Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Pretenders at the IV - right or wrong?

The Pretenders at the IV - right or wrong?

Old Oct 31st 2017, 8:00 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Pretenders at the IV - right or wrong?

She isn't Justin Bieber or Beyonce. [/QUOTE]

I thought we were talking about people with talent :S
Old Oct 31st 2017, 8:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
She isn't Justin Bieber or Beyonce.
I thought we were talking about people with talent :S[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking of people who can draw a crowd.

Even they can't always be trusted to perform at a sensible hour and properly.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:21 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
DubaiExile you must sound very cool and intelligent if TheShed is confusing our posts....either that or my standards are slipping.
You mean you aren't really the same person? Shit, that's 20 quid I've just lost to DXBtoDOH...
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
You mean you aren't really the same person? Shit, that's 20 quid I've just lost to DXBtoDOH...
Wait, you're not DXBDOH?
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:35 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Wait, you're not DXBDOH?
Not like you to miss the in-joke. Do keep up...is it the hot young wifelet tiring you out too much?
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Not like you to miss the in-joke. Do keep up...is it the hot young wifelet tiring you out too much?
wifelet is exhausting, almost looking forward to not having sex three times a day
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

What in-joke?
Old Oct 31st 2017, 11:16 am
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by Scamp
What in-joke?
Exile got confused between me and "the other one" (copyright David Brent) on another thread.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 11:17 am
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by Millhouse
wifelet is exhausting, almost looking forward to not having sex three times a day
It's very liberating, happens sooner than you expect and you have many years of that to look forward to..
Old Oct 31st 2017, 11:21 am
Account Closed

Exile got confused between me and "the other one" (copyright David Brent) on another thread.
Other what?
(Yes, I'm involved in writing a paper to the board on diversity at the moment. My stance if you're interested, is firmly that we shouldn't care until someone is employed, then we should care, a lot).
Old Oct 31st 2017, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

No we are definitely not the same person, or am I just confused again....damn drugs are not working!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2017, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Where's my £20?
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
I agree to a degree Scampi, fame does mean that you give up a bit of your life to your fans. However, every concert that I have been to in recent years and especially in the UAE, you just end up looking at a sea of smart phone screens and raised arms in front of you for the entire performance. If you want to see your favorite artist on screen, use Youtube, but isn't the whole point of concerts to see the bands/artists LIVE??

I'd hazard a guess that less than 0.01% of those concert videos are ever looked at again unless something spectacular goes wrong.
Last concert I went to here in the US was the Chilli Peppers. Did take a few pics with a camera ; no smartphone because their inability to zoom and take pics in low light rules them out. have never taken video , just a few pics here and there. There was no sea of smartphone at the RCHP concert, proably about 15% of the people had them up, but not the same folks throughout the concert.

Does seem rather stupid to take video, unless it is 1 or 2 songs special to the person.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Last concert I went to here in the US was the Chilli Peppers. Did take a few pics with a camera ; no smartphone because their inability to zoom and take pics in low light rules them out. have never taken video , just a few pics here and there. There was no sea of smartphone at the RCHP concert, proably about 15% of the people had them up, but not the same folks throughout the concert.

Does seem rather stupid to take video, unless it is 1 or 2 songs special to the person.
RHCP.... one of the most disappointing live bands ever!

Green Day were on straight after them and the difference was phenomenal. They were epic!
Old Oct 31st 2017, 4:23 pm
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Where's my £20?
Added to your massage credits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.