Pointless rows

Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:01 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pointless rows

Yes, I know it's from Mumsnet, but a friend sent it to me. A rather amusing link about the most ridiculous reason for a major argument.

http://www.mumsnet.com/features/-mum...2Barguments%2B

And when you've read it tell me the daftest thing you have had a major row about. We had a massive
row once about The Queen...
Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pointless rows

Where to keep the coffee- I'd just moved in with my boyfriend and we had completely gutted the place so it was exactly how we wanted it, apart from he wanted to keep the coffee out on the kitchen top, I wanted it to be in the cupboard out of the way, we had a huge row (one of only a handful in 8 years) and then had a 6 month battle of wills with me putting it away, him getting it back out, I let him have that one in the end.

Whilst in the supermarket at 2am we also had a row about tins of tomatoes- I used to hate supermarket shopping and he used to read all of the nutritional info on the food and was reading the difference between a Tescos own and a branded tin- I lost it as I just wanted to get out of there and go home to bed- ended up screaming down the aisles at each other. I walked out and drove home leaving him to get a taxi, which he was not impressed about at all!
Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

A rather dull arguement over salted v. unsalted butter. Carried out loudly in an aisle in Tesco's. Oh dear...
Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:28 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

About if the elder one should have an afternoon nap or not when he gets back home from school....

But mine are far far far and between tbh as a. I am a lucky man to have a very patient partner and b. because my first failed marriage taught me to just shutup and nod in agreement....and then do exactly what you think needs to be done
Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

From David Thorne. Not quite an argument I guess.

Holly cannot cook. She is capable of the process of cooking, but Holly cannot cook in the same way that an octopus cannot ride a bike; it has enough arms to reach the pedals and handlebars but the result will rarely be a successful journey from A to B.
I once looked over Holly's shoulder to discover her crumbling Alka-Seltzer tablets into a meal she was preparing because "they are salty and we ran out of salt."
Friday night, Holly stated that she was making nachos for dinner so I was surprised to be presented with a bowl and spoon an hour later. "What's this? I asked.
"The nachos were a bit runny so I added a few cups of water. It's nacho soup," she replied.
"Is there even such a thing?" I asked. "And what are these bits in it?"
"They're the chips," Holly replied defensively as she sipped a spoon of Nachos and made a long "mmmmmm" noise. "I put it all in the blender so there shouldn't be any big bits."
"I'm ringing for pizza," I said.
"Typical," replied Holly, "you never appreciate anything I do."
"That's not true" I responded, "I appreciate everything you do but if I ordered a hamburger at McDonald's and they handed it to me in a cup with a straw saying 'Sorry, it was a bit runny so we threw it in the blender and added two cups of water, it's Big Mac soup', I would assume the restaurant was entirely staffed through some kind of special needs employment initiative. If they asked me, "Do you want fries with that?" I sure as **** wouldn't reply, 'Yes, mix them in.'"
"It would probably be quite good," responded Holly, "but you would never know because you are too much of an asshole to taste it. Even if the guy at McDonalds spent an hour in the kitchen making it for you and burnt his thumb on a saucepan."
"Fine," I relented, taking a scoop and raising it to my mouth, "I'll taste it." Sipping at the brown and yellow puree, I felt an intense burning sensation not unlike having a mouth full of red ants. I swallowed with effort as my eyes began to water and said, "It's a bit spicy."
"Yes," said Holly, "We were out of Cumin so I used Curry instead. It's like an Indian version of Nacho soup."
Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:54 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
From David Thorne. Not quite an argument I guess.

Holly cannot cook. She is capable of the process of cooking, but Holly cannot cook in the same way that an octopus cannot ride a bike; it has enough arms to reach the pedals and handlebars but the result will rarely be a successful journey from A to B.
I once looked over Holly's shoulder to discover her crumbling Alka-Seltzer tablets into a meal she was preparing because "they are salty and we ran out of salt."
Friday night, Holly stated that she was making nachos for dinner so I was surprised to be presented with a bowl and spoon an hour later. "What's this? I asked.
"The nachos were a bit runny so I added a few cups of water. It's nacho soup," she replied.
"Is there even such a thing?" I asked. "And what are these bits in it?"
"They're the chips," Holly replied defensively as she sipped a spoon of Nachos and made a long "mmmmmm" noise. "I put it all in the blender so there shouldn't be any big bits."
"I'm ringing for pizza," I said.
"Typical," replied Holly, "you never appreciate anything I do."
"That's not true" I responded, "I appreciate everything you do but if I ordered a hamburger at McDonald's and they handed it to me in a cup with a straw saying 'Sorry, it was a bit runny so we threw it in the blender and added two cups of water, it's Big Mac soup', I would assume the restaurant was entirely staffed through some kind of special needs employment initiative. If they asked me, "Do you want fries with that?" I sure as **** wouldn't reply, 'Yes, mix them in.'"
"It would probably be quite good," responded Holly, "but you would never know because you are too much of an asshole to taste it. Even if the guy at McDonalds spent an hour in the kitchen making it for you and burnt his thumb on a saucepan."
"Fine," I relented, taking a scoop and raising it to my mouth, "I'll taste it." Sipping at the brown and yellow puree, I felt an intense burning sensation not unlike having a mouth full of red ants. I swallowed with effort as my eyes began to water and said, "It's a bit spicy."
"Yes," said Holly, "We were out of Cumin so I used Curry instead. It's like an Indian version of Nacho soup."
Old Apr 7th 2014, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Where to keep the coffee- I'd just moved in with my boyfriend and we had completely gutted the place so it was exactly how we wanted it, apart from he wanted to keep the coffee out on the kitchen top, I wanted it to be in the cupboard out of the way, we had a huge row (one of only a handful in 8 years) and then had a 6 month battle of wills with me putting it away, him getting it back out, I let him have that one in the end.

