Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Prince George: third in line to the throne, unless........

Prince George: third in line to the throne, unless........

Old Jul 28th 2013, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Prince George: third in line to the throne, unless........

I'm afraid your Mum's friend appears to be talking out of her arse.

George II was succeeded by his Grandson George III, who was the son of Frederick Prince of Wales. Frederick had a still living brother, the Duke of Cumberland.

Richard II was likewise grandson of Edward III, through the Black Prince. Ultimately this dynastic succession issue played itself out as the Wars of the Roses.

There's a difference between Agnatic primogeniture, which is what's used, and Agnatic seniority, which isn't, but was a more generally common principle in the past when the age of the heir mattered in terms of their ability to fulfil the role, and the chances of there being a minor on the throne was much higher. Certainly post the act of Union, which is probably the cut-off point that matters here, the British throne has gone via primogeniture.

The Scottish Clans use agnatic seniority (sometimes? - no sure if they all do) to select their new Chief, which may explain the Scot's letter. More likely he was shit stirring.

Last edited by Cypselos; Jul 28th 2013 at 5:50 am.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 6:04 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Are you sure? I found a letter in last Friday's Times that agrees with me, but that was written by a Scotsman........

I do remember reading somewhere that the whole line changes if an heir (as opposed to the monarch) dies, but couldn't quote chapter-and-verse now........ anyway, waiting for feedback from my 'contact'.
Yer flogging a dead horse, my list, and link was from the BRITISH MONARCHY website, and they know a lot better than your poor 'contact'. Matters not what your contact says, it's what the rules state that count.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Charming.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Flogging a dead horse? Nobody is forcing you to reply.............. I'll see what comes back.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:36 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by redShark
For a long time the British Royal family have posed two mysteries to me. The first mystery was actually solved last year, but the second one is still yet to be resolved. The one that was solved was to do with prince William; Why he always smiles whenever he sees a busty lady. Silvio Berlusconi solved that mystery for me when his magazines published photographs of princes Kate sun bathing.

Now the unresolved mystery, is to do with the Duke of Edinburgh. I just don’t know what to make of that chap. I mean think about it, a nice and vibrant looking guy (when he was younger off course) , with lots of wealth and fame, and with lots of pretty women dreaming to have him in bed. Yet there have never been rumours of affairs or infidelity registered against him. Is it really because his private life is a taboo in the British media as this might hurt the Queen! Or is he really as authentic as he appears to be (which defies all logic). I wish I knew!!!

Whats he said thats so bad to deserve a telling off ?

So Prince William likes big boobs and Prince Andrew is Happy ?, thought everyone knew that ?

Love the Royal Family
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:35 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

haha just dawned on me im getting everyone mixed up !!

I dont think the Duke has ever cheated on The Queen but Prince Andrew is still happy
Old Jul 29th 2013, 1:03 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poshy
haha just dawned on me im getting everyone mixed up !!

I dont think the Duke has ever cheated on The Queen but Prince Andrew is still happy
if he had been allowed to marry that model he was involved with at the time, he would be happy
Old Jul 29th 2013, 2:28 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

I agree... rather than that Bull Frog, really don't like her
Old Jul 29th 2013, 4:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Yer flogging a dead horse, my list, and link was from the BRITISH MONARCHY website, and they know a lot better than your poor 'contact'. Matters not what your contact says, it's what the rules state that count.
And with Britain's notorious "unwritten" constitution, the rules are what the monarch and "the establishment" say they are.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 4:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
.... Now the unresolved mystery, is to do with the Duke of Edinburgh. I just don’t know what to make of that chap. I mean think about it, a nice and vibrant looking guy (when he was younger off course) , with lots of wealth and fame, and with lots of pretty women dreaming to have him in bed. Yet there have never been rumours of affairs or infidelity registered against him. Is it really because his private life is a taboo in the British media as this might hurt the Queen! Or is he really as authentic as he appears to be (which defies all logic). I wish I knew!!!
The only mystery is why you don't think there have ever been any rumours?

http://ukscreen.com/blogs/the-prince...-the-showgirl/

A couple of minutes with Google revealed that the above is not the only rumour, and my mother told me many years ago of such rumours, and that Prince Edward was conveniently delivered (more than four years after Andrew, when the Queen already had "an heir and a spare") to quash rumours of a possible split between the Queen and Prince Philip.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 29th 2013 at 4:24 pm.