Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

And the Premier League TV rights go to..........

And the Premier League TV rights go to..........

Old Jul 16th 2013, 11:35 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And the Premier League TV rights go to..........

Al Jazeera +3 is the English football channel.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 11:48 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Have faith bonny lad . Joe Kinnear's back from Benidorm today
As if my week couldn't get any worse...
Old Jul 16th 2013, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
As if my week couldn't get any worse...
Did you get your cock caught in a thimble again?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Andy Gray and Richard Keys don't speak much Arabic
Don't think Mr. Gray speaks much English either? So Abu Dhabi decoder in the bin then?!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Sav123 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have already as part of my subscription Al Jazeera +1 to +9, so will i get all the prem games or will i need to get something else?

I assume i may need to get something else for champ league games?
Old Jul 17th 2013, 4:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Sav123
i have already as part of my subscription Al Jazeera +1 to +9, so will i get all the prem games or will i need to get something else?

I assume i may need to get something else for champ league games?
Champions League is AJ as well isn't it?

I'd recommend getting the extra AJ channels, +10 and HD I think is the bolt on?
Old Jul 17th 2013, 4:53 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Champions League is AJ as well isn't it?

I'd recommend getting the extra AJ channels, +10 and HD I think is the bolt on?
I've had enough of the ridiculous charges from Du - and they keep changing the packages and channels. After Ramadan I'm back to basic package then either VPN or Bidi Bondis for any sport.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 5:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I've had enough of the ridiculous charges from Du - and they keep changing the packages and channels. After Ramadan I'm back to basic package then either VPN or Bidi Bondis for any sport.
I get like that sometimes.

630ish internet, TV and home phone. I've got the basic package + AD sports + AJ Sports + OSN Pinoy (to get the four sports channels).

It gives me shit loads of terrible sport to watch with the odd nugget like the Ashes and golf and footie but literally NO other good channels.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Al Jazeera +3 is the English football channel.
Hopefully there will be more than one English channel in future. Abu Dhabi Sports had 3-4 in English I recall, the rest in Arabic.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Abu Dhabi Sports, angered at losing the Premier League rights, are hitting back in an attempt to hang on to viewers who might be thinking of defecting to Al Jaz - AD Sports 1 HD is currently showing women's volleyball...........

........... from the 2008 Beijing Olympics.............

Last edited by The Dean; Jul 23rd 2013 at 3:54 pm. Reason: P
Old Jul 24th 2013, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

it wont be long till the mighty rangers are back in the SPL and then all the middle east channels will be involved in a mighty battle to secure the SPL rights!! aye, right.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Having grabbed the EPL rights I am surprised there hasn't been a lot of publicity hype from Al Jazeera? Haven't seen any myself.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Du still havnt got a clue what their package will be.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Du still havnt got a clue what their package will be.
Neither have Etisalat (e-life) Just bought a card for 590 Dhms from Al Jazeera to put in my AD receiver so hopefully up and running in a few days.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Went into Du in Mirdif City Centre on Sat. Took a ticket, waited 56 mins.....

Dropped AD sports and added AJ Sports. There are 2 AJ packages, one for 35 dingers that is 1-9 (I think) and one for 70 dingers which is 1-11 and a few HD channels.

Went for the second one. Can't wait for the season to start. Getting bored of betting on teams I have never heard of, although saying that I do seem to be doing pretty well out of it.