Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Price per cubic foot for container? Or whats cheapest way.....

Price per cubic foot for container? Or whats cheapest way.....

Old Apr 28th 2009, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

mysteryme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Price per cubic foot for container? Or whats cheapest way.....

OK we are nearly pretty certain that we will be leaving (jump/run/yikes) and I am waiting for some movers to come give us a quote. Seeing everyone is so fully booked at the moment (surprise surprise) it may take over a week before anyone an can come over for an estimate.

We have a small one bedroom apartment, but special furniture that I do not think we can replace back in old Blighty. So its a king size bed and wooden dining room table, chairs, sofa and the usual bits and pieces.

This will be less that a 20ft container for sure! Any idea of what the price is per cubic foot?

Or any tips of the cheapest way of getting this back to the UK?

Thank you very much
Old Apr 28th 2009, 2:58 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price per cubic foot for container? Or whats cheapest way.....

We came over with Doree Bonner and are shipping some stuff back with them now-ish. Very good service and an absolutely sterling chap on the British end who knows his stuff and is lovely to talk to. Can't remember offhand who their agents are in Dubai... google it. Something like Ahmed Saheb.

Anyhow, shipping back is apparently slightly different to shipping over in that you can't do partial containers... instead everything needs to be crated up, which is slightly more expensive.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

mysteryme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Price per cubic foot for container? Or whats cheapest way.....

thanks H.Kitty!

will have to wait and see what the movers say and will also get in touch with doree bonner tomorrow.