Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Predictions for Nov-December 2017

Predictions for Nov-December 2017

Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predictions for Nov-December 2017

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Stock 435d will come very close to M4 performance, but at half the cost and twice the fuel efficiency. Can be engine mapped to beat a stock M4 if that's important to you.
Cunning plan JB... If only she could buy the fuel for it in the UAE.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:41 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
With 4WD thrown in as well. And doesn't look brash. EcoPro mode thru' Sport+ mode.
Plus the insane torque figure makes the 435d a fantastic drive around town, and virtually unbeatable off the lights.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:46 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Cunning plan JB... If only she could buy the fuel for it in the UAE.
Fair coment, but you could queue up with the Hilux pick-ups, trucks and the like? Diesel is readily available in Qatar, and I'd guess the same in the UAE. Mind you, ordering a diesel BMW in UAE would raise a few eyebrows, more so that an electric one
Old Nov 6th 2017, 3:59 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Plus the insane torque figure makes the 435d a fantastic drive around town, and virtually unbeatable off the lights.
The only downside so far is that the seat won't go far back enough / the steering wheel far forward enough to have my arms as straight as I like them. And I'm not gangly. Although 'er indoors struggles with the 3/4 vision.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 3:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

With 4WD thrown in as well. And doesn't look brash. EcoPro mode thru' Sport+ mode.
Sport+ is terrifying. Had a 330d M Sport hire car in the UK and scared the farts out myself.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Stock 435d will come very close to M4 performance, but at half the cost and twice the fuel efficiency. Can be engine mapped to beat a stock M4 if that's important to you.
i'm probably out of touch with diesel cars, but don't they tend to make a horrible loud noise?
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
i'm probably out of touch with diesel cars, but don't they tend to make a horrible loud noise?
Not any more. A menacing rumble at start (not a clatter, it sounds really purposeful) developing into a roar as you wind it up. Put it in Eco-Pro mode and it just purrs.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:48 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Scamp
Sport+ is terrifying. Had a 330d M Sport hire car in the UK and scared the farts out myself.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 9:40 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is, it's the option that's the easiest to be scared of.

More planning and thinking required.
I'm sure you must have contacts within the industry that are running one man shops maybe concentrating on one particular sector like office workers or IT, that you could suggest a cost sharing arrangement for you to operate construction recruitment.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Not any more. A menacing rumble at start (not a clatter, it sounds really purposeful) developing into a roar as you wind it up. Put it in Eco-Pro mode and it just purrs.
they haven't cracked the lumpy power delivery fully though
Old Nov 7th 2017, 9:47 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

they haven't cracked the lumpy power delivery fully though
No diesel has cracked that in my experience, it seems to be a function of too much torque low in the revs. You'd need to get curve more like a petrol to get rid of that feeling, which sort of defeats the characteristics of a diesel engine.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
No diesel has cracked that in my experience, it seems to be a function of too much torque low in the revs. You'd need to get curve more like a petrol to get rid of that feeling, which sort of defeats the characteristics of a diesel engine.
That's always my feeling. A massive shunt of power and wheel spinning as you leave a junction into traffic, followed by... nothing. Quick gear change and then whiplash as you join the flow of traffic in a fit of panic.

I drove a 7 speed auto that was better as it smoothed the lumps a bit but not quite the same.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I'm sure you must have contacts within the industry that are running one man shops maybe concentrating on one particular sector like office workers or IT, that you could suggest a cost sharing arrangement for you to operate construction recruitment.
Very true, several recently established firms I could try and join. Another option to consider.
Then after all this thinking, I got a call about a potentially dream job last night. I'm probably not quite good enough for it but I can definitely go punchy and blag a bit...would like a chance to interview.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:47 am
Knee deep and rising

That's always my feeling. A massive shunt of power and wheel spinning as you leave a junction into traffic, followed by... nothing. Quick gear change and then whiplash as you join the flow of traffic in a fit of panic.

I drove a 7 speed auto that was better as it smoothed the lumps a bit but not quite the same.
Even the manuals tend to be 6 speed also to try even things out.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm probably not quite good enough:
Fake it 'till you make it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.