Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Predictions - Champions League Final.

Predictions - Champions League Final.

Old May 28th 2011, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Predictions - Champions League Final.

Been reading the build up for the last few days. No question, Barca are the big favourites to win. All the British pundits are spending time and effort explaining what Man U have to do to win it, and it's a big task. Sounds like all Barca have to do is turn up and play their normal game - which they have been doing all season - and the Cup is theirs. I'd love to see Man U win it, but can't see it.

Ok - lay your cards on the table - what will be the score? Here's mine: ( at the end of 90 mins )

Barca 3
Man U 1
Old May 28th 2011, 6:56 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Predictions - Champions League Final.

United to dominate a poor Barcelona performance on the night.

United 2
Barcelona 0

Old May 28th 2011, 7:17 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

An anticlimatic Barca 1-0 Man Utd...
Old May 28th 2011, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Barca 4....Man U 2

I don't support trafford united or Platt Lane Chavs but I'd like to see Man U win it, mainly because i think Sir Alex Ferguson deserves a grand farewell, but can’t see it.

Last edited by sherri; May 28th 2011 at 9:02 am.
Old May 28th 2011, 8:09 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

It has already been hailed as match of the year which makes me laugh...

I think it will be tight, dirty, loads of diving (from both teams), and then Barca will win it.

Frankly I couldn't give a toss about Ferguson getting a grand farewell. His team are nowhere near the level of Barcelona this year, but they have a chance due to the stage and nerves that come with it.
Old May 28th 2011, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

I'm hoping yoonited get a right good spanking. A cricket score would be nice. Shut up the plastic mancs for a bit. As for old purple nose - not a scrap of respect 'sir' in his title and he behaves like a 5 yr old.
Old May 28th 2011, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Jaza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope that it is a classic and Man Utd to win 3-2.
Old May 28th 2011, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jaza
Hope that it is a classic and Man Utd to win 3-2.
It's funny how the Rags come crawling out from under their stones when there is a sniff of glory. Where were you on FA Cup semi final day?
Old May 28th 2011, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lionheart
It's funny how the Rags come crawling out from under their stones when there is a sniff of glory. Where were you on FA Cup semi final day?
Glory hunters the lot of 'em
Old May 28th 2011, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I hope United win it as they're an English side but i just can't see past Barcelona to be honest , they've got too much in their locker.

2-0 Barca for me
Old May 28th 2011, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I hope United win it as they're an English side but i just can't see past Barcelona to be honest , they've got too much in their locker.

2-0 Barca for me
90 minutes? It could be level.

If it goes to penalties, I intend to maintain my 100% record (of never having watched the lottery of a penalty shoot-out) and walk out.
Old May 28th 2011, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
For your information, Jaza is from North of the Border and Rangers fan.
Old May 28th 2011, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
For your information, Jaza is from North of the Border and Rangers fan.
How can a Rangers fan possibly support Manure? Does he/she know nothing about Old Firm traditions? Something is obviously wrong in the Jaza household.
Old May 28th 2011, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Jaza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I only want Man U to beat Barca.
BTW, Fergie was born and raised in Govan which is a stone's throw from Ibrox and is an ex-Rangers player.
The side of old firm tradition that you appear to refer to certainly should not extend to Manchester and is not universally carried around by all Rangers and Celtic supporters.
Old May 28th 2011, 2:47 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

2-1 to Barca, possibly with their 2nd being scored in extra time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.