British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Premier League 2012/2013 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/premier-league-2012-2013-a-782161/)

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 2nd 2013 4:40 am

Premier League 2012/2013

Can't find a thread dedicated to the occasionally beautiful game.

Got a strange feeling at the moment about the Saints. Had anyone offered me 2 points from Stoke away and Arsenal at home I'd have probably taken it....yet can't help feeling we could and should have won both of them.

Still, out the bottom three.

Prediction looks like it's going to be a 2.5 horse race. United will keep winning because of Van Pizzle's goals. City will chase them all the way, just don't look as unbeatable this year. CHelsea, well their season depends entirely on the January transfer window I think.

Welivehere Jan 2nd 2013 5:06 am

Re: Premier League 2012/2013

Random thoughts:

Can't believe Chelski are going to let Lampard and Cole go on free's. Great couple of signings for almost any other team in the prem... Alex Ferguson already stirring the pot by saying he would take Lampard... :D

Also Chelsea can also get to with a point of MUFC if they win both their games in hand...

QPR look gone already

L'Pool - WTF and need to be careful not to lose Suarez (who despite being a complete twunt) is in great form at the moment. I think his expectations will mean he wants more that they can offer right now...

Villa - Noble idea of growing the team of youngsters, bit concerned for their survival right now....

Arsenal - Need to sell the shite, bow to Theo and get him a decent partner...

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 2nd 2013 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Welivehere (Post 10459071)
Random thoughts:

Can't believe Chelski are going to let Lampard and Cole go on free's. Great couple of signings for almost any other team in the prem... Alex Ferguson already stirring the pot by saying he would take Lampard... :D

Also Chelsea can also get to with a point of MUFC if they win both their games in hand...

QPR look gone already

L'Pool - WTF and need to be careful not to lose Suarez (who despite being a complete twunt) is in great form at the moment. I think his expectations will mean he wants more that they can offer right now...

Villa - Noble idea of growing the team of youngsters, bit concerned for their survival right now....

Agree with all of that.

Liverpool are a mess at the moment.
Arsenal are just so hit and miss, Sagna was awful yesterday but at least half of his issues were created by the other players giving him the ball in terrible positions - that and Luke Shaw is the greatest English left-back aside from A.Cole.

Drop; QPR, Wigan / Villa, Reading. Saints to finish top 6 and dominate Europe next year...

Meow Jan 2nd 2013 5:14 am

Too depressing a subject. We've (FFC) been playing like a Sunday league side far too often of late. :(

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 2nd 2013 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10459081)
Too depressing a subject. We've (FFC) been playing like a Sunday league side far too often of late. :(

Have faith. Fulham are a good side. Berba was an inspired signing. That young Swede who scored the winner looks mustard, hang onto Hangeland and you'll end up mid-table.

Meow Jan 2nd 2013 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10459088)
Have faith. Fulham are a good side. Berba was an inspired signing. That young Swede who scored the winner looks mustard, hang onto Hangeland and you'll end up mid-table.

Berba has been good, but fair chance of Hangeland leaving in the transfer window. We started pretty well, so we really should buck up.

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 2nd 2013 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10459092)
Berba has been good, but fair chance of Hangeland leaving in the transfer window. We started pretty well, so we really should buck up.

Only thing with a star striker like Berba is he spent proably 10 minutes shouting at team mates when they didn't pass quick enough or think / see options as quickly and well as he can.

Meow Jan 2nd 2013 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10459094)
Only thing with a star striker like Berba is he spent proably 10 minutes shouting at team mates when they didn't pass quick enough or think / see options as quickly and well as he can.

Hence the message on his undershirt recently...

http://i45.tinypic.com/2i8adq9.jpg

mentalist Jan 2nd 2013 6:02 am

Other teams have worked out how to defend against Man City (ie. by simply parking the bus) and without clever wingers like those at Manure to break down well organised defences, they will not be winning the league title this season. May have to be content with third, as Chelski are looking in onimous form. Will probably see the end of Mancini's reign in the summer.:(

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 2nd 2013 6:04 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10459131)
Other teams have worked out how to defend against Man City (ie. by simply parking the bus) and without clever wingers like those at Manure to break down well organised defences, they will not be winning the league title this season. May have to be content with third, as Chelski are looking in onimous form. Will probably see the end of Mancini's reign in the summer.:(

Imagine if you got Pep or Jose though...

The Dean Jan 2nd 2013 6:05 am

Random thoughts:

QPR look gone already

I think you mean MCFC............. mind you, as their games in hand are QPR and Southampton, they should do that (no date yet for the Soton match - it might be months away).

mentalist Jan 2nd 2013 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10459135)
Imagine if you got Pep or Jose though...

As his former management team is already at the Etihad, the arrival of Pepe in the summer looks quite likely.:thumbup:

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 2nd 2013 6:08 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10459136)
I think you mean MCFC............. mind you, as their games in hand are QPR and Southampton, they should do that (no date yet for the Soton match - it might be months away).

Steady...we'll nick a point against Chelsea.

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10459138)
As his former management team is already at the Etihad, the arrival of Pepe in the summer looks quite likely.:thumbup:

As a fan of football, I'd love to see both of them in the Prem.

Miss Anne Thrope Jan 2nd 2013 6:09 am

Arsenal - Need to sell the shite

That will leave, um, nobody (including Theo, Cazorla, Arteta, Sagna as already mentioned) based on yesterday's abject performance. Not a single reliable, consistent player in the entire squad. Can we play the Spuds in the Emirates every week please?

Welivehere Jan 2nd 2013 6:38 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10459136)
I think you mean MCFC

Yep - Thanks

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope (Post 10459140)
That will leave, um, nobody (including Theo, Cazorla, Arteta, Sagna as already mentioned) based on yesterday's abject performance. Not a single reliable, consistent player in the entire squad.

Bit harsh but I do see where you are coming from, it just seems to be the old issue of the whole not being equal to the sum of all of the parts. At least the like of Cazorla, Wiltshire, Jenkinson, Ramsay do offer some light at the end of the tunnel.

One of the biggest disappointments for me has been Podolski, I was expecting so much more from him but maybe thats the rose tinted glasses remembering the problems he used to cause Man U in the European Cup....