British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Poor Lebanon (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/poor-lebanon-535633/)

Grace O Malley May 10th 2008 3:23 pm

Poor Lebanon

Why again is the whole world watching and not helping. I feel so sad for the Lebanese, what an awful way to live, never knowing whats going to happen next

Madam Medusa May 10th 2008 3:26 pm

Re: Poor Lebanon

i cannot believe what is happening...confucius, i hope your family is out of all this...and god bless anyone else who is still there...

MM, xx

Grace O Malley May 10th 2008 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6333461)
i cannot believe what is happening...confucius, i hope your family is out of all this...and god bless anyone else who is still there...

MM, xx

thats right, confi i hope to god all ok with your family

Confucius May 10th 2008 4:24 pm

Thank you girls...Everyone is ok, our areas are safe and everyone hopes it stays that way and this would just be another dark page...
We shall see what the days will bring...
The only word I can say to describe all this is "sickening"...

Madam Medusa May 10th 2008 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6333668)
Thank you girls...Everyone is ok, our areas are safe and everyone hopes it stays that way and this would just be another dark page...
We shall see what the days will bring...
The only word I can say to describe all this is "sickening"...

well i'm thinking about you all...

C, xx

Confucius May 10th 2008 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6333683)
well i'm thinking about you all...

C, xx

I love you all...

Inselaffen May 10th 2008 4:49 pm

its a great pity that every time the country starts rebuilding itself something like this happens.

once again it looks like Syria is pulling the strings.

should add to this thread the woes of the Burmese. what a heartless buch of b#stards they have ruling that country. probably over 100,000 dead yet they push ahead with their rigged referendum!!

Madam Medusa May 10th 2008 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6333728)
I love you all...

and your fellow countrymen i'm sure...and we think about them all...

C, xx

Confucius May 10th 2008 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6333759)
its a great pity that every time the country starts rebuilding itself something like this happens.

once again it looks like Syria is pulling the strings.

should add to this thread the woes of the Burmese. what a heartless buch of b#stards they have ruling that country. probably over 100,000 dead yet they push ahead with their rigged referendum!!

It's always been like this even since my parents remember...

Confucius May 10th 2008 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6333768)
and your fellow countrymen i'm sure...and we think about them all...

C, xx

I love your PR...

Eva May 10th 2008 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 6333467)
thats right, confi i hope to god all ok with your family

Ditto from me.Tis truly unspeakable what is going on.Hope your family stays safe and your country knows peace again one day soon.

Madam Medusa May 10th 2008 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6333774)
I love your PR...

i wish my pr translated into something good for the country...really, tino, i do...

C, xx

lionheart May 10th 2008 6:15 pm

Sadly I cannot see how the situation is ever likely to improve...until all the pro-western families are forced to emigrate to the USA, Dubai etc leaving the Islamic thugs to fight it out amongst themselves...another Mogadishu in the making, perhaps? Very sad, especially for the moderates.:frown:

Confucius May 10th 2008 6:36 pm

They let the guns in the hands of stupid people and their stupid leaders who claim they're used for resistance against Israel...It was Israel that was attacked in the last few days...They turned their guns towards their own brothers...

shakh your bootie May 11th 2008 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6334023)
They let the guns in the hands of stupid people and their stupid leaders who claim they're used for resistance against Israel...It was Israel that was attacked in the last few days...They turned their guns towards their own brothers...

Such is the joke that is pan-arabism.... It's interesting, tho, that when Palestine & Lebanon have (fairly) democratic elections, and the people choose to allow Hamas & Hizbollah to form part of their government, the USA rejects it....