British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Potbelly (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/potbelly-917900/)

Millhouse Oct 2nd 2018 9:47 am

Potbelly

Potbelly is the latest casualty in the Dubai International Food Court - it closed on 1st October so I guess it didn't make the rent. This adds to the poncy cup-cake shop that went two weeks ago.

Anyway - good riddance, potbelly is disgusting and I never understood how the cupcake shop survived.

Good to know that the economy is strong though.

DXBtoDOH Oct 2nd 2018 10:08 am

Re: Potbelly

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12571504)
Potbelly is the latest casualty in the Dubai International Food Court - it closed on 1st October so I guess it didn't make the rent. This adds to the poncy cup-cake shop that went two weeks ago.

Anyway - good riddance, potbelly is disgusting and I never understood how the cupcake shop survived.

Good to know that the economy is strong though.

Ah, and there was me thinking you were going to ask how to get rid of your potbelly.

Millhouse Oct 2nd 2018 10:42 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12571515)
Ah, and there was me thinking you were going to ask how to get rid of your potbelly.

im shredded.

DXBtoDOH Oct 2nd 2018 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12571531)

im shredded.

Good for you.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 2nd 2018 11:35 am

I liked the occasional Potbelly. It was close to being made with actual meat and their selection of sauces was very good....delivery was from the DIFC branch as well, the bastards.

DXBtoDOH Oct 2nd 2018 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12571557)
I liked the occasional Potbelly. It was close to being made with actual meat and their selection of sauces was very good....delivery was from the DIFC branch as well, the bastards.

I'm not so out of touch that I don't know what Potbelly is. Was it like Subway?

Millhouse Oct 2nd 2018 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12571583)

exactly the same as subway.

Except the original is based on pork ...

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 2nd 2018 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12571583)

Pretty much but Subway is terrible. This was edible at least....like Quiznos in the UK (god I loved that place when I worked in West Quay).

Taz786 Oct 3rd 2018 5:43 am

Quiznos was awesome in Birmingham. Never found a Sub place as good.

Has Potbelly closed all its location? I generally visit the DCC branch. Their cookies are the highlight.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 3rd 2018 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Taz786 (Post 12571996)
Quiznos was awesome in Birmingham. Never found a Sub place as good.

Has Potbelly closed all its location? I generally visit the DCC branch. Their cookies are the highlight.

The biggest size Quiznos was the absolute champion of champions. I'm going to have to hunt one down.