British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Prado Vs Patrol (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/prado-vs-patrol-527954/)

fruitbat1970 Apr 9th 2008 7:10 am

Prado Vs Patrol

Here is a question for all you petrol heads out there.....

Which would you recommed, second hand at about 4 to 5 years old should i go for a Prado or a Patrol ?

Perhaps i should add that i will be taking it off road as well as driving it up and down the SZR

Border Reiver Apr 9th 2008 7:57 am

Re: Prado Vs Patrol

Either really, both do pretty much the same job. At 4 or 5 years old I'd mainly be buying on condition as it is likely the vehicle in question will have been off road at some point. If you find a good one at a sensible price buy it whatever the badge says.

admon Apr 9th 2008 3:29 pm

Prado.
50000 expat Dubai mothers cant be wrong..

Blue Cat Apr 9th 2008 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 6183248)
Prado.
50000 expat Dubai mothers cant be wrong..

hilarious!! personally I would go for a Pajero, I love mine :wub:

ScotsExpat Apr 9th 2008 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by fruitbat1970 (Post 6181337)

Which would you recommed, second hand at about 4 to 5 years old should i go for a Prado or a Patrol ?

Perhaps i should add that i will be taking it off road as well as driving it up and down the SZR

Based on the fact that the number of offroad Patrol drivers far exceeds the number of offroad Prado owners, I'd be looking at Prado...

Less chance of having been raxed, mate..........

Confucius Apr 9th 2008 5:42 pm

Whatevr you do, go for a Prado...The men in white have forever tarnished the image of Patrols and Land Cruisers...I hate it when a clown in one of the former cars sticks himself to my rear bumper...

MacScot Apr 10th 2008 7:43 am

Definitely a Prado for reliability !

Inselaffen Apr 12th 2008 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6183827)
Whatevr you do, go for a Prado...The men in white have forever tarnished the image of Patrols and Land Cruisers...I hate it when a clown in one of the former cars sticks himself to my rear bumper...

just use your windscreen washer. they see to hate getting their's wet and back-off