Predictions for Sunday

Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:12 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predictions for Sunday

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
4-2! And they think its all over...

'Cept I'll be on the bleeding causeway. With a German.
I'd dreading it and can't wait at teh same time.

Watched the last game at JBH with all the Engerland fans and to be fair ti was a good laugh, I have a big important meeting on Monday morning so will have to watch it in the house and behave myself, the 12 beers and 4 sambucas the other day almost killed me when I had to get up for some freelance inhouse work.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

If it does go to penalties, I shall walk out beforehand and not watch.

It's not because I think England would lose if that happened; it's just my own little protest at settling such an important match (in a once-every-four-years tournament) in such a ridiculous fashion.

My suggestion? Lengthen the tournament so that, from the 2nd round onwards, there is at least time for one replay. If that is all-square, then fair enough......... penalties. (I still wouldn't watch though - it's not like proper football)
Old Jun 26th 2010, 5:00 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
There was a great quote the other day somewhere, can't remember where, and a young lady was asked who she wanted to win the World Cup. She said "England of course, but if not them then Chelsea". Sweet
One of Beckham's offspring?
Old Jun 26th 2010, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
LOL - you clearly don't, that score is impossible

It's knock-out stages now so there has to be a winner, a draw isn't allowed and it would have to go to extra time and then to penalties. Let's assume you mean it will be 1-1 at end of normal time
See - I know nothing about it but now you have told me I think it will still be 1-1 at the end of the game and England will win on penalties
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:18 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

I fear the worst for England, they played terrible in first two games and moderately better in the last, their forwards have no idea in front of goal, and the defence is suspect. But and a big but if they really do play as well as they can they will give the Germans a good go, the german team did look good in their first game though. Argentina after germany if we get through, now they are looking good!
Old Jun 26th 2010, 9:19 am
Shikra

shikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond repute

If Lampard and Gerrard succeed in making a good combination of passing and shooting, I am hopeful for England
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:28 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shikra
If Lampard and Gerrard succeed in making a good combination of passing and shooting, I am hopeful for England
Lampard & Gerrard just shouldn't play together. They seem to cancel each other out every time.

The German's have an OK team with Lahm & Klosse being their best players. Frankly, we aren't looking that good so it should be a fair competition, but we'll lose it due to poor mental preparation, our trademark.

I hate penalty shoot outs and propose that they should all just keep playing, no matter for how long, until there is a deciding goal, or a player dies of exhaustion, whichever comes sooner.

-
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:33 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

I hate penalty shoot outs and propose that they should all just keep playing, no matter for how long, until there is a deciding goal, or a player dies of exhaustion, whichever comes sooner.

-
They shoot horses, don't they?
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Fugative is an unknown quantity at this point

England 2 - 1 win, Rooney to score eventually!
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Lampard & Gerrard just shouldn't play together. They seem to cancel each other out every time.

The German's have an OK team with Lahm & Klosse being their best players. Frankly, we aren't looking that good so it should be a fair competition, but we'll lose it due to poor mental preparation, our trademark.

-
I think they should carry on after a player dies of exhaustion - it's not exactly a goal is it?

Who says England's defence is suspect? That's usually been one of their strengths (the only goal they have conceded was from a goalkeeping error). True, I can't see Carragher or Upson keeping Messi in check (if it comes to that), but even if England win, don't automatically assume that it will be Argentina next - Mexico are very good, and that 45 minutes against France was spectacular.

And no more - please - about Lampard and Gerrard being unable to play together. If they had a little more grey matter, they'd work out that one should push foward while the other drops deeper........ oh, but that's not their 'natural game' is it? Get a grip, boys, or if you can't, then go and ask that nice Mr Capello what you should be doing.

And finally - has everyone else noticed that one of those four great football superpowers (Uruguay, South Korea, USA and Ghana) is now guaranteed to reach the semi-finals? And three out of Argentina, Mexico, England and Germany will definitely not do so?
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Now I would like to see a penalty shoot out equivalent to the tennis match the other day that ended on 70something points, now that would be entertainment!
Old Jun 26th 2010, 6:52 pm
Shikra

shikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond repute

Rather than predicting, have you guys planned to watch this special match in a special way? I am planning to go out to the 'sheesha spot' with my friends and will watch this great match, live and exclusive
Old Jun 27th 2010, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Today's game? Argentina 3-1.

Ah you mean England? 1-0 for England and then they are send out by Argentina 2-0.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 6:56 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Today's game? Argentina 3-1.

Ah you mean England? 1-0 for England and then they are send out by Argentina 2-0.
you may be correct. I think (against my wishes) England will beat the Germans today.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:46 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I think they should carry on after a player dies of exhaustion - it's not exactly a goal is it?

Who says England's defence is suspect? That's usually been one of their strengths (the only goal they have conceded was from a goalkeeping error). True, I can't see Carragher or Upson keeping Messi in check (if it comes to that), but even if England win, don't automatically assume that it will be Argentina next - Mexico are very good, and that 45 minutes against France was spectacular.

And no more - please - about Lampard and Gerrard being unable to play together. If they had a little more grey matter, they'd work out that one should push foward while the other drops deeper........ oh, but that's not their 'natural game' is it? Get a grip, boys, or if you can't, then go and ask that nice Mr Capello what you should be doing.

And finally - has everyone else noticed that one of those four great football superpowers (Uruguay, South Korea, USA and Ghana) is now guaranteed to reach the semi-finals? And three out of Argentina, Mexico, England and Germany will definitely not do so?
That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. If the big teams can't be arsed during the group stages they don't deserve the "easy" routes that the draw gives them. It's good to see some different teams getting into the latter stages rather than Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Italy every bloody time.

I'm cacking my pants about the match, though. I have a feeling we might do them 2-0, but if it goes to pens I won't be able to watch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.