Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Pope Benedict announces his resignation

Pope Benedict announces his resignation

Old Feb 17th 2013, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Benedict announces his resignation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRDfut2Vx0

NOT SAFE FOR WORK. OR ANYWHERE.

Last edited by The Dean; Feb 17th 2013 at 9:20 am. Reason: .
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:55 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

The UK's only cardinal has stepped down/retired just a few weeks before he was due to retire and just before he was due to be part of the conclave of cardinals who will elect the new pope.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...behaviour.html
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:09 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
The UK's only cardinal has stepped down/retired just a few weeks before he was due to retire and just before he was due to be part of the conclave of cardinals who will elect the new pope.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...behaviour.html
Allegedly because a priest accused the Cardinal of Edinburgh&St Andrew's See as far as I rememember( is his name Conan O brien? or is that the guy from telly, sorry subject is not my forte)of uninvited,inappropriate behavior towards him - some thirty years ago.....
He just got given the holy Chilterns cos it would add more fuel to the fire at imminent Pontiff election- IMHO.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:12 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Another catholic priest kiddy fiddler....
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:29 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Another catholic priest kiddy fiddler....
Cardinal actually.
Seems his penchant might have been newly ordained priests or at least one in particular.
By the time religious students qualify as priests, they are not children in the eyes of the law.
Not sure if there is more than one complainer but the Cardinal has stepped down as he knows he can no longer participate in the electoral conclave.Smoke without fire and all that.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:33 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Not a kiddy fiddler and this isn't just a Daily Fail article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...obrien-resigns

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-inappropriate
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:40 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just checked news @ this...four complainers .
That takes us into Moorov.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:42 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Eva
Smoke without fire and all that.
Exactly, I'm sure the church have known about these allegations for years and the decision was taken to get rid of him before something else comes out of the woodwork.

So they get some other priests (keep it in the family), to say this happened, that happened, he was forced out.

End of, now the next pope can be clean of allegations.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:55 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kix
Exactly, I'm sure the church have known about these allegations for years and the decision was taken to get rid of him before something else comes out of the woodwork.

So they get some other priests (keep it in the family), to say this happened, that happened, he was forced out.

End of, now the next pope can be clean of allegations.
I, on the other hand, believe the Catholic Church has been busy trying to deflect the proven cases of abuse.
Having assigned a place on the Conclave to this Cardinal,I am sure there are those within the Enclave reeling at these revelations....
Old Feb 25th 2013, 9:04 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Eva
I, on the other hand, believe the Catholic Church has been busy trying to deflect the proven cases of abuse.
Having assigned a place on the Conclave to this Cardinal,I am sure there are those within the Enclave reeling at these revelations....
Exactly.

"It wasn't anything to do with us, we didn't know".

Yeah right.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:56 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Apparently the Pope's ring will be destroyed on Thursday.

That he doesn't see the irony.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:19 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

For one awful moment I thought I'd misread that post above
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:30 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hnd
For one awful moment I thought I'd misread that post above
I am ignoring the subtext.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:35 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

And there is now a 76 year old Argentinian.

**** of, the Falklands are English!

Total scam, the argies and the catholic church are ganging up on us English.

I blame Henry V111
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

'I like the Pope, the Pope smokes dope'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.