Whilst in the supermarket at 2am we also had a row about tins of tomatoes- I used to hate supermarket shopping and he used to read all of the nutritional info on the food and was reading the difference between a Tescos own and a branded tin- I lost it as I just wanted to get out of there and go home to bed- ended up screaming down the aisles at each other. I walked out and drove home leaving him to get a taxi, which he was not impressed about at all!
Doctor Dean replies:

Agree not to buy any coffee at all, after taking all remaining coffee in your house and throwing it away. Then see who cracks first............. If it is him, you can then say 'OK we can buy some more, but only if we keep it in the cupboard............'
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Dean I should have clarified, I had just moved in with my boyfriend- now ex boyfriend.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:43 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Well rid. Any man that reads instructions or tins is a control freak who needs binning. And who the hell leaves their coffee on display? Its bad enough when people have those awful Coffee, Tea and Sugar containers in clear view.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I have reading books in the kitchen cupboard.

She didn't want them out on the shelf in the bedroom, I won't throw them away (unless swapping for new), only place I could put them was in a spare cupboard. SMART, because she can't complain even though it's weird.

The best, most pointless row is something that happens regularly in a recruitment office.

That's my candidate.
But it's my client.
So we get 50% of the fee each.
But it isn't your candidate.
But it is my candidate.
No it's not, it's out of date for your 'ownership'.
But I sent him to you.
ETC ETC ETC ETC

Hang on guys, has this guy accepted an offer?
No
Has he been offered?
No
Has he been interviewed?
No
Has he been sent to the client?
No

WHY ARE YOU ****ING ARGUING THEN YOU BASTARD HALF-WITS.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I have reading books in the kitchen cupboard.

She didn't want them out on the shelf in the bedroom, I won't throw them away (unless swapping for new), only place I could put them was in a spare cupboard. SMART, because she can't complain even though it's weird.

The best, most pointless row is something that happens regularly in a recruitment office.

That's my candidate.
But it's my client.
So we get 50% of the fee each.
But it isn't your candidate.
But it is my candidate.
No it's not, it's out of date for your 'ownership'.
But I sent him to you.
ETC ETC ETC ETC

Hang on guys, has this guy accepted an offer?
No
Has he been offered?
No
Has he been interviewed?
No
Has he been sent to the client?
No

WHY ARE YOU ****ING ARGUING THEN YOU BASTARD HALF-WITS.
........... all of which helps to explain why your profession has such a poor reputation.......... (no offence to you personally)
Old Apr 8th 2014, 3:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
........... all of which helps to explain why your profession has such a poor reputation.......... (no offence to you personally)
Don't make me list more reasons why. I'd be here all day and you would all hate me!
Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Dean, we all know exactly the same happens in a bank regarding fee income for a mandate that is yet to be even signed/ originated - don't try and be high mighty on this...

but yes, Scamp is a scumbag.

Last edited by Millhouse; Apr 8th 2014 at 5:40 am.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Come on Dean, we all know exactly the same happens in a bank regarding fee income for a mandate that is yet to be even signed/ originated - don't try and be high mighty on this...

but yes, Scamp is a scumbag.
I'm sure most sales / selling offices have the same issues.

I bet Britexpat is regularly pulling Lebo's apart when arguing over who tries to sell the FJ Cruiser to the short bloke
Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:20 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Doctor Dean replies:

Agree not to buy any coffee at all, after taking all remaining coffee in your house and throwing it away. Then see who cracks first............. If it is him, you can then say 'OK we can buy some more, but only if we keep it in the cupboard............'
I'd be worried if I was in a relationship where I had to ask permission to buy coffee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.