Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2012/2013

Premier League 2012/2013

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:02 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Premier League 2012/2013

Originally Posted by Welivehere
At least the like of Cazorla, Wiltshire, Jenkinson, Ramsay do offer some light at the end of the tunnel.
They're all brilliantly talented but massively inconsistent. Even Arteta, last season's rock (the only game Arse won without him in the second half of last season was that squeaker against the Baggies on the last day) seems to have caught the disease. He was poor yesterday and in the home loss to Swansea, just like Cazorla, and barely visible in the lucky win at Wigan. I can understand not being on top form every game but this utter schizophrenia from the entire team is making it even harder than usual to be a gooner this year - the hope, then the despair, then the hope again, then the humiliation....
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:03 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

I think Suarez will give us until the end of the 2014/15 season. Hopefully we'll be able to bring in Daniel Sturridge in Jan, and then Walcott in the summer on a free.

I'd like to see us off load Downing and Lucas in the summer and use the money to bring in someone proven, even if it costs us more to bring one midfielder in than we get from those two combined.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I think Suarez will give us until the end of the 2014/15 season. Hopefully we'll be able to bring in Daniel Sturridge in Jan, and then Walcott in the summer on a free.

I'd like to see us off load Downing and Lucas in the summer and use the money to bring in someone proven, even if it costs us more to bring one midfielder in than we get from those two combined.
I'll give you 1m for Lucas - he's alright and would do a job at Saints.
I'll give you 50pence for Downing, then I'd use him to throw stale buns at and occasionally use as target practice for Lambert. Useless, useless player.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:20 am

Why do you think Walcott would leave Arsenal for Liverpool? RvP to ManU, Song to Barca, Na$ri to Citeh all were regrettable but plausible. Not meaning to be rude, but please help me understand what might make him want to give up at least the real possibility of Champions League participation (and for all the mess at Arsenal, it looks more plausible now for next season than it did at this point last season) for what is looking like a very long-term project indeed..??
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Rio presents an open goal...

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Why do you think Walcott would leave Arsenal for Liverpool? RvP to ManU, Song to Barca, Na$ri to Citeh all were regrettable but plausible. Not meaning to be rude, but please help me understand what might make him want to give up at least the real possibility of Champions League participation (and for all the mess at Arsenal, it looks more plausible now for next season than it did at this point last season) for what is looking like a very long-term project indeed..??
coz they were dead good once and Brendan Rogers invented football

thought Saints were unlucky last night and Arsenal gash, they still haven't realised you get the same reward for putting the ball in the net with your arse than you do for 23 passes beforehand, Gibbs chance near the end summed it up, should have broken the net

happy to see Pardiola showing his true colours as well, after another 7.5 years of his leadership they should be in the 3rd division
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:31 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Purely because he was a Liverpool fan as a kid. But I said, I think it will depend on Sturidge joining us. Him and Suarez up front should help us push up the table and get into the Europa. We're only 9 or so points off now. If we can keep up the pressure, we should be okay.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Purely because he was a Liverpool fan as a kid. But I said, I think it will depend on Sturidge joining us. Him and Suarez up front should help us push up the table and get into the Europa. We're only 9 or so points off now. If we can keep up the pressure, we should be okay.
Walcott would be mad. Liverpool are not going to be climbing the table in any rapid fashion.

Only place Walcott should consider going is back home to Southampton. He might JUST get Puncheon out the starting line up
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Walcott would be mad. Liverpool are not going to be climbing the table in any rapid fashion.

Only place Walcott should consider going is back home to Southampton. He might JUST get Puncheon out the starting line up
not on last nights showing
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:09 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

I think Jan could be a big month for the Toon as well. Can they hold on to Michu... I dont see them going down but I do think they'll struggle second half if he moves on...
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Sandboy
not on last nights showing
+1 Puncheon showed spark a few times; did a few dumb things too though.. Theo? Pah, thought he was there for the show; mind you Song got a bit like that late last season too so maybe it's a sign??
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
I think Jan could be a big month for the Toon as well. Can they hold on to Michu... I dont see them going down but I do think they'll struggle second half if he moves on...
Ba not Michu you mean?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:59 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Ba not Michu you mean?
Yeah thanks, more haste less speed...
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Ba not Michu you mean?
He's gone. Now a Chelsea player if I heard sky news correctly.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
He's gone. Now a Chelsea player if I heard sky news correctly.
Be not Ba you mean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.