Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Pope Benedict announces his resignation

Pope Benedict announces his resignation

Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Benedict announces his resignation

You know the economy is bad when even God is laying people off
Old Feb 12th 2013, 3:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
but a lot of people believe in madeupicsm (or however you speel it!)
Yeah, stupid is - stupid does.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I heard he has been linked to the Jimmy Saville case..... now then, now then!
Old Feb 12th 2013, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I like the fact that he resigned on a Monday. Obviously the Sunday was hard work and he thought - I can't go through that again,

I've always resigned at the end of the week rather than the beginning so you can enjoy the weekend. I guess his weekends are a bit different though.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 5:38 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I like the fact that he resigned on a Monday. Obviously the Sunday was hard work and he thought - I can't go through that again,

I've always resigned at the end of the week rather than the beginning so you can enjoy the weekend. I guess his weekends are a bit different though.
D'you think he brunches?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 5:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
D'you think he brunches?
I tried to book into Bubblehelmets this weekend - was told they were full.

Big leaving party...out-of-towners...the clues were pretty cryptic, but when they mentioned special powers it could only be one man:

Old Feb 12th 2013, 7:43 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Ding dong the (chief) witch is dead (well, retiring)
Old Feb 12th 2013, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Apparently God was trying to kickstart his ailing body after he made his 'shocking' announcement to the world:

Old Feb 12th 2013, 1:09 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Could it be the fault of the Brummies? You have to love local papers!

Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Meow
Could it be the fault of the Brummies? You have to love local papers!

http://i45.tinypic.com/de65xc.png
Yeah, but wouldn't you quit after that? The sheer hopelessness of it all....
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Apparently God was trying to kickstart his ailing body after he made his 'shocking' announcement to the world:
Latest BBC headlines, Pope has pacemaker fitted for years. Wow!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Meow
Where are you getting these? Keep them coming!!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 12:19 pm
Bored liberal

Old Feb 17th 2013, 9:08 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

The Vatican have recently been accused of institutional cover ups of child sex abuse by priests dating back as far as you care to go. One ex-benedictine monk, who was employed by the Vatican to fly round the world handling abuse cases and basically buying the silence of the victims has gone public about this activity.

Before he became pope, ratzenwhatshisface was head of the committee within the catholic church that basically operated this activity and was ultimately responsible for it. The book by this monk bloke has just come out in the USA, and it looks like it could turn out to be quite a big scandal. By resigning now it gives the chruch the opportunity to appoint someone who has not been associated with this activity and therefore will not be tainted by the fall out yet to come.

Also several of the candidates being rumoured, according to the broadsheets anyway, are African. So should the Holy See appoint the first black pope, they wriggle out of the worst of the child abuse situation, and also get a big warm liberal slap on the ring.

The Vatican is that secretive they must have something to hide. Considering they're supposed to have archives going back 2000 years you'd think that unless they had something to cover up then people other than the higher echelons of the Catholic Church might be allowed in there.

Saying that I very much doubt the Pope is really the man making all the decisions, more a figurehead to distract everyone from what's really going on behind closed doors, should we end up with a black pope you would be forgiven for thinking this confirmed the theory.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.