Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

And the pound collapses........

And the pound collapses........

Old May 9th 2010, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And the pound collapses........

Massive drop on Friday morning (due to the inconclusive election result), with GBP/AED touching 5.3160, GBP/SAR 5.4280, GBP/QAR 5.2690 and GBP/BHD 0.5465, but profit taking helped GBP to climb back to late-Thursday levels.

Still room for more downside in the next few days, I would think, especially if the markets feel that some Con-DimLibs pact is a wishy-washy compromise, with no clear policy or direction likely to emerge. GBP may also suffer if the markets start to feel more confident about the EUR, post-Greece rescue deal.
Old May 9th 2010, 6:19 am
Banned

Malibu Ken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Dean
Massive drop on Friday morning (due to the inconclusive election result), with GBP/AED touching 5.3160, GBP/SAR 5.4280, GBP/QAR 5.2690 and GBP/BHD 0.5465, but profit taking helped GBP to climb back to late-Thursday levels.

Still room for more downside in the next few days, I would think, especially if the markets feel that some Con-DimLibs pact is a wishy-washy compromise, with no clear policy or direction likely to emerge. GBP may also suffer if the markets start to feel more confident about the EUR, post-Greece rescue deal.
I've been buying Gold since 1987...Not certificates. Real Gold. I got it buried where only me, my wife, and my first son knows where.. I got some hidden where only I know where it is.
Old May 9th 2010, 6:22 am
Banned

She'll be over the North Atlantic shortly, boy I hope the Volcano is calm tonight
Old May 9th 2010, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malibu Ken
She'll be over the North Atlantic shortly, boy I hope the Volcano is calm tonight
Anything to say about the pound?
Old May 9th 2010, 6:31 am
Banned

Anything to say about the pound?
Ah..I hope it bottoms out while my daughters there in the UK- She's a chronic shopper
Old May 9th 2010, 6:43 am
Banned

Crossing over into the Atlantic now. Oh boy, she's scared of flying. I hope she took her Zanex
Old May 9th 2010, 6:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been buying Gold since 1987...Not certificates. Real Gold. I got it buried where only me, my wife, and my first son knows where.. I got some hidden where only I know where it is.
If you tell me where your gold is hidden, I'll let you join my Nigerian based profit-making investment fund.
Old May 9th 2010, 6:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lionheart
If you tell me where your gold is hidden, I'll let you join my Nigerian based profit-making investment fund.

Sorry-I have a lot on my plate right now with my TV Hat™®, Mexican Laundry Mats, and my Shake Weights™®.
Old May 9th 2010, 7:10 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry-I have a lot on my plate right now with my TV Hat™®, Mexican Laundry Mats, and my Shake Weights™®.
HAHAHAHA! You're the MAN!
Old May 9th 2010, 7:29 am
Banned

Thanks LJ...

My little baby is approaching Greenland now. Bless her little heart. I hope she's ok in her private first class pod
Old May 9th 2010, 7:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

What else would you expect with that mess of an outcome? It's not a collapse though. Of late, you have been posting like a tabloid journalist...
-

Last edited by Meow; May 9th 2010 at 8:27 am.
Old May 9th 2010, 8:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Meow
What else would you expect with that mess of an outcome? It's not a collapse though. Of late, ou have been posting like a tabloid journalist...
-
Meow-He knows nothing about Finance
Old May 9th 2010, 8:24 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Meow-He knows nothing about Finance
Prepare to be clawed...
Old May 9th 2010, 8:31 am
Banned

Only Meow truly understands whats happening when it comes to finance..It's just all so confusing to the rest of us
Old May 9th 2010, 8:33 am
Banned

My credit score is 847..The only blemish on it is a Vet bill I refused to pay in 2002

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.