British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Premier League Season 2013/14 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/premier-league-season-2013-14-a-805724/)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 19th 2013 10:46 am

Re: Premier League Season 2013/14

Originally Posted by The_Citizen (Post 10857887)

Remy will continue to be overrated.

Edited for you, don't worry mate.

Kix Aug 19th 2013 10:48 am

Originally Posted by The_Citizen (Post 10857887)
I'm a bit worried about it from a city fan point of view but I worry about every game!

Remy will score.

Well that will take some divine intervention, he's injured for tonight's game.

But yes, I think overall he'll be a top 5 scorer this season (providing he stays fit and doesn't go to jail).

The_Citizen Aug 19th 2013 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10857899)
Well that will take some divine intervention, he's injured for tonight's game.

But yes, I think overall he'll be a top 5 scorer this season (providing he stays fit and doesn't go to jail).

That makes me feel better :)

Isn't he due in court soon?

Kix Aug 19th 2013 11:25 am

Originally Posted by The_Citizen (Post 10857950)
That makes me feel better :)

Isn't he due in court soon?

I've no idea, thought he'd not yet been charged (DPP still assessing evidence etc.)?

flares Aug 20th 2013 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10857768)
Only problem is if we lose 4:0 we'll be bottom.

Mystic Meg :thumbup:

Kix Aug 20th 2013 6:03 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10859117)
Mystic Meg :thumbup:

And we were worse than shite. Team looked lethargic and unfit, quite why he took Ben Arfa off - who was our only decent player - and put on Sammy I don't know. Was Cisse actually playing?

Gotta hand it to City though, they keep those performances up and they'll beat Chelsea to the title.

Don't get me started on Wengers decision to put a bid in for Cabaye the day he was heading to Easylands. If anything it helped their rivals by him not playing. Despicable behaviour I thought, releasing the bid to the press too? ****ing French....

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 20th 2013 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10859283)
Don't get me started on Wengers decision to put a bid in for Cabaye the day he was heading to Easylands. If anything it helped their rivals by him not playing. Despicable behaviour I thought, releasing the bid to the press too? ****ing French....

Hahaha, I loved that from Wenger. Why not? If it had happened the day before would it have been different?

flares Aug 20th 2013 6:21 am

If anything it helped their rivals by him not playing...

:rofl: I'd say Newcastle were closer to being rivals to Arsenal than Man City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSFEaI4HdA

jam25mack Aug 20th 2013 6:28 am

Gotta hand it to City though, they keep those performances up and they'll beat Chelsea to the title.

I would't rule out the reining champions just yet!

jam25mack Aug 20th 2013 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10859299)
Hahaha, I loved that from Wenger. Why not? If it had happened the day before would it have been different?

I think the chat is it should have been the day after.

Wenger is such a tool tho. He winges like **** about other managers and then does exactly the same himself. I'm still amazed that he is still in a job. No trophy chances, no prospects and only continued regression. Long may he remain allowing me to rip the deluded Gooners!

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 20th 2013 6:36 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10859332)
I think the chat is it should have been the day after.

Wenger is such a tool tho. He winges like **** about other managers and then does exactly the same himself. I'm still amazed that he is still in a job. No trophy chances, no prospects and only continued regression. Long may he remain allowing me to rip the deluded Gooners!

I don't think it makes any difference. If he bid today would they moan it's ruined their next game?

Pardew moaning about the quality / morality / ethics of another manager's actions is utterly laughable.

Kix Aug 20th 2013 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10859336)
I don't think it makes any difference. If he bid today would they moan it's ruined their next game?

Pardew moaning about the quality / morality / ethics of another manager's actions is utterly laughable.

Will you still be Toon hating when Pardew leaves after he allegedly shagged half your teams wags? Or is it more deep seated than that?

jam25mack Aug 20th 2013 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10859336)

It's prep time tho isn't it. If he had to take him out last minute it doesn't give him much of an option. If he did it today he would have several days to mix things up a bit.

As for eithics they're all the same. Just look at Mourinho going on about his ethical approaches etc after the Hull game. Mourinho hasn't an ethical bone in his body and has been tapping up Rooney for weeks but as he says 'we never do this' and 'we never do that, we are always ethical' stupid folk believe it.

Sometimes I can't wait for the transfer window to shut so we can just get on and start arguing about bad challenges, diving, teams trying to buy the league, handballs, penalties, off sides, goal line decisions, shit refs etc

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 20th 2013 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10859347)
Will you still be Toon hating when Pardew leaves after he allegedly shagged half your teams wags? Or is it more deep seated than that?

Pardew is scum, we can all agree on that.
Mike Ashley is a joke, still.

Newcastle, I don't hate them, I hate 90% of their fans because they are ****ing morons (like a lot of clubs, granted) but the big-club mentality that comes with so many of the Geordie lot is jaw-droppingly stupid.

Kix, you're in the 10%, comfortably.

I don't want to see Newcastle do well, because I think they are similar to us in terms of where they could finish. I don't whole-heartedly want them to go down because although it would be appropriate for Pardew and the 90%, I don't think it's fair on people like you.

That's my opinion on Newcastle.

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10859348)
As for eithics they're all the same. Just look at Mourinho going on about his ethical approaches etc after the Hull game. Mourinho hasn't an ethical bone in his body and has been tapping up Rooney for weeks but as he says 'we never do this' and 'we never do that, we are always ethical' stupid folk believe it.

Exactly, Pardew calling out Wenger is pointless, I guarantee that no manager is whiter than white in all of this. That's what makes me think it's an entirely pointless whinge.

The_Citizen Aug 20th 2013 6:56 am

I think what can be agreed is that £10 million is a ridiculous offer!