Predictions for 2018

Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Predictions for 2018

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Guys with large families here will be a rare breed soon . The numbers do not stack up and haven't sone for a long time.

When recruiting i always look for a single status type hire. No margin in bog standard projects here to be paying out school fees for fellas with 3 kids.
Depending which perspective you look at it from it's great or harsh.

We pay cash for everything + medical. Sort yourself out. Got 5 kids? Good luck, the job pays X,000. If that works, then great.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Depending which perspective you look at it from it's great or harsh.

We pay cash for everything + medical. Sort yourself out. Got 5 kids? Good luck, the job pays X,000. If that works, then great.
I once met this Canadian. Had four kids. Full school fees paid to every last fils at the American School of Dubai, and that was 80k a pop at the time. I just checked his LinkedIn profile and he's still in Dubai. His job isn't that senior either.

Pretty sweet.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 11:13 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Even during bad recessions some industries and individual businesses do well.

Just don't get comfortable and be ready to walk at short notice - but that is standard practise for any sensible expatriate, especially in the GCC. Save like mad, don't get wrapped up in the lifestyle and have a little fun if you can.

N.

Yes, I am single status this time. I aim to do everything as flexibly as possible and not get into any debt at all. That's why I'm looking at a serviced apartment and a rental car. I will probably have to open a local bank account but won't be taking any credit cards. They dished them out like confetti last time I was there.

I also aim to do something like a distance learning course and/or Arabic lessons to alleviate boredom and avoid becoming a typical bar-dwelling, middle-aged expat. The road to hell and all that...
Old Jan 6th 2018, 7:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

Yes, I am single status this time. I aim to do everything as flexibly as possible and not get into any debt at all. That's why I'm looking at a serviced apartment and a rental car. I will probably have to open a local bank account but won't be taking any credit cards. They dished them out like confetti last time I was there.

I also aim to do something like a distance learning course and/or Arabic lessons to alleviate boredom and avoid becoming a typical bar-dwelling, middle-aged expat. The road to hell and all that...
These'll keep you going:

https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-...learning-mode/

https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-...sc-dl-dtdsqu6/
Old Jan 6th 2018, 7:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and you could always have a go at photography. I can give you some tips if you'd like.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 10:13 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Oh, and you could always have a go at photography. I can give you some tips if you'd like.
OK, if you lend me your X-T2...
Old Jan 6th 2018, 12:02 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
OK, if you lend me your X-T2...
Sure, just pop round, it's on my desk:

Predictions for 2018-img_0073.jpg