Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Pork ban and Brauhaus Abu Dhabi

Pork ban and Brauhaus Abu Dhabi

Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pork ban and Brauhaus Abu Dhabi

Hows this restaurant doing with the limitation on pork now? Seeing as they pretty much only cook pork related food. Is that still in effect?

I forget the name of the hotel its in, the one connected to AD mall.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:33 am

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pork ban and Brauhaus Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld View Post
Hows this restaurant doing with the limitation on pork now? Seeing as they pretty much only cook pork related food. Is that still in effect?

I forget the name of the hotel its in, the one connected to AD mall.
is there a limitation on pork now? i've heard there were some talks about that; but i thought that was abandoned? at least i buy pork in my local shop
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by diablo View Post
is there a limitation on pork now? i've heard there were some talks about that; but i thought that was abandoned? at least i buy pork in my local shop
Oh ok so its over.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Its the Beach Rotana hotel fyi.

If anyone ever is going to stay there, make sure you get a room in the tower, as they are much nicer and spacier opposed to the ones in the old wing which are cramped and outdated.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

I think Brauhaus banned pork way before the UAE pork ban!

When Brauhaus closed its doors last year during Ramadan once it reopened they had a revisd menu and the prices had increased considerably.

Shame really, their mixed grill was spot on but went from about 60AED to nearly 100AED, I believe the decision to stop serving pork was down to the Rotana but maybe this was 'forced' by the local authorities
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal View Post

When Brauhaus closed its doors last year during Ramadan once it reopened they had a revisd menu and the prices had increased considerably.

Shame really, their mixed grill was spot on but went from about 60AED to nearly 100AED, I believe the decision to stop serving pork was down to the Rotana but maybe this was 'forced' by the local authorities
Uhm, I stayed at that hotel for a few days back in april, still serving pork, at the Brauhaus as well as the breakfast buffet.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

I never said they stopped serving pork after Ramadan, I said the prices increased!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

The pork ban was short lived in AD. Spinneys and Abelas pork sections closed for a couple of days but it's business as usual now.

Last edited by soukie; Jun 12th 2009 at 11:33 am.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

I never said they stopped serving pork after Ramadan, I said the prices increased!
Did I misunderstand then?

Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Does way before imean September last year EUC?

The rumour was and I hasten to add rumour, that they stopped serving pork in March

The last time I ate there and had pork was UAE national day.

I stand corrected if I am wrong!