Places

Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Places

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
- Dartford. Lived there for 4 lonnnng years. Unfortunately gneurgh... nope, I can't find anything nice to say about the place.
OMG Kitty!! I lived there for a couple of years, I had a pub called "The Malt Shovel"
..lovely pub but I heted Dartford..what a dreadful place
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:31 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
OMG Kitty!! I lived there for a couple of years, I had a pub called "The Malt Shovel"
..lovely pub but I heted Dartford..what a dreadful place
hehe - Mr Kitty has heard of The Malt Shovel! Is it the one of East Hill, just above Dartford Park? He did even more time than I did in Dartford - we were conned, you see... our Uni's name promised grandeur, instead, we got a campus in Dartford. lol
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:19 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Places

Originally Posted by Scamp
What's the best place you've ever been for a period of time?
Inside Nigella Lawson.

Only kidding of course!...She wasn’t the best place by a long shot. [/Predictable]
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Best: Bangkok is up there, southern Norway in the summer is nice.

Worst Bangkok is up there, Dundee is a shit hole
I'm with you on Scumdee, best thing about it is leaving! Did see a cracking Arctic Monkeys concert in Caird Hall mind.

Not sure on the best place, probably Blumenau in SC Brazil. Or Brisbane.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:04 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst place can be the best depending on who you are there with. I know, typical British demenour but I think its true. I went to Butlins at Skegness - it was as dire as I knew it was going to be, the "chalets" were cockroach hotels, the all-you-can-eat buffets were laughable and the weather was dire; but the crowd of people I was with made it one of the best holidays ever!

For scenery, I loved New Zealand - watching penguins hopping up the beach at Invercargill, kayaking in the Able Tasman, cruising Milford Sound. I adored my time there.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:20 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Worst - Stoke-on-Trent, absolute craphole.

Best - Anywhere in New Zealand, Waiheke Island, Queenstown, even Auckland, awesome. Will be back there, sooner rather than later I hope.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
hehe - Mr Kitty has heard of The Malt Shovel! Is it the one of East Hill, just above Dartford Park? He did even more time than I did in Dartford - we were conned, you see... our Uni's name promised grandeur, instead, we got a campus in Dartford. lol
Yes it was a very lovely 16thC. Youngs pub..I loved the pub and the customers but the rest of Dartford was grim!!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tillybean
The worst place can be the best depending on who you are there with. I know, typical British demenour but I think its true. I went to Butlins at Skegness - it was as dire as I knew it was going to be, the "chalets" were cockroach hotels, the all-you-can-eat buffets were laughable and the weather was dire; but the crowd of people I was with made it one of the best holidays ever!
I went to Butlins at Bognor once. I booked in for 5 days - lasted 3. What a dump, we even had our towels nicked.... all you can eat buffets - beans, cheap ass sausages and smash. Never again!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Cheap ass sausages, eh? So that's what happens to the donkeys on the beach when they get old...
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:07 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

The food was grim. Very grim.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Oh!! I remember being in Aden on route to Singapore back in the 60's..... we were delayed for a few days....the plane was overran by those little frogs they have there....my brother and I took pocket loads on to the plane..
It was a Comet out of Brize Norton to Singapore via Aden and Gan.
This was obviously when the dead sea was still alive and kicking
By the 70's the journey was Cyprus, Gan then Singapore.

Best - tricky but, possibly the tiny island in the Maldives where I went a couple of years ago. Just 12 villas and totally relaxing.

Worst - Hated living in Uckfield for 2 months when I was a child. Everyone was horrible.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:57 pm
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice

Best - Acapulco in the 70's when it was both safe and beautiful; Santa Barbara and San Diego anytime; Hakkonne Mountains (Japan) - breathtaking and excellent on-sen

Worst - Riyadh, Chula Vista, Bakersfield, Most of Oakland

U.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:12 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Worst - Gabon ... French speaking unstable Africa... nuff said. Carmathen is a shathole....

Best - Antigua was great, Kenya had some v.good points, Holland was fun too. And Umbria was amazing....
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:43 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Best: Camp John Hay in Baguio City, Several Hertfordshire pubs, Beijing during Chinese New Year.

Worst: Sharjah, Bury Park & the town centre of Luton,.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Best: Singapore, Mauritius, St Anton (for the Alpine scenery), Fujairah, Bangkok (well some of it), Greek Islands - Mykonos, Santorini, Naxos and Ios, anywhere in the Middle East that isn't a shithole

Worst: Darlington, Canvey Island, Olu Deniz (Turkey), Athens, Khalifa City A

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.