Pound on 11 December

Old Dec 12th 2018, 1:57 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pound on 11 December

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Your first point is irrelevant. Immigration was the biggest motivation for the referendum and why people voted to leave. Everything else was secondary by a substantial margin and even the notion of sovereignty was heavily tied with the ability to control immigration. Norway does nothing for this. Absolutely nothing. Because under Norway you have full FOM. So why is Norway a compromise? And to worsen it, you lose what influence or vote you have over all the regulations you have to accept. So there goes any sovereignty. That's two big red lines flushed down the toilet and we're left in a worse position than we're currently in.

You keep talking about a compromise but how is Norway a compromise to the Brexiteers when it's mainly to allow the Remainers to pretend they haven't left the EU while the Brexiteers get nothing meaningful. That you speak of Norway as a compromise speaks volumes about your biases.

I don't give a flying **** if the most pro Leave areas were the ones with the lower rates of immigration. It's one country. They have every right to be just as concerned as anyone in London. Besides, remember that 40% of London voted to leave. That's pretty damn impressive for a city like London.
You're being very dismissive and arrogant as usual, which I knew you would, and which is why I deleted my post. You dismiss my points or just ignore them, so I'll leave you to your weird, blinkered fantasies.
Old Dec 12th 2018, 2:05 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, look at this. People who knew they could get a better deal than May did. Pray, tell me, how is Norway deal better? Or how can we get a better deal that isn't May's deal? What we have is, according to the EU, the very best possible deal.

You speak of May's red lines. But those red lines did reflect the referendum. She knew the real reason the country voted to leave, the real trigger behind the referendum, was immigration. If there had been no FOM, there would have been no Brexit. Don't end FOM, you have an utterly pointless Brexit. How would a cross party commission done anything differently? Remember, nearly half didn't want to leave and would only agree to a BINO that made Brexit pointless. And the other half wants to leave and won't agree to a BINO that makes Brexit pointless. Actually, when you get down to it, the best a cross party commission could have come up with would be...ta de dah....May's deal.

And May did come up with a deal that ended FOM while maintaining pretty close economic ties with the EU. And look how berserk everyone, both remain and leave, went.

Same shitshow. Your fictional cross party commission would have come up with the exact same shitshow.

It was always going to be either remain or leave, both in the fullest sense of the word. Nothing in between.
which kind of shows how ignorant people are, as immigration from TROTW far outweighs that from the EU.

Get Brexit and that's not going to change, and will most likely increase.
Old Dec 12th 2018, 2:10 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
which kind of shows how ignorant people are, as immigration from TROTW far outweighs that from the EU.

Get Brexit and that's not going to change, and will most likely increase.
Old Dec 12th 2018, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Some odds:

UK to apply to rejoin by 2027 - 5/6
No Brexit Deal to be agreed before 1st April 2019 - 0/1 (wow)
Sterling to reach 1=1 with Euro in 2018 - 9/1
UK to revoke Article 50 before 30/3/19 - 5/1

Theresa May exit date:
2018 6/4
2019 4/5
2020 or later 4/1

House of Commons Vote to Pass
No - 1/33 Yes 10/1

Next Prime Minister:
Corbyn 7/2
BOJO 5/1
Dominic Raab 6/1
Sajid Javid 6/1
Mickey Gove 8/1
Jezza Hunt 10s
Rees-Mogg 10s
Diane Abbot?
Old Dec 12th 2018, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by reddiva
. A colleague sent 75,000GBP back to the UK for his mortgage and it wasnt flagged
Ok thanks. Just heard that large amounts take longer , delayed or cancelled and so not sure. Am useless at financial stuff tbh
Old Dec 12th 2018, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathematist
Ok thanks. Just heard that large amounts take longer , delayed or cancelled and so not sure. Am useless at financial stuff tbh
It can happen. The big ones are often reviewed by the central bank and they question the usage code on the transaction.
Old Dec 12th 2018, 4:37 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

What belongs to us?

The allegory doesn't quite work, methinks. The EU isn't a party insomuch as a cartel. That's the blunt description of it, a more polite one is club. You're right that the club has rights to dictate its terms for access and membership. The mistake people in the UK made, both the Brexiteers and May and her negotiating team, was thinking in the typical British approach that things have changed, perhaps regrettably so, but let's build on that. The EU, however, does not see things as changing and seeking to build on that, for they are ideologues, it's their way or the door. No compromise. No flexibility. Their entire negotiation approach is to make sure Britain suffers outside the EU, they don't see it as a future between partners, but, using their terminology, between the EU and a third party. It's a breathtakingly arrogant attitude when you think about it. Not even the US dares to take that attitude with their big trade partners.

Compromise and flexibility have been part of the British political mindset for generations. If Scotland had voted for independence, do you think we'd have treated Scotland the same way the EU has approached the negotiations? Hardly not. We'd be sorry but we'd have understood things have changed and wouldn't be seeking to punish Scotland and trying to force Scotland into a model that would always be inferior to being part of the UK. It'd be a fair divorce, and good luck and hope we remain good partners.
Gotta disagree... WM had already started the land/sea grabs before we got as far as the referendum. Just take a look at the maritime border changes that occurred over the last 20 years. And yes, for the last 20+ years, there has been a fear in WM about the rise of Scottish nationalism. Just look at the release date of Braveheart!!!

A 2nd Scottish referendum is the last thing WM wants, coz they know the rabid Brexiteers in rUK would scream '' Let them go!!!"..

And, if it's just rUK, alone in the world, it will quickly become a shitstorm..
Old Dec 13th 2018, 3:42 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Their entire negotiation approach is to make sure Britain suffers outside the EU, they don't see it as a future between partners, but, using their terminology, between the EU and a third party. It's a breathtakingly arrogant attitude when you think about it. Not even the US dares to take that attitude with their big trade partners.
This is a strange statement to make, firstly Britain wants to be a third party so why would the EU treat them as anything else, that is the basis of the negotiating position. Secondly the US biggest trading partner is China, who are currently in the lull of applying tariffs on each other.

So what does a successful exit look like for Britain? All the benefits of being in the EU without being in it?
Old Dec 13th 2018, 4:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Pongo
Diane Abbot?
Couldn't find odds for PM, but on being next Labour leader you can get 100/1.
Eddie Izzard you can get 66/1.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 5:33 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Couldn't find odds for PM, but on being next Labour leader you can get 100/1.
Eddie Izzard you can get 66/1.
Dyslexic Diane, probably reads those odds as her being favourite.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
That's optimistic (or pessimistic). Over what time frame?
I trade intraday for pullbacks for the long term TF and usually 4hr/8hr or daily TF
Old Dec 13th 2018, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Millhouse
It can happen. The big ones are often reviewed by the central bank and they question the usage code on the transaction.
So what happens when I eventually leave this place and need to transfer all my money back in one lump sum? Does that not happen? FYI, my money is fully legit and from month to salary only but over 5 years.Thanks.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

So what happens when I eventually leave this place and need to transfer all my money back in one lump sum? Does that not happen? FYI, my money is fully legit and from month to salary only but over 5 years.Thanks.
Do it in chunks before you leave?
Old Dec 14th 2018, 1:53 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

There won't be an issue, just do the transfer. Unless it's tremendously suspicious (for other reasons) it will just pass through normally.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've transferred £50k at times and never had any issue.