what they've sold

admon Mar 24th 2009 11:02 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7413257)

You don't understand, this isn't a property downturn, it's a 'new market revolution'..

TGFKASE Mar 24th 2009 11:05 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7413257)

Why is these numpties in real estate think that anyone is gonna believe them trotting out this shite? When someone with no vested interest in the Dubai real estate market tells me something like this, I may pay a little bit of attention. Till then.............:p

admon Mar 24th 2009 11:07 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7413276)
Why is these numpties in real estate think that anyone is gonna believe them trotting out this shite? When someone with no vested interest in the Dubai real estate market tells me something like this, I may pay a little bit of attention. Till then.............:p

I'm converted, Mr Damac speaks wise words..

Spugsy Mar 24th 2009 11:08 am

the best bits for me:

does he honestly think anyone, anyone willt ake this seriously?

TGFKASE Mar 24th 2009 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7413283)
does he honestly think anyone, anyone willt ake this seriously?

So far, from memory, we have had the guys at Emaar, Damac and BH telling us that NOW is the right time to buy. Anyone else out there willing to prostitute their ethics in the name of profit????

still.unsure Mar 24th 2009 11:16 am

the gulfnews articles just seem to have oversubscribed to the theory that if you don't talk about a recession, it won't happen (fingers in the ears yelling "la la la, i can't hear you!") and this stuff really should have "advertorial" stamped across it.

(revolution - does he mean the swirl around the inside of the toilet bowl as it gets flushed?)

lionheart Mar 24th 2009 11:30 am

I got all excited about the Dow Jones Index rising 5% last night so what does the FTSE do today? Its down 1.5% right now.:curse:

admon Mar 24th 2009 11:33 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7413326)
I got all excited about the Dow Jones Index rising 5% last night so what does the FTSE do today? Its down 1.5% right now.:curse:

you will have manios del pinhead on your case..

..shouldv'e invested in a laundromat.. or a baseball game..

i take it you had a flutter on the ftse today?

innocuous Mar 24th 2009 12:40 pm

The paradigm has changed. One should not expect overnight returns

True but i do not see the next paradigm shift happening anytime soon, sorry for being pessimistic. overnight could be interpreted as tomorrow, the day after or 5 years from now.

Hello.Kitty Mar 24th 2009 12:59 pm

"in the next decade Dubai will become one of world's best planned cities. "

:rofl: What, are they going to demolish it and start again, this time with a masterplan that actually works? Or will it be more retrofitted infrastructure and stand-alone developments?

Roadking Mar 24th 2009 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7413610)
"in the next decade Dubai will become one of world's best planned cities. "

:rofl: What, are they going to demolish it and start again, this time with a masterplan that actually works? Or will it be more retrofitted infrastructure and stand-alone developments?

Nah, they will stick to the plan and have more stand alone infrastructure and retrofitted developments.

Hello.Kitty Mar 24th 2009 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7413625)
Nah, they will stick to the plan and have more stand alone infrastructure and retrofitted developments.

Exactly. "Best planned city" my ar$e.

I sometimes think they designed it using SimCity...

IndieG Mar 24th 2009 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7413648)
Exactly. "Best planned city" my ar$e.

......very candid assessment:lol: