Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Position Elimations ....?

Position Elimations ....?

Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:05 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Position Elimations ....?

Originally Posted by USExpat
I've bounced all over that island in ruffly 22 months, worked for BP as an external adviser. But mainly the hyper expensive London.
oh right, well you sound quite bitter about it all, I guess we sometimes do take the piss out of americans unfortunately.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:05 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

And not to forget the classic "Aeroplane" or "Airplane". But let's leave it as it is okay? It's a never ending battle both sides won't win.
ermno we'll win, because it's our language that you speak, see 'english', you've just bastardised it.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spugsy
ermno we'll win, because it's our language that you speak, see 'english', you've just bastardised it.
Yeah sure... My advise? Get a copy of the blue movie called "Adam does London". To hear a woman orgasm in that stuffy Oxford English of yours? Rolled over the floor laughing myself nearly sick...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:11 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah sure... My advise? Get a copy of the blue movie called "Adam does London". To hear a woman orgasm in that stuffy Oxford English of yours? Rolled over the floor laughing myself nearly sick...
Spugsy; Oxford English! WTF
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:14 pm
why ayeeeee man!

'advice'
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

oh right, well you sound quite bitter about it all, I guess we sometimes do take the piss out of americans unfortunately.
Beleave me, after about 18 months it irritates the hell out of someone. The absolute pits? Trying to book a room in B&B late at night. "Every room is occupied Sir..." And then to look outside "Rooms available". And when I asked why the signboard was still up? "Applies to British Nationals only Sir..."

But at those moments I don't get angry, just smiled at the guy "Okay... Sorry my American English upsets you. Sorry that a second class human being called an American national entered your establishment. My advise? Take your B&B... Even better, take your entire island... Move it next to where the Titanic sunk and drill a f**king hole in it."
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:20 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Beleave me, after about 18 months it irritates the hell out of someone. The absolute pits? Trying to book a room in B&B late at night. "Every room is occupied Sir..." And then to look outside "Rooms available". And when I asked why the signboard was still up? "Applies to British Nationals only Sir..."

But at those moments I don't get angry, just smiled at the guy "Okay... Sorry my American English upsets you. Sorry that a second class human being called an American national entered your establishment. My advise? Take your B&B... Even better, take your entire island... Move it next to where the Titanic sunk and drill a f**king hole in it."
So, not bitter at all then?
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Roadking
So, not bitter at all then?
Nope... Used to racism after all these years. They say the French are bad if it comes down to foreigners, but some countries add a total new dimension to the word.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:23 pm
why ayeeeee man!

no way, jesus, where did that happen? Because you're american?? We might take the piss out of you and your huge pizzas and stupid cars and twat of a president (bush) but no-one would do that.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:24 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Nope... Used to racism after all these years. They say the French are bad if it comes down to foreigners, but some countries add a total new dimension to the word.
I know americans back home who travel the UK and have a brilliant time, I've never, ever come across stories like yours simply because you are an american, I have to say I find it hard to believe.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

no way, jesus, where did that happen? Because you're american?? We might take the piss out of you and your huge pizzas and stupid cars and twat of a president (bush) but no-one would do that.
I heard that the US Customs and Immigration people are the nicest people on earth...
Second come the interviewers that work in US Consulates...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

I know americans back home who travel the UK and have a brilliant time, I've never, ever come across stories like yours simply because you are an american, I have to say I find it hard to believe.
Your choice, I respect that. I've had awesome times in your country as well, not all UK nationals are racists. But when it hits you in the face you tend to never forget it. Beleave me it makes you feel dirty as a human being towards the point that soap and water can't wash it off anymore. It's a mega big difference if they recognize you as a tourist, or as a guy just trying to earn a buck in the UK.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Confucius
I heard that the US Customs and Immigration people are the nicest people on earth...
Second come the interviewers that work in US Consulates...
I'd call them assholes myself. And yes, 100% American here...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:33 pm
If I have to explain...

No, really; you surprise me.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Good people and bad people in every country...
Any coin has 2 sides...Heads, and assholes...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.