British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Problems With Mobiles ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/problems-mobiles-634188/)

Sandboy Oct 6th 2009 7:47 am

Problems With Mobiles ?

all a bit expatwoman I know but anyone know what's up with mobiles today ?

as an aside do you provide your maid batteries for her rabbit or make her buy her own ?

Millhouse Oct 6th 2009 8:14 am

Re: Problems With Mobiles ?

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7992930)
all a bit expatwoman I know but anyone know what's up with mobiles today ?

as an aside do you provide your maid batteries for her rabbit or make her buy her own ?

I let her plug it into the mains but deduct the usage from her salary. Seems a fair compromise

hawkhead Oct 6th 2009 8:37 am

yes, but having bigger problems with internet than mobiles. Etishite gone tits up again??

Millsyisland Oct 6th 2009 8:42 am

Was having Blackberry problems yesterday and had trouble getting a mobile signal first thing this morning but seems OK now.

Somebody probably forgot to press the big red 'On' button at Etishite before breaking for coffee and strange pastries.

Sandboy Oct 6th 2009 9:02 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 7992964)
I let her plug it into the mains but deduct the usage from her salary. Seems a fair compromise

what a nice employer

NorthernLad Oct 6th 2009 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 7993016)
Was having Blackberry problems yesterday and had trouble getting a mobile signal first thing this morning but seems OK now.

Somebody probably forgot to press the big red 'On' button at Etishite before breaking for coffee and strange pastries.

There is something on Gulf News about BB problems. Our work network was crap yesterday, and my phone reception was on/off.

Just another day in paradise.

MacScot Oct 6th 2009 9:24 am

I used to have problems with mobiles...now I make my own :)

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/make-mobiles-1.jpg

Blue Cat Oct 6th 2009 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7993100)
I used to have problems with mobiles...now I make my own :)

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/make-mobiles-1.jpg

:rofl::rofl:

my phone is fine and I am with Etisalat :)

Tiger989 Oct 6th 2009 12:43 pm

Description:

Etisalat is currently experiencing problems with their network affecting all services that they provide to some of there customers.

Impact:

You might have intermittent connection problems with your mobile phone, ADSL connection, the data service on your Blackberry and landline.

Workaround:

None

TGFKASE Oct 7th 2009 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Tiger989 (Post 7993562)
Description:

Etisalat is currently experiencing problems with their network affecting all services that they provide to some of there customers.

Impact:

You might have intermittent connection problems with your mobile phone, ADSL connection, the data service on your Blackberry and landline.

Workaround:

Move to dU, dU, dU, dU, dU, dU, dU, dU, dU, dUUUUU

Ive corrected that for you....

Tiger989 Oct 7th 2009 6:31 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7996004)
Ive corrected that for you....

Du is even worst. I work in the desert mostly and offshore location. Du signal barely non existant. I would get Jawwal From Saudi before getting Du.

TGFKASE Oct 7th 2009 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Tiger989 (Post 7996069)
Du is even worst. I work in the desert mostly and offshore location. Du signal barely non existant. I would get Jawwal From Saudi before getting Du.

Have to admit, they are much of a muchness.. My employer just moved all our mobile numbers from Estishite to dOn't and we have now found our office in JAFZA does not get a dU signal....

Thats what happens when you get accountants involved...!!!

Blue Cat Oct 7th 2009 8:46 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7996106)
Have to admit, they are much of a muchness.. My employer just moved all our mobile numbers from Estishite to dOn't and we have now found our office in JAFZA does not get a dU signal....

Thats what happens when you get accountants involved...!!!

no such thing as accountants here, I just call them arse licking do gooders :huh:

Tiger989 Oct 7th 2009 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7996341)
no such thing as accountants here, I just call them arse licking do gooders :huh:

The yes yes type....
Jesus f'ing hate them. Bunch of clunges...

Blue Cat Oct 7th 2009 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Tiger989 (Post 7996870)
The yes yes type....
Jesus f'ing hate them. Bunch of clunges...

bloody jobs worths they are, really irritate me, got one in DH's company who is a smug little twat who thinks we are going to pay our own DEWA, he can think again and quit trying to get one up on us just to make himself look better, wanker.