Predictions for Sunday

Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predictions for Sunday

It's my birthday today and I'd just like to thank Germany for the best birthday present since 1985's Transformer.

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
And i so don't get why Scottish people don't shout for England?? Whats that all about? They are your neighbour
Uuuuhhh, no offence intended but I've had to have this conversation about 126 times since the world cup started, and the best reason any english person has come up with why I should support them is that they're close. Norway's closer to some parts of Scotland than england, and as a people the Norwegians are a lot better, apart from that wee spell of raping and pillaging, but I'm not one to hold a grudge unless it suits me. Go figure.

I guess its time for you (the english) to focus on wimbledon - oh that's right you're shite at tennis as well. Cricket anyone.... Where do you find the wee fisherman smiley when you need him??

Love you all lots really of course. Peace out.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:45 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
You're all being a bit hard on England. 4-1 sounds like a thrashing but it was anything but.
Lampard was robbed but it was a thrashing.
It's just one of those occasions when you simply have to shower praise on the opposition. Every German goal was created - at lightning speed - out of defence (one goal kick, three counter attacks), which very few teams that I've seen at this tournament would have been able to defend against.
And what did England do to prevent the same thing happening again...oh! and again.Could read it like a book. A blind man could have seen the German pattern of play.
As I write, it looks as though Argentina will be their next opponents, which is a fascinating prospect but another German performance like tonight's and it is they who will be in the semis.
England made them look very good this evening

And Lionel Messi may have come into the tournament as the world's best player but he'll have to step it up to prevent that honour being handed to Mesut Oezil.....what a player. What a player. And still only 21.
[COLOR="Blue"]Hmmm, make a change from a firecracker sort of-isn't that what the Germans usually hand a Turk...Mueller(any reli of Gerd?) is great in my very ignorant opinion and Schweinstauber should win best name of the tournament
The least said about the England players the better,beginning to think Becks did his own leg rather than be seen on the same field as that bunch of imposters
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
[COLOR="Blue"]Hmmm, make a change from a firecracker sort of-isn't that what the Germans usually hand a Turk...Mueller(any reli of Gerd?) is great in my very ignorant opinion and Schweinstauber should win best name of the tournament
The least said about the England players the better,beginning to think Becks did his own leg rather than be seen on the same field as that bunch of imposters
It's Schweinsteiger (Schwein = pig; Steiger = climber, mountaineer, etc). So: "One who goes up a pig".
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx
the best reason any english person has come up with why I should support them is that they're close.
Agree...those without representation in WC i.e. the arabs and the Scots in the UAE may choose whoever they want to follow, be it Brazil or Germany or 'ABE'!
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:13 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

It's Schweinsteiger (Schwein = pig; Steiger = climber, mountaineer, etc). So: "One who goes up a pig".

Why does it not surprise me that you would know that...though I doubt Rod would have agreed.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Schweinsteiger was immense and doesn't get the recognition I think he deserves, 78 caps and only 25, this guy will only get better!

Get some cash on our German friends wining both the Euros in 2012 and the World Cup in 2016, this young team will grow in stature and will only get better!

One word to sum our performance up - 'SHITE'

It was embarrassing and I am ashamed to be English !

Come on Holland...................my clog dancing friends!
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shikra
The thing that pisses me off is why they couldn't at least perform like they do in English Premier League
not a fair comparison... in the Premier League they are playing in teams that are mostly made up of much more skillful foreign players who make the handful of English players in each team look much better by association...

England should do what some other countries do, and grant foreign players citizenship so they can play in the national side... e.g. quite a few of the German team are not German by birth.

still at least England's record in the WC is not as bad as Scotland's.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
Schweinsteiger was immense and doesn't get the recognition I think he deserves, 78 caps and only 25, this guy will only get better!
and his Mrs gets the beers in
Old Jun 28th 2010, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal

Get some cash on our German friends wining both the Euros in 2012 and the World Cup in 2016, this young team will grow in stature and will only get better!

One word to sum our performance up - 'SHITE'

It was embarrassing and I am ashamed to be English !

Come on Holland...................my clog dancing friends!
Agreed re Pigshagger............... and Oezil is still only 21..............

Don't be ashamed to be English though - no need ever to be that. It was simply a privilege to watch that German team.................

..... and what's all this 'if the goal had stood, it would have been 2-2 and the result might have been different' stuff I'm seeing on some of the footy blogs??? Dream on............ we'd have still lost 4-2.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed re Pigshagger............... and Oezil is still only 21..............

Don't be ashamed to be English though - no need ever to be that. It was simply a privilege to watch that German team.................

..... and what's all this 'if the goal had stood, it would have been 2-2 and the result might have been different' stuff I'm seeing on some of the footy blogs??? Dream on............ we'd have still lost 4-2.
I was very disappointed with the result. It should have been 6-2 at least. We deserved to get smashed more than we did and it would have been all the more entertaining. Towards the end we were cheering for zee Germans - the English team deserved all the punishment (and more) inflicted upon them.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 5:09 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that England will win.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 5:50 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx
It's my birthday today and I'd just like to thank Germany for the best birthday present since 1985's Transformer.

Uuuuhhh, no offence intended but I've had to have this conversation about 126 times since the world cup started, and the best reason any english person has come up with why I should support them is that they're close. Norway's closer to some parts of Scotland than england, and as a people the Norwegians are a lot better, apart from that wee spell of raping and pillaging, but I'm not one to hold a grudge unless it suits me. Go figure.

I guess its time for you (the english) to focus on wimbledon - oh that's right you're shite at tennis as well. Cricket anyone.... Where do you find the wee fisherman smiley when you need him??

Love you all lots really of course. Peace out.
Here ye go...
Old Jun 28th 2010, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Today's game? Argentina 3-1.

Ah you mean England? 1-0 for England and then they are send out by Argentina 2-0.
I got half my prediction right (the important half).

Messi will finally score in the next game and will send Germans home. I predict another 3-1 for Argentina.

The second England goal yesterday was one of the best of the World Cup so far...
Old Jun 28th 2010, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
I got half my prediction right (the important half).

Messi will finally score in the next game and will send Germans home. I predict another 3-1 for Argentina.

The second England goal yesterday was one of the best of the World Cup so far...
do you mean the one that was not allowed, or the one where the germans took control from a freekick aimed at their own goal, ran down the field, opened up us and drove it home?
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:05 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoukla
So Bahtatboy not sure how you will be compensated for your prediction.I hope you are quids in.
Yeah, the sausage-muncher I was with was actually my boss, and the bet was a bottle of scotch for him if we won, or a bottle of Bombay Sapphire for me if they won. Right, where's the tonic...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.