potential ex-pat

Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:45 am
Just Joined

stephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nice
Smile potential ex-pat

Hey guys, i'm a potential Dubai ex-pat... and just researching.

How i would know what kind of salary would be enough for me to live on comfortably... I've been warned not to convert to pounds as cost of living is different in Dubai.

The job is in the magazine industry, picture researcher... anyone have an idea what to expect?

Thanks

Steph
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: potential ex-pat

do a search, there are gazillions of threads on how much you need to live comfortably here...

as for your particular salary expectations, sure someone will be able to advise...

MM, xx
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:48 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

and don't forget to read through the wiki at the top of the page...
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephi25
Hey guys, i'm a potential Dubai ex-pat... and just researching.

How i would know what kind of salary would be enough for me to live on comfortably... I've been warned not to convert to pounds as cost of living is different in Dubai.

The job is in the magazine industry, picture researcher... anyone have an idea what to expect?

Thanks

Steph
really depends on your situation.

if you are coming with family and kids you need a very good salary.
Single or a couple with no kids then you can live on an awful lot less.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:37 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
really depends on your situation.

if you are coming with family and kids you need a very good salary.
Single or a couple with no kids then you can live on an awful lot less.
That is just so wonderfully vague!!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
That is just so wonderfully vague!!
not in comparison with the orignal question!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:44 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
not in comparison with the orignal question!
Oh yes - absolutely the right answer to a question like that! Aside from looking at Wiki etc.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:51 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do it. It will cost you your soul.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Don't do it. It will cost you your soul.
she works for the magazine industry. do you think she has one?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

stephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nicestephi25 is just really nice
Talking Re: potential ex-pat

'she' is here she can read and she thanks you all for your help(!)
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

provide us with a bit more info and I'm sure you'll get some useful info.
but as others mentioned if you do a search you will probably find everything you need!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 4:10 pm
Now 15% less offensive

Originally Posted by stephi25
'she' is here she can read and she thanks you all for your help(!)
Snotty Cow
Old Jun 19th 2008, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

what a friendly lot we are. I'm so glad i chose this forum to join(!)
Old Jun 19th 2008, 4:19 pm
Now 15% less offensive

You're welcome
Old Jun 19th 2008, 4:23 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Harsh replies... but it's true enough that "comfortable" can vary a great deal depending on personal situations and comfort levels.

I think about 80% of my outgoings is rent, these days...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.